Affordable housing needed for disabled

Find how to get help with rent
SmithWade
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Affordable housing needed for disabled

Post by SmithWade »

I am disabled and on a limited income. I moved into a friends house to rent a room as of February 15th. I am supposed to have use of the house and my own bath as well as my bedroom. Unfortunately, the bathroom pipes broke last year and I cannot fully use it, and I am kept out of the living areas of the house by consistent drug use by the teenage daughter. (it makes me physically ill). Anyway, beyond that, I pay the agreed amount, even paying it early so they can have heat in their home this year. But now the renter wants more, wants me to take on half the bills with 3 other people living here. She became extremely verbally abusive and told me to get the out of her house (because I had already pad the rent up for this month) and has told me and shown me in every way that I am not welcome here. We do have a contract that allows me to stay through the month and I gave me notice to leave by February 30th, 2014 as of January 30th. This is a very calm and basic outline but what I NEED is help with deposits and a low income or sliding fee rental, immediately. I would prefer to be near my son in SC but have been stuck here in NC due to low finances. He cannot help as he is in jail. I have no family to assist me. PLEASE let me know if you can help me! Thank you so much for anything you can do or suggest.
McCann1
anti spam: Blue

Re: Affordable housing needed for disabled

Post by McCann1 »

I am at the Residence Inn in Yakima Washington. I've been battling for SSI disability benefits for 7 years now. This past May I was given notice that my benefits to DSH had been cancelled due to a lack of communication between health care providers that I managed to find a few weeks ago. My health insurance benefits with the state only came 197 dollars cash allowance and medical/food benefits.

As grateful as I am for these benefits, the one thing still remains is that I'm homeless. All groups and programs that I've called or ran to help to couldn't do so. They say it was because what seemed to help due to lack of funding, maybe an inability to help or I simply just don't qualify.

Now I'm a person with diagnosed with disorders of four different kinds, I've got a minor heart problem, and I do believe the only reason that I currently have medical benefits is that I have had a hernia for the last 6 months. The doctor did the surgery fine and got the SHS in the state to pay as he said if I didn't get it could be detrimental.

Sadly to say I do feel better after the surgery is finished. I had to heal from it. My benefits as it sits will cease once again, as this is the third time in 7 years that this is happened.

I do realize that my struggle for getting SSI benefits is almost final as informed of by attorney. I guess I'm asking is there any possible connection that I've not made? Any resource that I have not contacted that I could use to getting some assistance with my housing situation?
BeginAgain

Post by BeginAgain »

I currently live house to house. I have a part time job and I've been trying to get a second one. I'd like to get back into school but I don't have anywhere to live so I won't be able to focus due to my disability. I make around $400 a month. (If I'm lucky) and I've talked to my managers about getting more hours but basically all employees are getting the same amount right now. I need help paying rent. I have ideal places I'd like to live and I'm always up for more suggestions. The problem is that with $400 (and even though I get link) I still don't make enough to live and to survive. I need help.
TBaldwin

Post by TBaldwin »

I am an Army Reservist and OIF/OEF veteran. I am waiting on my VA claim for disability to be approved for injuries during military service but need assistance with rent as my family is facing eviction. Our rent is $1400 a month in Columbus, Georgia. Please contact me as soon as possible.