Grandmother behind on rent

Find how to get help with rent
Valerie
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Grandmother behind on rent

Post by Valerie »

I am a 56 year old grandmother of four. I currently have legal custody of two of my grandchildren. Since being laid off from job of 13 years for absolutely NO reason AT ALL. I have been working where and when ever I can gain employment. Mostly at temp jobs, hoping that they will turn permanent. None have so far. Because of this, I have been having a trouble time keeping a roof over our heads.

My rent is $1400.00 per month, and I am 4 months behind on it. Now I have a eviction notice for June 2014. My gas is currently shut off. This is what I use for heating the house. My question is....people get immediate cash help for everything. How can I also get immediate cash help? Also, if you can please help me with a permanent job so that I can continue to take care of my grandchildren. I have always worked in offices, doing all types off office work. Is there someone who can please help me now? I am deeply appreciative of any/all assistance that you can provide. Kindest Regards.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Grandmother behind on rent

Post by Admin »

There are really any rent programs focused just on the elderly. Did you talk to the case worker for the kids you took on? Maybe they have suggestions. Also, being 4 months behind on rent is quite a hole. We had to say that, but we are being frank. You have left yourself little if any wiggle room when seeking assistance in Indiana. But you can try maybe a senior center, and locate resources for seniors in Indiana.