Find how to get help with rent
M Dreir
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Domestic violence victim needs rent help

Post by M Dreir »

Hello,
I am hoping that you can help me or find me someone to be able to assist me. I live in Pittsburgh, PA. I was not able to pay my rent for this month, totally $575 dollars. I am so scared of my landlord starting the eviction process. I am trying everything to figure out how to make a payment, I am just not able to come up with the money.
I was a victim of domestic violence, and am trying to survive on my own, while also being 14 weeks pregnant and the mom of three other children. I was assisted by our local CEO (commission of economic opportunity) office earlier this year to assist with my security deposit for our apartment. I do not think they will help me again.
I lost hours and time at work due to complications with the pregnancy and needing to be out with my Dr. who has also undergone some medical testing, which is how I lost income and my monthly bonus, which I unfortunately have had to depend on to pay bills.
The Department of Public Welfare will not give me assistance, because my ex husband has filed for it and claimed the children, so I am still fighting that. I have to pay for EVERYTHING out of my pay check and I am just not able to make ends meet. If I could get into emergency low income housing and rent was much lower I would be so much better off, but the waiting lists are years long. I am scared to death of having to live in my car or on the streets and allow my children to have to stay with their father.
If someone could please contact me as soon as possible, I would greatly appreciate it.
ohnathan

Re: Domestic violence victim needs rent help

Post by ohnathan »

Hello,

I am a mom who is seeking help for my son and myself. I am $100 short on my weekly payment that is today. We are staying at the Intown Suites located in Florida. At the end of December 2013 I moved back to Florida due to domestic violence reasons and have been receiving unemployment due to my situation.
Both me and my son have been staying at my moms house of which we were recently kicked out of the home due to me fighting with my drunk brother, who also lives there, about him yelling and screaming at me and my son just because he is in a bad mood. Instead of my mom telling him to leave she told me to get out since he was living there first. I just received my last check from unemployment because my funds have been exhausted and I did not have enough money to pay the full weekly rate. I desperately need help to get though the next week and pray that you can assist me in my situation. The reason I have choose this location is because it is close to my son's middle school and easy for him to take the bus to school. Please I would appreciate you immediate assistance with this matter.
Hotmom

Post by Hotmom »

Due to recent domestic violence I could use assistance with absolutely everything at this moment because he was incarcerated for it so I receive no money for my three children.

I’ve been a stay at home mom for seven years and two weeks ago my daughter ended up needing surgery and it will be about six months for recovery so due to childcare and all my daughters doctors appointments its been impossible to find a job because my availability is so little. My children have been thru so much and now I’m afraid we will lose everything because I cant afford a thing and the waiting lists for section 8 and housing are like 8 years. So I was looking for any information or resources that could help my family now. Thank You.
Morley

Post by Morley »

I am a victim of domestic violence here in Florida and have been granted a permanent restraining order. I am able to keep my apartment I just need help catching up on my electric bill and rent. I can afford apartment etc. Once I get caught up.

I am disabled and my SSI check will increase starting July 1 2014. My husband is currently incarcerated. Any help would be appreciated. Please contact me. This is my neighbors phone that she is kind enough to let me use. I am in an emergency situation. Thank you.
Biden

Post by Biden »

I need help with some type of housing. This year went through a terrible domestic violence relationship. Due to stalking and etc. lost everything. My son has been with my ex family because I do not want my son in a unstable environment on the street. Any housing assistance or information of that I can get asap in Stanislaus County would be a blessing. I do not have my boys so I do not qualify for the homeless program, however I would have them if I had a home! Any help is appreciated due to staying place to place with my kids is VERY HARD.
Today

Post by Today »

Hello, I'm in an abusive domestic situation that I'm desperately trying to escape. I’m a low income resident of Chicago, IL and I live with my husband and my 10 year old son. My husband is mentally, emotionally, and at times physically abusive towards me. I'm currently trying to come up with a plan to leave him so my child and I can be in a better environment. Is there a program that can help me move and help with rental assistance.
Sterner

