Bills, food, and other help in Connecticut

State and local government assistance programs.
BLoyd
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Bills, food, and other help in Connecticut

Post by BLoyd »

To Whom it May Concern:
I work for an agency. I am a certified nursing assistant. I have been with the agency for 7 years now. When I work I get paid. No sick or vacation time is offered. Right now my agency is only getting short hour cases that last 3-4 hours and occasionally 12 due to families on vacation. I have been paying on my rent as much as I can. My landlord has been so patience with me. I was in the hospital in July and had surgery. When I returned to work my bills became behind. I receive food stamps and energy assistance from the state of Connecticut. I am 60 years of age. I appreciate any help information that you can offer me. Thank you in advance for your time and consideration on this matter.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Bills, food, and other help in Connecticut

Post by Admin »

Connecticut has numerous assistance programs for heating bills, food, and more. Maybe also look into their job training centers as they may have referrals for you on how to get more hours at work from other employers. Also, never hesitate to contact a food pantry in Connecticut, as they will have free groceries and more. But also look into CEAP in the state. Find more Connecticut assistance programs.
Lorde

Post by Lorde »

I am a single mother from Hamden CT. I have recently lost my career and no longer receive unemployment. I have been consistently interviewing and applying to jobs. Since I have not been able to receive further unemployment compensation benefits as of January 1st and am only receiving $480 a month for cash assistance from the state I have become very behind in all my bills.
I have gone through all my savings and am desperately reaching out for help and guidance especially with back rent and utility bills. Any help, information, etc. I would greatly appreciate! I know I will be able to get through this crisis in the next few months and am confident with my college education and tenured work experience that I will be able to find employment soon, but in the meantime I’m desperately in danger of being evicted and without utilities. I thank you in advance for any help you can provide me at this time.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you have a college degree, your chances of finding a job is very high. The job market is historically strong, even in New Haven County. There are more unfilled jobs than in the last 15 or so years. Basically anyone that wants to work can get a job. And those with a college degree are even in higher demand (of that is possible). As far as financial aid, there are resources to try. Connecticut has emergency utility programs, there are food pantries, and more. Learn more on New Haven County financial aid programs.
tara jones

Post by tara jones »

Hello,
I recently moved from the Naugatuck area to a sober/recovery house in Willimantic Connecticut. My house manager mentioned that I may be eligible for assistance with my car bills/taxes/registration. I'm currently receiving food stamps and am on Husky D.
Having just moved here, my goal is to find a job as soon as possible. So far, I've done a lot of walking because my vehicle isn't legal to drive at this point.
I understand that I may be eligible for assistance if I meet certain requirements. Can you please let me know what those requirements are? I may also be able to meet with someone in person, if necessary. I live on Main St. so I am within walking distance of a few places.
I look forward to hearing back from someone soon. Have a great day.
Thank you,
Barkley

Post by Barkley »

My children and I are about to be homeless. I've been separated for years I do not receive child support and after two years of employment I lost my job in November. I don't have any family or friends that I can ask for help. I do not receive child support either.
Occasionally my ex has been will pay a bill or buy some clothes. I receive SNAP and husky from the state. I filed Child support forms with the state of Connecticut. I start a new job this week however it is part time but that is better than nothing. I'm going through a very rough month or two and I need some assistance and I just can't seem to find any. It's very difficult because I'm filling out form after form after form and I'm getting nowhere.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

For the children, try one of the Hartford Christmas assistance programs for resources, such as toys. They may also give you and the family a box of holiday food, turkeys, and the like. So you can make a hot meal. There will be an application, but hopefully not too many forms to fill out.