Help paying electric bill

State and local government assistance programs.
djcoky4
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Help paying electric bill

Post by djcoky4 »

My power is going to be shut off. I can't believe it is still on. My husband has a lawn maintenance business that took a hard hit in this economy and has been unsuccessful finding other work. I lost my job last year because I injured my back and had emergency back surgery in September. I take care of my mother who lives with us and our three children. I'm hoping there is some kind of program to help us, I'm just at my wits end. If anyone has information to help me I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you so much.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Help paying electric bill

Post by Admin »

Contact your utility company and ask them about a payment plan. Try LIHEAP, the federal government program. Also contact your local community action agency. These are a few options you have. What state and/or county do you live in and I can post more information.
Also, review the main site need help paying bills for dozens of different state and government assistance programs, as well as info on many lesser known programs, like mortgage assistance, credit card hardship, and more.
djcoky4

Post by djcoky4 »

I live in Seminole County Florida. City is Fern Park 32730. I have looked at the area of need help paying bills and click on links but could not get anywhere. I don't know if I'm that computer dumb or I'm looking in the wrong place. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Here are a couple options. Try the local community action agency. They often have programs, or can direct you to where to go.
http://www.seminolecountyfl.gov/commsrvs/commasst/

A couple other options include
Progress Energy and the Energy Neighbor Fund
They provide help for low-income families facing unexpected energy costs can receive help through the fund.
Or try Florida Power & Light Company, and the Care to Share Program
This program provides energy assistance and cash grants to customers who are in a crisis situation and are unable to pay their electric bill. If you apply, and are accepted, a household may receive assistance of up to $500 for electric service once in a 12-month period.
JoBruce

Post by JoBruce »

I’m in dire need of financial help. I live in Sherman Texas and every time I call a Red cross, Salvation army or Resale barn, they usually tell me that they are either out of money or they are only helping people if its a dying emergency. Vie lost my job a couple months ago and I broke my hand and being indigent I didn’t get the surgery I needed to get it fixed.
Living in this establishment is very hard taking care of my son and trying to support my fiancé with the electric and other bills only ends up with tears and frustration. We need help. We are about to lose our apartment very soon and we owe everyone in the book. Everyday is a struggle and everyday that’s struggle makes me want to fight even more to get out of our situation. I want to give up but seeing my son and my fiancé keeps me pushing to strive for something better. Please help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, what they tell you is true. Of course money is limited, and priority is always given to otherwise qualified people in a dire emergency. This is true in Sherman County and elsewhere. Otherwise no one would ever work, they would not budget or manage their life, or do what is needed to help themselves. For example, what are you supporting your finance? Why does not that person get a job? Anyway, find Grayson County assistance programs here.
JoBruce wrote:I’m in dire need of financial help. I live in Sherman Texas and every time I call a Red cross, Salvation army or Resale barn, they usually tell me that they are either out of money or they are only helping people if its a dying emergency. Vie lost my job a couple months ago and I broke my hand and being indigent I didn’t get the surgery I needed to get it fixed.
Living in this establishment is very hard taking care of my son and trying to support my fiancé with the electric and other bills only ends up with tears and frustration. We need help. We are about to lose our apartment very soon and we owe everyone in the book. Everyday is a struggle and everyday that’s struggle makes me want to fight even more to get out of our situation. I want to give up but seeing my son and my fiancé keeps me pushing to strive for something better. Please help.