Help with Back Rent

Find how to get help with rent
Virginia
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Help with Back Rent

Post by Virginia »

We have 4 children and 3 jobs between my husband and I . Two of the children are under 3 and have to go to daycare. We live paycheck to paycheck and my car recently broke down . We now are late paying our rent. We need $900 dollars to make rent. it’s already past due. We have asked all of our family to help and are at our wits end. Please help if you can. Thank you.
Firmer

Post by Firmer »

My daughter and I live in a subsided housing. My daughter who was attending school which I thought she was full-time all along, now the landlord stated that since she was not full-time I owe back rent which will be at least $1,000.00 per month. May I reduce the rent that I’m paying now to $384.00?
My other question is there a way it can be paid back less than $1,000.00? I’m willing get a part-time job and pay $700.00 per month until the back rent is pay in full. The landlord stated to me my best bet is to move. Thank you for your help in this matter.
Ashley

Post by Ashley »

Rental assistance. My daughter lost her job and unemployment had ran out and her husband is working part-time and both of them are going to school and they have two daughters. I am living with them and I am on disability. They are behind on their rent of $2100.00 and their rent is 1200.00 amount. I was giving them $600.00 amount. Please tell us what we can do or help me find a place for all of us on my disability. We would like to stay in the area where we are for the girls and their schools.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Why did the landlord not fix the plumbing? If they did that, you would not need to have moved and would not owe any rent. Also, why are the fees almost 50% of your total cost. This entire situation sounds unusual and not sure if you are telling us the full story. But we will still provide you suggestions. We have many resources listed, and maybe some will help in your situation. So try this and read programs for paying rent.
FallOut

Post by FallOut »

Thank you soon much for your help. Is there any way I could get some phone numbers of these places to help me and my son. I'm on someone computer. And I really don't know much about computers. I've lost everything that I had in my house fire and I cannot seem to get back on my feet. I live in Poplar Bluff Missouri 63901.
I am homeless living in a 2 bedroom house with 6 people. I owe $1100 on gas and old electric bills as well as back rent and can't get into housing until I get those bills paid. I am on public assistance and get $230 a month because I've been getting treatment for precancerous and other health issues. And I really need help with the back rent part due.
Please if you can find it in your heart I really would so appreciate the phone numbers of places that could help me and my son! From the bottom of my heart. I thank you.
Indy One

Post by Indy One »

Hello
I need help with back rent. I have 4 children all under the age of 18 years. I was diagnosed with lupus 3 years ago and my life has done a turn for the worst. I do get assistance from the state and has applied for disability. I thing is I received section 8 voucher but it's like there not understanding me. I had to close out my 401k 3 years ago because they stop helping me. Because no one was there 4 my inspection like I explained to then I was and a comer an my landlord was not aware of what was going on. I just happen all of a sudden. When I returned home I did turn all of that information in and they told me it was nothing they could do. Now I'm back and the same boat and it's like they don't care. My doctor took me out of work March 27 2016. Now I'm about to lose everything I have worked hard for.
Is there anything you can do to help me?
Thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hold up. The landlord did not fix the plumbing problems, so you moved and paid for it? That is so wrong. The landlord needs to fix plumbing...report them to the county building inspector. Then, if they couldn't make the repairs and you had to move, there is no way you should pay for it. So you should still have the cash for rent.
Why would you do this? This story sounds so fishy. Everyone knows a property owner needs to take care of the "core" operations of the house, such as plumbing, heat, etc. Anyway, also look into legal aid at the same time as the rent assistance programs in Monroe County.
Gomez wrote:Good Afternoon:
I am in need of paying my back rent. I had to move to another unit because of plumbing problems with the other unit I was in. I am in the same complex, just a different unit. I had to pay for movers, therefore that cut into my rent for May. I informed the landlord I would be late, and they said ok. Next thing I know I received a letter from their lawyer stating I owe back pay, plus legal fees. This was unexpected, the extra $300 plus $816.00 which include a late fee. I just need to know is there any help out there for Nov. rent. I can pay April rent. I am so stressed right now I don’t know which way to turn. Dealing with the bad plumbing for months, moving expenses now this. Can you please direct me to any help at all? Thanks.
Buffalo

Post by Buffalo »

I went to court on 4/25 in Fall River, MA I worked out a payment plan where I would make monthly payments for 1 of the 2 months of back rent and the $348 in court fees. I am a Veteran on Chapter 115, a state program which helps veterans.
I requested one month back rent of 1035 on 5/3, requested denied. I filed an appeal on 5/21. Had a hearing on 6/24, will not receive notice until end of this month. I am scheduled to appear in court on the 15th.
If I can obtain the one month back rent of 1035 and $156.25 in new court fees before the 15th I will avoid any further fees and being evicted for failing to abide by the court decision of 4/25. I provided letters from both my VA doctors regarding my mental health issues and a letter from my apartment.
Leesman

Post by Leesman »

My mom went into the hospital for heart failure and we got behind in the rent. I've been paying my landlord 1,000 a month for the back rent, in the time I was with my mom in the hospital almost 31days we had a water leek it started slow buy the time I was able to notify the landlord my water bill was 1,390.00 and it was on the hot water so I was paying five to six hundred in electric. So that's how we got behind this month was the last 600.00 water bill we had to pay I'm on SSI my mom is as I'm curettage 1,400 hundred behind. Due to the high bill I am unable to pay the whole rent o have 600.00 told a thousand for this month. The landlord is holding a writ over my head for the back rent but fits really nothing I can't save to move because he has this writ and were paying 200.00 extra a month to get sought up. I need help very badly we also have 3 children in the home 9 years down to 2 months please If you can help me I would be so appreciated Thank You, Kathleen
JOlsen

Post by JOlsen »

My son (22) and his pregnant fiancé' (19) have just gotten off the greyhound bus. They are coming from a homeless shelter in NC. They have been approved for section 8 housing, and he has a job interview this afternoon. But in order for them to move in they have to pay off the $900 in back rent that he owes from his apartment rental agreement he had back 3 years ago. He is trying to help himself and his to be family but he has run into a bit of bad luck. Is there anything that you can do to help? Please??? They are sleeping on a floor for now. They have only the clothes on their backs. Please help if you can...thanks,.