Need an attorney

State and local government assistance programs.
Gerber
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need an attorney

Post by Gerber »

I am in desperate need of assistance. I have been an elementary school teacher for 26 years in my community. A work accident caused my to seriously hurt my leg. I have had two operations on my leg within 11 months. of each other. I have myelopathy (spinal cord damage) and have nerve damage in my right leg which makes driving difficult. My estranged husband was charged with domestic violence against a person with a disability, amongst other charges. I am in immediate need of obtaining an attorney as he has filed for divorce on March. 3, 2012. Any assistance that would help me stay in my home, obtain legal counsel to make this an even playing field since I make 1/8 per month the income he makes. God bless everyone who is experiencing tough times and searching for advocacy, kind people, and a way to get back on your feet. Sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need an attorney

Post by Admin »

While you may make 1/8 of the income, it really depends on what that amount is as to whether you can get pro-bono legal aid or not. But yes, you should look into legal action for the divorce as well as accident. Sometimes it may do some good to speak to an attorney, especially if you qualify for free advice. And here is a listing of free legal aid by state, so search for your advocacy.
Gerber wrote:I am in desperate need of assistance. I have been an elementary school teacher for 26 years in my community. A work accident caused my to seriously hurt my leg. I have had two operations on my leg within 11 months. of each other. I have myelopathy (spinal cord damage) and have nerve damage in my right leg which makes driving difficult. My estranged husband was charged with domestic violence against a person with a disability, amongst other charges. I am in immediate need of obtaining an attorney as he has filed for divorce on March. 3, 2012. Any assistance that would help me stay in my home, obtain legal counsel to make this an even playing field since I make 1/8 per month the income he makes. God bless everyone who is experiencing tough times and searching for advocacy, kind people, and a way to get back on your feet. Sincerely,
bluegourami3

Post by bluegourami3 »

Check with legal aid/services in your area, Also, I know in my state, the Family Court provided me with a Do-It-Yourself Booklet for about 5.00, now I'm not saying you do it yourself, but this will give you a breakdown of everything that is to be considered for a divorce and will at least help you with the some know how. Good Luck, I divorced mine 7 years ago, and couldn't be happier.
Garnier
anti spam: Blue

Post by Garnier »

I am disabled and my landlord did not inform me last March when I moved into this apartment that all the hot water and gas as well are not included in the rent. I am disabled, and when I moved into this apartment my landlord did not tell me that there is only one hot water tank and it was only connected to my apartment. There is also a lack of electricity to other apartments and all common areas. When I found this out, the landlord kept telling me for months that he was working on the problem, when in fact he was trying to sell the building. He did sell it, and now I need a lawyer to sue him and I also need to move.