I just don't know what to do

Find grants and post ways to get grants to help others pay debts, bills, loans, and free money.
miss33ti
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

I just don't know what to do

Post by miss33ti »

I live in Lake Charles, La. and really need some help. I'm employed but my husband lost his job and with rent, utilities, etc... we are hardly getting by. What's worse, our only mode of transportation is caput and we've been renting a vehicle. This has killed our finances. Are there any grants in my area that can help with the purchase of another vehicle. Ways to Work is not available in our parish (Calcasieu). Any helpful info would be greatly appreciated. :cry:
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: I just don't know what to do

Post by Admin »

In Lake Charles and Acadiana Louisiana call the Calcasieu Parish Community Services. They have programs that can provide money for paying energy and utility bills, they adminster prescription medicine at a discount, (Patients can save an average of 22% for each medication not covered by insurance), can refer people to rent assistance programs, job assistance and support services, career counseling, and much more. They can also refer people to other local charities and assistance programs. Call them at (337) 721-4020.
miss33ti wrote:I live in Lake Charles, La. and really need some help. I'm employed but my husband lost his job and with rent, utilities, etc... we are hardly getting by. What's worse, our only mode of transportation is caput and we've been renting a vehicle. This has killed our finances. Are there any grants in my area that can help with the purchase of another vehicle. Ways to Work is not available in our parish (Calcasieu). Any helpful info would be greatly appreciated. :cry:
stac7037

Post by stac7037 »

:roll: Hello my name is Stacey and right now i need help with Rent orDeposit so that i can move from the place the tookme in when nobody else would ( Mather Community Campus )Housing for the homeless i'm now working and it's time for me to move on i have been saving some money but not enough to do all that i need to do. 1 move-in cost is $ 935.00 2 Deposit on Lights and Heating is $ 275.00 3 transportation is $ 200.00 and i haven't even brought food yet if i can get help with the rent that is $ 700.00 that will help me out alot and get me thought to the next months. i don't want to start off in the hole with my landlord, So if there is any info on Rent help please let me know Stacey ( jacksonstacey38@yahoo.com)i live in Sacramento, California the zip code area is 95823 if all possible you can reach me @ 916-529-5998
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Here is a listing of dozens of charities, non-profits, and other organizations in Sacramento. Some will have housing and rent programs, and money to pay first months rent or security deposits. These will also be great places to call and just ask if they have any advice. For example, one is Sacramento Area Emergency Housing Center (916) 455-2160 They offer a rent program and emergency funds.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... nce_p.html
stac7037 wrote::roll: Hello my name is Stacey and right now i need help with Rent orDeposit so that i can move from the place the tookme in when nobody else would ( Mather Community Campus )Housing for the homeless i'm now working and it's time for me to move on i have been saving some money but not enough to do all that i need to do. 1 move-in cost is $ 935.00 2 Deposit on Lights and Heating is $ 275.00 3 transportation is $ 200.00 and i haven't even brought food yet if i can get help with the rent that is $ 700.00 that will help me out alot and get me thought to the next months. i don't want to start off in the hole with my landlord, So if there is any info on Rent help please let me know Stacey ( jacksonstacey38@yahoo.com)i live in Sacramento, California the zip code area is 95823 if all possible you can reach me @ 916-529-5998
Hickory

Post by Hickory »

Hello,

First I hope this is not a scam. I am in desperate need for temporary help. I am 53 and have never asked for help in my life. I am a nurse and work full time. I am looking for a part time job to help myself. I am behind on March's rent. I have a power bill that will be due in early May for $343.00. I about to lose everything. I do not use credit cards and am not a shopper. I am simply having hard times. I am paying the IRS which is putting me behind but I have to pay them. I do not want to be homeless, on welfare and food stamps. I just need some emergency help and would be willing to pay it back as soon as I have another job. If you can give me any information or help, please let me know. I am desperate. If this is a pay day loan company, please disregard this.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Nurses make good money in Maryland. If you are working full time as you say, why do you need a grant then? is it poor budgeting or some other concern you have. In either case, a community action agency in your region may be the best resource for you. They not only offer advice on such things as credit counseling, but they may be able to help you apply for grants for that rent or offer tips on dealing with the IRS. Find the services from Maryland community action agencies.