Post by Sterner »

I am a victim of domestic violence and I am in desperate need of help to pay rent. Do to this incident I have lost my full time job, which I had just recently started. However, I do have a part time job but I have not been able to catch up on things as of yet. I am at risk of losing my place, and really do not need to have this to deal with since I am also struggling to deal with my depression.
I have reached out to many places and still have not been successful. I have also created a donation website to seek donations as well. Can you please provide me with some resources or assistance please?
LesterH

Post by LesterH »

Hello,
I am looking for resources. I am currently married to someone who is extremely emotionally abusive to me and my child. We have 2 children together, but he is verbally abusive with my biological son and myself. I can't leave because I have no family in the US, all my family is overseas. I don't have the financial resource to pay rent for the housing I have found so far. I barely manage to feed myself and my kids, my husband does not readily volunteer to buy food for the house although he could easily afford it. I just don't know where to start, what to do, where to go. I need some advice please. If you can't help can you advise me who I can speak to?
Local Mary

Post by Local Mary »

I left a domestic violence relationship but I moved to my brother’s house with his girlfriend and another couple and my daughter is with me. Is has been a nightmare they are now putting me out and I have nowhere to go. I am about to start a job but it is an at home position. I'm just trying to get a place until I get two paychecks.
Gloriana

Post by Gloriana »

Help with rent and other bills. I recently was incarcerated due to domestic violence and have been trying to turn my life around since being released. I am backed up on all my bills, including rent and I am scared I am going to get evicted soon. I am living the right way for the first time in years but I am struggling to find work lately which is mainly caused by my lack of reliable transportation because I lost my vehicle.
I am 24 full time employed, my fiancé stop not work due to bring 25 Weeks pregnant and considered high risk. We have a 18 month old daughter and the only source of income is mine. I barely can keep up with our bills let alone rent. I just need help to get back to date with my rent before I get evicted or turn to violence again. Any little bit will help. Thank you so much.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Try a church, and specifically Catholic Charities. Most of them tend to help survivors of domestic violence. Also, why is your brother putting you out? Can't you stay there a little longer to save some money? Or live with another family member. But try Catholic Charities domestic violence programs as they may benefit you.
Local Mary wrote:I left a domestic violence relationship but I moved to my brother’s house with his girlfriend and another couple and my daughter is with me. Is has been a nightmare they are now putting me out and I have nowhere to go. I am about to start a job but it is an at home position. I'm just trying to get a place until I get two paychecks.
Lance12

Post by Lance12 »

I'm a single mother of 3. I've been in a domestic violence relationship for a year. I'm losing my section 8 because I can't pay my water bill or rent to pass my inspection. I thought my spouse was paying the bill and found out the hard way he hasn't. My income is only 700 a month and that's child support for my two oldest which is 15 and 11. My Youngest daughter is 10 months. I just need some help I will work.
Today

Post by Today »

I need help with my rent and my bills. I’m a single employed college educated single mother of two little ones. I recently fled a domestic violence relationship of 10 years from the father of my kids. I’m AUGUST OF THIS YEAR HE TRIED TO KILL ME ON FOUR SEPARATE OCCASIONS. HE IS OBVIOUSLY NO HELP. I DONT HAVE BIOLOGICAL FAMILY TO LEAN ON AS A CRUTCH AND I AM DOING ALL I CAN TO KEEP A ROOF OVER OUR HEADS. Please I NEED HELP. CAN YOU HELP ME PLEASE. Thank YOU IN ADVANCE.
Joanne

Post by Joanne »

Albany NY. Domestic violence victim I am a single mother with 4 kids my husband is now in jail for a long time. I work everyday but my injuries and court dates have taken a lot from me and now I have to move NOW. There is blood and mold and my youngest is 12 months I am scared I have never had to worry before and I work hard.