Help with electric and water bill

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
itscc2u
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Help with electric and water bill

Post by itscc2u »

I live in South Carolina a small town called St Stephen that is in Berkeley County.

I am divorced on disability and paying child support to the ex in Florida.

I had a room mate who decided that his illicet drugs were more important than paying the rent and utilities to me. He owes me $400 but I will never see it he is on disability too and no clue where he is now to collect.

I have re-rented his room and the room mate is awesome pays his bills on time, but I have been trying to catch up the rent, the electric etc since I evicted the last room mate. I am embaressed to tell the new room mate I am behind on the bills.

I cannot find where to apply for Liheap here, called Salvation Army about my electric bill which is about to be shut off and they told me it had to be paid current with no past due before they could help me, never in my life have I heard such a thing about paying it current to get help, I need help because I am past-due and facing disconnection. I cannot work due to my medical issues and I am lost as to where to get help.

Where in the world do I go been trying for 4 months now and get the run around of never heard of Liheap, you need to call Salvation Army you need to call united Way etc etc its a viscious circle I am in and for the first time in my life I am afraid I am going to be homeless ans I cant do anything more, boyfriend cannot help he is unable to work and get disability.

Please help me I cant take any loans out I already did a title loan to catch up the rent and that is strapping me. I have the other room up for rent but no one wants to live this far out from Charleston even for a cheap rent

Thanks,

Christine
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Help with electric and water bill

Post by Admin »

While it is a small town, there are numerous agencies and assistance programs for you that you can contact. They include the ones listed on the site below (see link). Or to summarize some may be the community action agency Berkeley/Dorchester Counties Economic Development Corporation (843) 761-8244 or you can also dial Tricounty Family Ministries at 747-1788. I am almost certain that the community action agency runs the LIHEAP program in Berkeley, but if not they should be able to redirect you. Not sure why so difficult to get that info.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/ber ... e_pro.html
itscc2u wrote:I live in South Carolina a small town called St Stephen that is in Berkeley County.

I am divorced on disability and paying child support to the ex in Florida.

I had a room mate who decided that his illicet drugs were more important than paying the rent and utilities to me. He owes me $400 but I will never see it he is on disability too and no clue where he is now to collect.

I have re-rented his room and the room mate is awesome pays his bills on time, but I have been trying to catch up the rent, the electric etc since I evicted the last room mate. I am embaressed to tell the new room mate I am behind on the bills.

I cannot find where to apply for Liheap here, called Salvation Army about my electric bill which is about to be shut off and they told me it had to be paid current with no past due before they could help me, never in my life have I heard such a thing about paying it current to get help, I need help because I am past-due and facing disconnection. I cannot work due to my medical issues and I am lost as to where to get help.

Where in the world do I go been trying for 4 months now and get the run around of never heard of Liheap, you need to call Salvation Army you need to call united Way etc etc its a viscious circle I am in and for the first time in my life I am afraid I am going to be homeless ans I cant do anything more, boyfriend cannot help he is unable to work and get disability.

Please help me I cant take any loans out I already did a title loan to catch up the rent and that is strapping me. I have the other room up for rent but no one wants to live this far out from Charleston even for a cheap rent

Thanks,

Christine
hulcomb

Post by hulcomb »

Hi Im wondering if you could help me on my water bill it seams that my bill keeps going up and it seaams that it never goes down and I live on a ssi check every month and I get help with my other bills and there isnt any one around where I live that would help with water Iam married and have four kids and live in government housing . so I was wondering how to get help with my water . I live in Ohio
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Looks like you registered from Licking County Ohio. Is that correct? Water bills are a little more difficult to get help with. Maybe use your SSI check to pay it. But some other options you have at your disposal in that part of Ohio include LEADS Community Action Agency as well as the Newark Ohio Salvation Army. Phone 740-345-8120. Both of them can provide advice and maybe limited cash. If you are in government housing may government aid can help pay water bills?
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _prog.html
hulcomb wrote:Hi Im wondering if you could help me on my water bill it seams that my bill keeps going up and it seaams that it never goes down and I live on a ssi check every month and I get help with my other bills and there isnt any one around where I live that would help with water Iam married and have four kids and live in government housing . so I was wondering how to get help with my water . I live in Ohio
Diane100

Post by Diane100 »

Please help us! We live in Duluth, Ga. We are a Christian family and in need of assistance. I am a single Mom and lost my job as an event planner last November. Our water has been turned off for 4 days and our power and gas are coming due. I have been paying what I can to keep our utilities on but times are getting harder the longer it takes me to find a job. I spend every day applying with no luck:( If anyone knows where we can get help please let us know
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Here are several places to call in Duluth and Gwinnet County. While not sure about water bill, usually gas and energy bills you can get help with.
You can try calling organizations like Norcross Cooperative Ministry phone number (770) 263-8268) as well as (770) 564 1702. There tend to be many churches in that area as well, especially if you are a christian family.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/gwi ... e_pro.html
Diane100 wrote:Please help us! We live in Duluth, Ga. We are a Christian family and in need of assistance. I am a single Mom and lost my job as an event planner last November. Our water has been turned off for 4 days and our power and gas are coming due. I have been paying what I can to keep our utilities on but times are getting harder the longer it takes me to find a job. I spend every day applying with no luck:( If anyone knows where we can get help please let us know
Fleecesweaters

Post by Fleecesweaters »

