These programs do not or cannot help

Find how to get help with rent
mrsbetht@hotmail.com
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

These programs do not or cannot help

Post by mrsbetht@hotmail.com »

I am short $320.99 on my July rent. My landlord has waited as long as he can and today is the final day before I will be taken to court and locked out of my home, losing everything I own. I have contacted my local community action program for the umteenth time and as always they say they have no funds, Dept of economic Security will not help because I do not have children. They won't even give me food stamps because I am now employed. Salvation Army says they do not help with rent and Catholic Charities says I cannot receive help more than once in a 12 month period. I received help a few months back because I was fired from a sales job for not meeting quota. The job was supposed to be a customer service position. I have a very good job now but in the meantime I have become two months behind in my rent. My landlord says if I pay him July rent without any late fees TODAY then I will not be evicted or taken to court. I have tried to sell everything I have that I do not need and I have contacted every agency I can think of to no avail. Now what?
Admin
Site Admin

Re: These programs do not or cannot help

Post by Admin »

What state? Most programs are local, so without knowing more information our reply will be general.
Most agencies do have very limited funding and application conditions, as you noted. Here is our main link to state agencies, charities, and local programs for assistance, including rent. Pick your state, then county, etc. to drill down. Maybe we have some programs are agencies you did not try yet. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... html#local
Stufz

Re: These programs do not or cannot help

Post by Stufz »

I need assistance in getting into an apartment. I have spent over $500 in application fees, have $1500 rental return from my last home in Montana pending and paid a $1200 deposit and 1st month rent to an apartment that rented the apartment out from under me. They are saying that it will take up to 3 weeks to get my money back as it has to come from it's corporate office out of state, so they cannot help. I will be in Cleveland on or before 8/5/2015 and need help. I work, but things have happened that I am out of money.