Money for a crisis

State and local government assistance programs.
DavidTweed
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Money for a crisis

Post by DavidTweed »

Good Morning,
I'm a 36year old Single mother of two girls ages 13 and 9. I was laid off on 3/7/11 and in need of any type of assistance that I'm eligible for. I was on my job for 2 years making 32k when I was laid off. Since then, I have been approved for unemployment, food stamps and Medicaid. I reside in Palm Beach with my boys living in a wonderful area with great school. I was able to afford rent, a car note and all utilities. However, since I was laid off my vehicle has been reprocessed and I'm just barely holding on to a thread. This has never happened to me(thank God). I've always had a steady income and made sure my children had a stability. My life has drastically changed in the past year. My dad passed Sept of 2010 and life for me has not been a walk in the park emotionally, physically and now financially. I dont mean to play a violin. I pray, I cry and I pray, Please anything will help. My children is being affected tremendously... Thanks so much for listening and considering. Please feel free to contact me via email, phone or mail (see below)
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Money for a crisis

Post by Admin »

Sorry for your recent loss, and lack of job. Both events even lead to more stress and difficulties. Are far as how to get help in Palm Beach, we do have a number of programs and services listed for the county. First and foremost, first call the Palm Beach Community action agency at 561-355-4700. they are the leading place for low income assistance, rent help, food, and much more. Also try Urban League of Palm Beach County, Inc. at (561)833-1641. They are also one of the leading not for profits.

DavidTweed wrote:Good Morning,
I'm a 36year old Single mother of two girls ages 13 and 9. I was laid off on 3/7/11 and in need of any type of assistance that I'm eligible for. I was on my job for 2 years making 32k when I was laid off. Since then, I have been approved for unemployment, food stamps and Medicaid. I reside in Palm Beach with my boys living in a wonderful area with great school. I was able to afford rent, a car note and all utilities. However, since I was laid off my vehicle has been reprocessed and I'm just barely holding on to a thread. This has never happened to me(thank God). I've always had a steady income and made sure my children had a stability. My life has drastically changed in the past year. My dad passed Sept of 2010 and life for me has not been a walk in the park emotionally, physically and now financially. I dont mean to play a violin. I pray, I cry and I pray, Please anything will help. My children is being affected tremendously... Thanks so much for listening and considering. Please feel free to contact me via email, phone or mail (see below)
myke

Post by myke »

hey there im a 38 year old single dad and am about to lose everything.have never been in this postion and am terrified!!!!im a musician/teacher and skilled carpenter with some other trades and skills.ive been working for the past three years with my sons grandmother maintaing her 5 rental properties.in return she was letting me stay in the property close to her cuz shes 76 and her family wouldnt help her.she also has provided a vehicle for me to do the jobs and help take care of her.docters appointments,grocery,picking up prescritions,and maintance on her home and all the properties.she has recently fallin been hospitalized and her daughter has power of attounery over her.which is probably for the best.but the daughter has taken everything from me job car and house.i have no other income at this time due to all the time this situation took.no way to get out and look for job,no place to live no real frinds or family that can help.ive worked so hard and im so motivated to suceed but am frozen with fear and no idea what to do.and soon i wont even have accsess to internet or a phone.ive been working on ged so i can get a degree in music but that will have to be put on hold she was providing the recources for me to do that.i only have a week at the most before this happens.i cant just leave what belongings i have,and walk away.is there an answer,a direction anything???
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is too bad. You can always do a couple things. One is we have extensive information, by state, and assistance froms from the government, charities, non-profits, etc. That list is here.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/sta ... progr.html
I also wonder if you have any legal recourse here. While we can't answer that, look into speaking to an attorney for free, if your income is low enough, which it sounds like it is. Information on free legal advice can also be found on the main site.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/fre ... dvice.html
Explore our resource needhelppayingbills for dozens of options and programs.
myke wrote:hey there im a 38 year old single dad and am about to lose everything.have never been in this postion and am terrified!!!!im a musician/teacher and skilled carpenter with some other trades and skills.ive been working for the past three years with my sons grandmother maintaing her 5 rental properties.in return she was letting me stay in the property close to her cuz shes 76 and her family wouldnt help her.she also has provided a vehicle for me to do the jobs and help take care of her.docters appointments,grocery,picking up prescritions,and maintance on her home and all the properties.she has recently fallin been hospitalized and her daughter has power of attounery over her.which is probably for the best.but the daughter has taken everything from me job car and house.i have no other income at this time due to all the time this situation took.no way to get out and look for job,no place to live no real frinds or family that can help.ive worked so hard and im so motivated to suceed but am frozen with fear and no idea what to do.and soon i wont even have accsess to internet or a phone.ive been working on ged so i can get a degree in music but that will have to be put on hold she was providing the recources for me to do that.i only have a week at the most before this happens.i cant just leave what belongings i have,and walk away.is there an answer,a direction anything???
Zebra

