Down payment for funeral home

State and local government assistance programs.
DJack
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Down payment for funeral home

Post by DJack »

I'm trying to get some information on getting help with funeral expenses. My cousin was shot in the head in Newport News, Virginia. The family is trying to get help with funeral costs. He has no insurance. The funeral home is asking for $1,000 down payment. Please direct me to someone who can help. I would greatly appreciate it.
Perry

Re: Down payment for funeral home

Post by Perry »

Hi,
I have a friend in Nashville. Her father died last week and has already been buried, but the home is demanding more more than was agreed on for the down payment.
He left behind no money or funeral insurance. She has set up a memorial fund and has raised $2,000. She and her only other sibling are working overtime to help with funeral expenses down payment. I am going to give her some money too.
Does your organization assist with these matters, or do you know anyone who does?
Thanks,
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Down payment for funeral home

Post by Admin »

While I love the city of Nashville, I am sorry to hear about your friends loss. Good for you to look out for her. As far as your question, Not really. Not unless your friend's father was "indigent". In general, there is not help for funeral costs...except for the very poor. Maybe DSS in Tennessee will help, and here are some other resources too. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... costs.html
Perry wrote:Hi,
I have a friend in Nashville. Her father died last week and has already been buried, but the home is demanding more more than was agreed on for the down payment.
He left behind no money or funeral insurance. She has set up a memorial fund and has raised $2,000. She and her only other sibling are working overtime to help with funeral expenses down payment. I am going to give her some money too.
Does your organization assist with these matters, or do you know anyone who does?
Thanks,