Help for bills and resources in Arizona

State and local government assistance programs.
Williams
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Help for bills and resources in Arizona

Post by Williams »

I lost my part-time job, I'm filing for disability. I am going through a terrible divorce and custody battle, I have NO MONEY AT ALL! I don't have gas money, toilet paper, I can't pay the bills anymore. I am going to be homeless. I have 2 sons, 14 and 18. I get no support from my husband. We have been separated and divorcing for 3 years now. It is taking forever. I can't do the laundry or buy hygiene items. I have no family that will help me anymore, they have all abandoned me. I have never felt such desperation. I have sold everything I have of value to survive this far. I have nothing left. I am desperate, please help me and my children!
Sandralot

Re: Help for bills and resources in Arizona

Post by Sandralot »

Hi,
I recently had to move because my roommate was smoking crack cocaine. I was able to rent a house but had to pay all of the utility deposits and security deposits. Now my account is $650 overdrawn and rent is due on the first. I am desperate as I am a single woman and have no one I can turn to help me.
I live in Maricopa Arizona.
I work full time but my next two checks will go to put my account in the positive. Hopefully you can help I do not know what to do
Thank you,
Kelly_Ryan

Post by Kelly_Ryan »

I had gotten laid-off about 4 weeks ago. I have been working for a temporary agency in Tempe Arizona. This agency finds work for me but lately it has been really slow so I’ve been out work for about 2 weeks now and looking for work.
I’ve applied for about 6 jobs but still nothing. And owe my family and are struggling on paying our rent and other bills but our main concern is our rent we owe 900 on our rent. I paid 500 ...our total rent is 1275.00.
I am able to make ends meet when I’m working but since I haven’t worked its making it hard to provide for me family. My wife would work but we have 5 kids and one of is just 4 months old she had been hospitalized all summer May thru July and I rather for her to take of the kids. She is not quite ready to go back to work and she is barely getting back to good health so right now I’m the one that provides for my family. We would really like some help we don’t want to get evicted from our home Please if you get back to me about this or send me listing of where I could get help please do thanks again.
EBurnett

Post by EBurnett »

Hello, here is the e-mail I received once I registered on your website. It shows me my Username but below it states that my account is currently inactive and will need to be approved by an Administrator before I can login. I don't understand this.
I live in Glendale, AZ and I'm on Social Security Disability Insurance since 2002. I received a 5-day Notice yesterday For Non-payment. I know I owe back payments of $265.00 but they're saying I owe $1, 284.96 plus March's rent of $515.09 which I have the March payment.
I'm going to dig through all my paperwork and receipts to show them I don't owe that amount. Unless they're charging me an enormous amount of late fees etc... But from $265.00 to $1, 284.96? I don't think so. I'm going to gather what I have and hopefully talk to them today.
I don't have a vehicle to get to and from my Dr. & Psychiatrist, grocery shopping, errands. I've been looking for work from home jobs, the only state assistance I get is food stamps which was just reduced from $19.00 to $15.00. I desperately need a lot of help in all area's. Main reason I fell behind is because of a family emergency and now I'm the one struggling. Please help me. Thank you,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are community action agencies in Arizona and other nearby cities close to you. We think there is one in Glendale too. These agencies can provide referrals, guidance, and maybe in some cases funds for paying expenses such as rent. They can also help people ensure they get their maximum SSDI that they are entitled too. So maybe you want to look into that.
If you have a five day notice though, it may be challenging to get approved for funds and apply in that short window, but you can always try. Find Arizona community action agencies.
ChrisT

Post by ChrisT »

Hello, I came across your information online and I am a single working mother in Phoenix Arizona need of help. Rent is behind, car note people calling, groceries running low. Everything cost so much and my dollar just isn't as far as I need for it to go. If you can point me in the direction of part time jobs that are hiring or any programs that may be beneficial I would greatly appreciate it.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Do things such as turning to pantry in Phoenix to cut back on food expenses. As far as rent, not much you can do besides move to a less expensive place. Also, talk to a credit counselor on car payments and other budgeting advice. Locate more information on agencies to call in Arizona.
Partenner

Post by Partenner »

Hello, I live in Phoenix, Arizona. I am in desperate need of assistance. This month has been rough on me. I have no food and my electricity is about to shut off and I don't have enough for my rent. I really need help fast. I don't want to lose my apartment or stay without electricity with this hot weather.
T. Radwansaka

Post by T. Radwansaka »

