Pennsylvania assistance

State and local government assistance programs.
lorendep

Pennsylvania assistance

Post by lorendep »

Please post some information on assistance programs and way to get help in Pennsylvania. I need help with many bills, mortgage, debts, and taxes, and insurance. Basically everything. Thank you Loren. Please also email me anytime
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Pennsylvania assistance

Post by Admin »

lorendep wrote:Please post some information on assistance programs and way to get help in Pennsylvania. I need help with many bills, mortgage, debts, and taxes, and insurance. Basically everything. Thank you Loren. Please also email me anytime
Loren,
Try these for assistance in Pennsylvania. Pennsylvania also offers a mortgage refinance program, and help stop foreclosure.

http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... rogra.html
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... p_and.html
Olivia

Post by Olivia »

ENERGY BILL DISCONNECTION, GARBAGE SERVICE BILL DUE, RENT SOON DUE, KIDS NEED CLOTHS AND SHOES. I RECENTLY LOST MY INCOME CARE GIVING FOR MY SICK MOTHER. ALSO I HAVE JUST STARTED DIVORCE PROCEEDINGS WITH MY ESTRANGED HUSBAND, FOR WHOM I HAVE BEEN IN A 16YR ABUSIVE MARRIAGE WITH. HE HAD WARRANTS THEREFORE I MADE HIM GO BUT NOW I HAVE ONLY $153.00 A WEEK FROM UNEMPLOYMENT COMING IN RIGHT NOW TO COVER ALL MY BILLS. I REALLY NEED TO GET CAUGHT UP SO I CAN CONCENTRATE ON MOVING FORWARD AND GETTING A SOME CLIENTS TO TAKE CARE OF SO I CAN BECOME STABLE AGAIN, AND NOT BE SO SCARED AND WORRIED AROUND MY CHILDREN ALL THE TIME. THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP AVAILABLE.
Brewer

Post by Brewer »

I am 54 and have severe diabetes that has caused my eye site to basically diminish over the last few months. I am currently on short term disability and FMLA but will not have a job after the FMLA runs out.
I haven’t gotten a pay check or short term disability check yet from the state of Pennsylvania and am not going to be able to pay rent, my health insurance, premiums or utilities. I just need some temporary assistance to get back on my feet or until I am able to get social security benefits. Any help is greatly appreciated. I’ve fallen on hard times and cant provide for my family and its been hard to find a new job at my age and with my health the way it is. Thank you.
Androsemom

Post by Androsemom »

I am in Pennsylvania and in Dauphin County. I have called Community Actions and they said because I have a cell phone, TV and Internet that I could pay the oil bill but I need the cell phone to keep in contact with my daughters and my husband.

I need the internet to do my job search and I would like the TV for my grandkids. I just took my husband to the doctors and he is ill right now again and is fighting prostate cancer and now he has to be off work again and this is with no pay.

Just because we have these things and the cell phones are the only phones we have I am being punished. I am really trying to make my bills and no one wants to help. I keep being told that I need to call community actions. I feel like that I am a loser and that I was terminated from my job because I put my family first not my job first (sorry my husband had cancer) and I had a bloody nose. I was suppose to come in to work with a bloody nose which was not a bloody nose but an aneurism that burst. I am an awful loser employee my family needs help and I just don't know what to do. No one wants to help us now. I know why people commit suicide.
Campbell

Post by Campbell »

Hello, recently my husband got laid off and he was the only income coming in to pay the bills. We are currently on section 8 in Pennsylvania, but we are behind 1 month for rent. Our monthly portion of the rent is almost $1,100. We had asked for a adjustment in May for the month of June and we did not get one. We are still waiting for our adjustment and it is now July. So we just paid off last months rent and still owing July’s rent. To top it off our landlord is removing our electricity included with rent due to rates going up?
We have four children 19, 15, 12 and 6. It is such a struggle especially since our children are on summer break and majority of my husbands unemployment check goes to groceries and gas. We are looking for some help just to catch us up on our rent and first month/deposit for electricity. Our landlord is being very patient and understanding but I know they need their payment due to their own bills, so I don’t know how long it’ll be before we do get our eviction notice. So PLEASE if there is someone or agency that would be able to help us get back on our feet it would be GREATLY APPRECIATED. Thank you.
Brice1

Post by Brice1 »

Good morning
It is out of complete and total desperation and as a last resort, that I am once again writing to this office on behalf of my aunt who has been a resident of Bucks County Pennsylvania for close to 30 years. Never before in her life has she had to even thinking about applying to any type of assistance whatsoever, so she is maneuvering in very unfamiliar territory.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The good news for your sister is there are many places for her to apply at for help in Bucks County. Since she has been there for 30 years she should easily have proof of residency, which they require. For now though, find financial aid in Bucks County and send your sister this information.
Asbutterfly

Post by Asbutterfly »

I have a friend in Allegheny county of PA. His wife left him, he lost his home. He had a Grand Mal Seizure & lost his driver’s license & his job. 2 days ago he hit rock bottom & I had to take him to a mental health center. He has no money. He has a 10 year old son. He is about to lose his rental, has no money for food, etc. He would not ask for this help himself. How can I find him help?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Did the friend try applying for disability since he had a seizure? Since it sounds like he won't/can't work, charities in Allegheny county will be very unlikely to help him. As the assistance would need to be "never ending" if he can't become self-sufficient. So the options are limited. But try these agencies in the Pittsburgh region. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tance.html
Marjory

Post by Marjory »

