Have a week to get money for rent

Find how to get help with rent
Martin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Have a week to get money for rent

Post by Martin »

I have less than 1 week to come up with $1000 more in rent in order to stop from being evicted. I have the rest covered, but my rental company will only work with me if I come up with $1000 more by Monday, October 17, or they will file the writ to vacate. Can you help me with $1000, or a small portion of the $1000? I am finally working again, so I will be able to maintain...but I need to catch up to a point where they will work with me. Thank you,
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Have a week to get money for rent

Post by Admin »

Well, one week is not much time. Some community action agencies may offer some emergency funding to pay rent if faced with eviction. However that time frame may even be too short for them. People should never wait until last moment to ask for help. It really limits options available and is a poor practice to do that. Oh well...live and learn. But call your local community action agency.
Martin wrote:I have less than 1 week to come up with $1000 more in rent in order to stop from being evicted. I have the rest covered, but my rental company will only work with me if I come up with $1000 more by Monday, October 17, or they will file the writ to vacate. Can you help me with $1000, or a small portion of the $1000? I am finally working again, so I will be able to maintain...but I need to catch up to a point where they will work with me. Thank you,
Messy-one

Post by Messy-one »

I need help paying the rest of my rent, i'm going to court to keep my place due to the fact that housing stop taking my rent in October due to the fact that my son got arrested but not sentenced yet. So my lawyer is fighting the landlord to remove my son from the least but they still want their money from October until now, but I only have about half of it which is $800 but i need about $800 more to stay in my apartment this week. I am disabled, have been in and out of the hospital since October. I am needing any help with my power bill before it gets shut off too. If there is any way you could help me. I am on oxygen,a walker and going blind and a severe diabetic,I truly need some help. Anything would help. thank you Can you help me?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Why would your landlord stop taking your rent because son was arrested. How would they even know about it? Unless he was causing trouble. Something doesn't sound right with that. Getting $800 in a matter of days or weeks is just not feasible. You will need to apply for local or government rental programs, find a place with funding, and then usually people only get $50 - $100 or more small dollar amounts. Anyway, feel free to look into rental assistance on our site, as we have a number of options for you to explore for possible solutions to your problem.
Messy-one wrote:I need help paying the rest of my rent, i'm going to court to keep my place due to the fact that housing stop taking my rent in October due to the fact that my son got arrested but not sentenced yet. So my lawyer is fighting the landlord to remove my son from the least but they still want their money from October until now, but I only have about half of it which is $800 but i need about $800 more to stay in my apartment this week. I am disabled, have been in and out of the hospital since October. I am needing any help with my power bill before it gets shut off too. If there is any way you could help me. I am on oxygen,a walker and going blind and a severe diabetic,I truly need some help. Anything would help. thank you Can you help me?
EricFisher

Post by EricFisher »

This email should go with the other one I sent to you asking for help with moving from South Minneapolis & living also in Hennepin County. Well, I did not see until I went back & read again that you also wanted the state. So the state is Minnesota, and that's Minneapolis. I will be moving to Minnesota living in Hennepin County. The places said about the wait list to get in them is 1 to 2 years. That might help some & give me time I hope to find help with the cost. I am also disabled but not a senior. thank You.
Kevin L

Post by Kevin L »

I'm currently trying to find assistance with affording rent costs in Stamford, CT. I was living with my grandparents, but they have been dealing with issues involving DSS and the EPA. Due to these issues, I am trying to move out.
I am currently enrolled as a full time student at Norwalk Community College. I am no longer employed due to my unrealistic plan of working and attending school full time. Rent is high in Stamford, and I'm just trying to see all of my options when find an apartment to rent.
ScottBander

Post by ScottBander »

My wife lost her job and I am disabled. We ran into financial problems and couldn't pay the rent this week. We were served with eviction notice last week. We are in need of $1040 to pay the rent so we can stay in our apartment long enough to either find a job or to buy time to find a cheaper apartment or a place to stay until things improve.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

A week is obviously not much time. You may want to try one of the emergency rent assistance programs. They may help you get some funds, or maybe advice, on dealing with the eviction you were served.
ScottBander wrote:My wife lost her job and I am disabled. We ran into financial problems and couldn't pay the rent this week. We were served with eviction notice last week. We are in need of $1040 to pay the rent so we can stay in our apartment long enough to either find a job or to buy time to find a cheaper apartment or a place to stay until things improve.
Kelly lynn

Post by Kelly lynn »

Hello Good day, were asking for help due for rent delays. We're facing eviction and we only have 1 week or less to pay the rent otherwise were force to move out. I just have a baby and the other one is a 1 year old and my older is 9 and we can’t lose our house. My husband is the only one works at the moment and we really need help to gone thru this difficult times. Hope you can help us becoming homeless thank you so much for consideration and looking forward for your help. Thank you and God less.
Morba

Post by Morba »

My family is about to be evicted if we do not come up with 1000$ this week to hold the landlord off. I live at home with my mother, brother, and uncle, whose corporation layed him off. We need a way to make money and heard about some free tools for our cell phones, and is that true.
My mother had a stroke and is unable to work at the moment and my brother is paralyzed from the neck down and is in a wheelchair. I am the only one working and trying to support them the best I can, but I just had to pay the water bill so the water didn’t shut off tomorrow and now I cannot afford the rent this week.