Hi, I am currently disable and have been for approximately 8 years. I rely on a cane, walker and electric wheel chair for mobility and depending on my current pain levels. I have CIDP ( A rare autoimmune desease), Type II Diabetes, Hyperthyroid, High Blood Pressure, Tachacardia and Neuropathy in both legs. Recently my Wife left me and had the electric utility that was in her name shut off. I no longer have electricity or water. I rent a mobile home on the property of my Mother's house that belongs to my Sister. I have a rental agreement with her. Without electricity or water, I have no heat, I can not cook food, I can not bath, I can not recharge my electric wheel chair, nor adjust my mechanical/electrical hospital bed. I have no money and no where to turn. I have never asked for assistance through any program before. I am presently on Social Security Disability and my take home pay is around $1,652.00 a month. I will try to attach the email I received from Alabama Power when I tried to have the electrical service placed in my name. Can you please help me, I have no where else to turn to.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We know Alabama Power offers some discounted rates on electric and utility bills. Call them and ask. It is for people with SSI too. Find more on Alabama assistance programs and agencies to call for programs for the disabled and handicapped. They may have some programs to help get your electricty turned back on too. We do not need the letter.
Fleecesweaters wrote:Hi, I am currently disable and have been for approximately 8 years. I rely on a cane, walker and electric wheel chair for mobility and depending on my current pain levels. I have CIDP ( A rare autoimmune desease), Type II Diabetes, Hyperthyroid, High Blood Pressure, Tachacardia and Neuropathy in both legs. Recently my Wife left me and had the electric utility that was in her name shut off. I no longer have electricity or water. I rent a mobile home on the property of my Mother's house that belongs to my Sister. I have a rental agreement with her. Without electricity or water, I have no heat, I can not cook food, I can not bath, I can not recharge my electric wheel chair, nor adjust my mechanical/electrical hospital bed. I have no money and no where to turn. I have never asked for assistance through any program before. I am presently on Social Security Disability and my take home pay is around $1,652.00 a month. I will try to attach the email I received from Alabama Power when I tried to have the electrical service placed in my name. Can you please help me, I have no where else to turn to.
Weather

Post by Weather »

I have recently suffered a loss in Unemployment Compensation as of May 7, 2012. I have a disconnect notice for my electric utility services through Duke Energy, scheduled for disconnect on May 26, 2102. I live in Bethel, OH 45106, Clermont County. Please let me know if there is any assistance you can provide to avoid my electric from being disconnected on Thursday, May 26, 2012. I have contacted my local agency to enroll in the Duke Energy PIPP program and cannot even get an appointment until mid June 2012. I have exhausted all knowledgeable efforts that I am aware of and have found no help. Thanks,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you need help with your Duke Electric and you water bill, then you may want to review our entire site. The PIPP program may help, but so could other charity and non-profit programs. Keep calling around to different agencies too. Find details on our services and referrals. Read more.
MarcLev

Post by MarcLev »

To whom it may concern. I live St. lake Isabella California. Cal waters is the water company. They have miss raed my meter over 21 ccfs for to people in two months. You can barely read the meter and she refuses to change it out. The billing is every two months. There for I should be able to pay every two months. I have a bill now that is 600.00 and the church could only pay 75 and at the time I was going to pay 400. Thats 475 total, over half and she still refused me service.and turned it to collection in the same month she received a 75 dollar payment. The English women has had me without water going on 5 months. I Cant put it in nobodys name she wont let me. I have nothing to due with the people who has lived here before me. For one they misread the meter and refuse to give me service now and turn it over to collection. They shut me off the day before Thanksgiving and that same month I just made a $180.00 payment and she shuts me off. I need water. We dont even have grass how can I use 21 ccfs in two months theres no leaks. They charge me 98 service charge every month. Can someone please help with my water we cant go on no longer being discriminated against. There is no reasoning with this women something needs to be done. Please can any one help.
Tiffany1

Post by Tiffany1 »

My rent is almost two months behind. I have been looking for a job and my husband got fired from his job but the ruling of employment for discrimination purposes we got a notice today for if we do not pay in 3 days we need to leave the premises and we have nowhere to go and we have a 7 month old baby to take care of. I am currently in school for my bachelors degree and he is currently collecting a small amount a week from unemployment but it does not meet the cost of rent and electric. We are currently due to have electric shut off on the 26th of this month, we are really upset and need assistance If possible soon, I would appreciate it and be most greatly appreciative for help, it's not easy asking for help.
Ernest While

Post by Ernest While »

I really need help with my electricity and water bills. I already received disconnection bills. I'm on disability & have 2 kids. My electricity is with Hilco and its about 270. My water is with city of Glenn heights and it's about 260. It's all in TX. Thanks!!
Sent from my i Phone
Namco

Post by Namco »

Hello, since our family had a bad accident, my husband was badly injured and we have a hardship here. We are barely surviving here we need help with our water bill and our electric bill. We do need help with Cable but that is not necessary right now, what we do need is help with Water and electric. PLEASE HELP US.
JamesGag

Post by JamesGag »

I'm a disabled, 62 year old, female resident in Tacoma, WA. I am very low income (SSI) in need of financial assistance to pay Utility bill as well as water costs. I am one month behind so my bill is quite high, nearly $400! I rely on fairly expensive space heaters as my landlord won't or is unable to fix the heaters in my rented house. I have received assistance from MDC for utility bills in the past. This community has been very kind, generous, and compassionate toward me. I am appreciative beyond my ability to express. Thank you!