Post by Zebra »

To whom it may concern:

I am in need of assistance, and I never ask for help unless I desperately need it. Well I'm in need of assistance. My husband and I live on Social Security disability and for the past two months we have been alright, but 9 weeks ago, I had surgery and it has kept me from doing anything. Then this past Wednesday my husband had to have emergency heart surgery. So we have gotten two months behind on our rent, and our utilities are also behind, since neither of us can actively look for work and for my husband it is going to be sometime. I should be better within the next three months, but I am afraid we are going to be evicted from our home. I haven't been able to purchase food since I'm behind on utilities, and I pay them what I can. I do not like asking for assistance, if only necessary and this is necessary. I only need help for about two months. I am looking for a job, so I am hoping that in two months I will have employment.

Our rent (hopefully my landlord will do a rent to own), but for now I'm just renting. The rent is $1100.00 in Oakland, and my water bill is $200.00, electric is roughly $157.00, my phone bill is $140.00 (need the phone because of my husband), but bear in mind that I am two months behind on each of these, and I've tried to pay them what I can, and still provide us with some food, which I usually only purchase $100 a month. We live in Oakland.

I do hope you can be of assistance, because I do not ask for help, but this is one time I really really need it.

Thank you,
Farrel Givens

Post by Farrel Givens »

I need help with my rent and utilities. My fiancé and I are no longer together and I have a protection order against him. I don’t work I haven't for almost fours years because of being a stay at home mom. I'm forced to go back into the work place yet having trouble finding a position. My rent hasn't been paid this month and close to being evicted. I have no income. I’m trying my hardest to find one. If I could have any help or money with paying something so I can still have a place to live until I land a job. I have an interview this Thursday and another one on the 22nd.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

People returning to the work force should try a job training center. But for your immediate need of rent and utility help, we do have programs in DeKalb County Alabama region for you. Also, make sure you get child support from the fiancé, and sue him if need be. But for the financial aid, read DeKalb County Alabama programs.
Elway J

Post by Elway J »

My boyfriend was recently laid off and so we are only living off my income, which is $12.00 per hour and I work about 30 hours a week. I have a 6 month old and had this point we do not have any money to make rent in August. We just paid July so were good for a minute. Our rent is $1050.00 a month.
My boyfriend is a Union Electrician. His unemployment will not kick in for about 4 to 5 weeks so we just need a little help for maybe the next 2 months maybe. We have never needed assistance before, so I'm not exactly sure who to ask for help. At this point we just barely go caught up financially with having a baby.
If you could please either give me some information on getting assistance or give me a phone number or contact information of someone who could help us that would be great, I really don't want to be homeless in May. I know our landlord is very understanding but there is no way I will have enough money with my job alone to pay for rent. Thank you for your assistance in advance.
alicia S

Post by alicia S »

Hello, Just recently my boyfriend of 12 years. Became unemployed on January 10th because of severe leg issues and pending an operation. Not having an idea of this happening, and being after Christmas we are in a mess and have no money! We both only work part time as janitors at hospital anyway so always pay check to paycheck. Now just barely made rent on 1st of 750.00, with a pending 2 month due electric bill of 600.00 for which we are going to neighborhood Impact tomorrow, not sure how much they can help as yet. We have a crisis as we have cable/internet bill of 198.00, phone that will come out of checking account this week of 85.00, and car insurance just due this month, and garbage overdue of 34.00.
I do get paid this Friday but don't know what part of anything I can or should pay! And of course have to have gas for not only work but many Dr. Appointments we has weekly. Tomorrow is another crisis as he does have a test that should show what kind of operation is needed and the length of time he will need to be off work. We both work for Everclear and have the most wonderful employer!
Without her understanding of his time off him would be without a job, she is so wonderful! So, after a little of our history do you know of anyone that might have any money to use for assistance with rent? This is what we really worry about the most, and in hopes we do not have to go behind with our landlord! Thank you,