To Whom It May Concern, I currently live in Newtown Pennsylvania. I have been living here with my two children and now X boyfriend for three years. He had just decided last week that he was moving out. Now leaving me and my two children.
He has been supporting me for the last three years as well as my children. He refused to let me work because he would not watch my youngest son. He was our sole provider. I will have a house I can live in but I cannot afford the rent. Can you please give me any information on rent assistance for single mothers? Thank You.
Train

Post by Train »

Hello
I am from Scranton PA.
In 2012 I got breast cancer stage 3C and it had spread to lymph nodes under my arm, after more than a year of chemo and other treatments, I have developed an array of after chemo medical conditions preventing me from going back to work right now. During the first year or two I used credit cards to pay house taxes and other bills racking up an unbelievable about of debt which I'm paying through Freedom Debt Relief.
From after effects of chemo I still have a hard thinking ahead. As of right now I owe my house taxes which add up to a bill that I cannot pay at this due to only getting 1,100 a month from Social Security. My taxes are 2900 without the 10% penalty I will also be charged. I'm a 49 year old single woman with nobody to help me with this major problem and this city has no tax abatement program and didn't offer me any help but to pay the bill. This city of Scranton Pennsylvania has put houses up for sale fast in the past for back taxes of only a year behind. I'm scared to death of being homeless with all the medical conditions I currently. I have even put off getting my car fixed and inspected which leaves me no way to get doctor appointments unless someone will give me a ride I have only one friend for that and no money for a bus at this time either.
When I was able to work none of these things were ever a problem! Please help me save my home. Maybe someone will hired me in this medical condition as I'm not afraid to work just don't know what I can do with all the health issues. Had I been thinking more clearly I would have skipped a few months paying off my other debts to save for my taxes! If there is anything or place I can go for help please let me know!
I'm even willing to volunteer my time to help others as I have in the past work at the soup kitchen, and packed food boxes for the needy which I'm now one of! Myself!
Thank You for taking time to read.
This very long plea for help!! May The Lord be you?
Sheerhan

Post by Sheerhan »

I am exhausted. I contacted everybody I can think of. I live near Andorra. Basically everybody I call is saying they cannot support my area code being I am considered a non-poverty level, low income citizen which means I basically don't live in a bad neighborhood such as North Philly where most of the criminals are but however they got it wrong.
I am very low income. I have 4 children and it's very hard to keep up with all my bills. My main priority is just keeping light and heat and hot water for them however I hear of all these programs that help with closing assistance for school and free backpacks and jackets. I was not entitled to any of that. I had to call around so many places just to get jackets for my children for children for jackets would cost me over $100 and then choose which I desperately need is $100 even on clearance for four children.
When you have that many children it just keeps adding up plus I need have two children that are in diapers which is 10 times harder so if there is any way you can help my family or lead me in a direction I would appreciate it. Everybody's been giving me false information and send me two referrals. I have no idea where I can get a referral or whatever referral is I reached out to a Catholic Church just so I can get food because I was evicted a week before Christmas with which left me with nothing but what I can bring in my car.
All my furniture is brand new. I had to leave everything behind. The father of my children never told me that he did not pay the rent. I have 5 days’ notice to get out. I was clueless and stand as anybody would was. So please if you can find me furniture, clothing for my children and more I would really appreciate it. I'm also in need of other items for my 2 year old and my 3 year old such as diapers and white bees and other little stuff but basically I'm looking for a kitchen table and lamps and a couch. I also am in need of a full size bed if there's any way you can assist my family, please contact me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sorry to hear of your cancer. You sound like a warrior...willing to volunteer, took many proper financial steps even while sick. Medical bills can be very expensive as you say, and some insurance companies "play games" with people. But there are some assistance programs to try in Scranton, and here is a list. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... nce_p.html
Maybe the tax department can offer you a payment plan, or maybe you can find some other relief too. Also, look into free transportation to the doctor, as many communities have volunteers who drive the sick to a provider.
Train wrote:Hello
I am from Scranton PA.
In 2012 I got breast cancer stage 3C and it had spread to lymph nodes under my arm, after more than a year of chemo and other treatments, I have developed an array of after chemo medical conditions preventing me from going back to work right now. During the first year or two I used credit cards to pay house taxes and other bills racking up an unbelievable about of debt which I'm paying through Freedom Debt Relief.
From after effects of chemo I still have a hard thinking ahead. As of right now I owe my house taxes which add up to a bill that I cannot pay at this due to only getting 1,100 a month from Social Security. My taxes are 2900 without the 10% penalty I will also be charged. I'm a 49 year old single woman with nobody to help me with this major problem and this city has no tax abatement program and didn't offer me any help but to pay the bill. This city of Scranton Pennsylvania has put houses up for sale fast in the past for back taxes of only a year behind. I'm scared to death of being homeless with all the medical conditions I currently. I have even put off getting my car fixed and inspected which leaves me no way to get doctor appointments unless someone will give me a ride I have only one friend for that and no money for a bus at this time either.
When I was able to work none of these things were ever a problem! Please help me save my home. Maybe someone will hired me in this medical condition as I'm not afraid to work just don't know what I can do with all the health issues. Had I been thinking more clearly I would have skipped a few months paying off my other debts to save for my taxes! If there is anything or place I can go for help please let me know!
I'm even willing to volunteer my time to help others as I have in the past work at the soup kitchen, and packed food boxes for the needy which I'm now one of! Myself!
Thank You for taking time to read.
This very long plea for help!! May The Lord be you?