Hello, I'm located in Casa Grande, AZ (Pinal County). I read on the website to email you regarding assistance! I hope I read it correctly...
I recently moved into this duplex & the landlord has been trying to work on the deposit of $500 which I haven't paid anything towards it because of quite a Bit of Emergency issues that have been coming up! My water has been turned off for the last 2 week's & the amount is $92.83, I have not been able to turn on my gas at all!! And I turned on Cable & that's $130 including the deposit!
APS is requiring a $250 deposit, but was able to take the monthly payment to avoid shut off, I can't afford ANY FOOD, and I don't have transportation, being in a small town, there are NO buses or cab companies here! I'm on Disability through Social Security so a lot of my Dr. appointments etc. require me to take a cab all the way to Queen Creek, & they charge me more $$ to pick me up out here! The reason why I go out there is because my doctor prescribes me Psych/Regular medicines... But there are very few doctors in the state of AZ who are actually allowed to meet those needs of mine!!!
After all my bills are paid including the deposits etc., I would hope that would put me in good standing with the company's, I would be able to shower/flush toilet, be able to cook food once I'm able to get groceries & get kitchen supplies! As well as blankets, Furniture, Cleaning products, clothes, & shoes!!
I know I'm asking for so much HELP, & I'm aware it might not be a possible to receive anything! I also know that my doctors’ appointments cause me to lose a lot of money in cab fare alone...
I hope to hear a response from one of your case managers, & to let me know if there's ANYTHING that can be done to help me! I have applied for loans, credit cards, St. Vincent Dr Paul's, Cara, Salvation Army, I don't have any family members that would/could help me with anything!! WISHFUL THINKING...
Tolbert

Post by Tolbert »

On December 2, 2016 I had a plan. I knew where I was planning to take my little brother. They just got out of prison two months ago and moved into a simple two bedrooms apartment. It was all set up but I lost the money the whole five hundred dollars fell out of my back pocket.
It's been such a devastating three days. I've been diagnosed with depression since my fatal car crash in 2002 and I am feeling real bad right now. I am lost and can't cope I am super scared and need someone to understand what I am going through.
I have learned a lesson and I know now how to remedy this mistake but it hurts so much right now and with the Arizona heat its killing me already. Please if there is anyone that can help or even give me some advice. Anything will help me with just the coping part and would be appreciated to the fullest appreciation.
XeryQue

Post by XeryQue »

On December 2, 2016 I had a plan. I knew where I was planning to take my little brother. They just got out of prison two months ago and moved into a simple two bedrooms apartment. It was all set up but I lost the money the whole five hundred dollars fell out of my back pocket.
It's been such a devastating three days. I've been diagnosed with depression since my fatal car crash in 2002 and I am feeling real bad right now. I am lost and can't cope I am super scared and need someone to understand what I am going through.
I have learned a lesson and I know now how to remedy this mistake but it hurts so much right now and with the Arizona heat its killing me already. Please if there is anyone that can help or even give me some advice. Anything will help me with just the coping part and would be appreciated to the fullest appreciation.
Edwardo

Post by Edwardo »

Hi. I just moved to Prescott Arizona. I'm having a very difficult time trying to make ends meet. I have just about 0 dollars to my name and finding a job or a place to live that I can afford has been a huge struggle.
I have a 14 year old daughter and we will be homeless after December 23rd. I have no money to pay rent that I'd due then and we are just about out of food stamps. I’ve tried seeking help thru DES and they denied me due to a felony I acquired over 11 years ago.
I just started working recently but actually making money is virtually impossible due to the fact I live on tips and business is very slow. If you could please help me in any way I sure would appreciate it. The last thing I want is for my daughter and me to be homeless over Christmas. Also I do not have a single Christmas present to give to her. I have to save the few dollars I have made for gas so I can get back and forth to work. Please help me if at all possible. Thanks so much.
natasha

Post by natasha »

Good morning, Yesterday I had my paid off Truck stolen, shortly after I was served with an eviction notice shortly afterwards. I am now working after being laid off about 6 months ago and have been for the past 2 weeks.
I had to pay for food and my other vehicle I use for work. I was going to sell my truck to pay the rent. That now is no longer viable with a court date approaching in 6 days. Any recommendations would be heeded. Thank you for your time and information in regards to emergency situations like mine. I am still worried. I have already tried the Catholic Church in Tempe and Tempe Community Action since last month with no success, I am told they both have a lack in funding at the moment. Thank you again and God bless. Best Regards,
BradyBunch

Post by BradyBunch »

Hello. I am   24 and I currency live in Scottsdale Arizona. After reading online about the different programs that can help with rent and bills I decided to email you and explain to you my situation. I recently had a death in the family.
My mother pasted 2 months ago and I am currently not working. I was working at fashion square mall. But after she pasted I decided to take a break from work my manager. Felt that I would be the right thing to just let me go so I've been trying to get back on my feet and I decided that emailing you guys would be the best choice to take because right now I am late on rent and my SRP bill is a debt of almost $70 and my SRP M power box is about $200 so I am basically stuck with a rock and a hard place. I didn't know what else to do. I have went to family and friends and they can't help me. I have tried to reapply for food stamps. I just really need some financial assistance so if you guys could email me back as soon as possible I will gladly appreciate it or you can contact me at my cell. Thank you for taking time out to read this letter.
Gotta give

Post by Gotta give »

Hi I live in Mesa Arizona.  I have a husband and 3 children. My husband works and I get a check once a month for disability. We were doing well until my husband got hurt and had to miss a whole week of work. He is now back to work but since he missed that week we are really having a hard time. I am looking for some help with rent and utilities. We do have some money but not all. Also I have applied for food stamps but we only qualify for p dollars they said. So we are having to purchase our food as well. I would normally not ask for help I just don’t know what else to do here in Arizona. I do not want to be homeless with my children. Thank You so much! Could use prayers as well...  Thanks!