rent assistance

State and local government assistance programs.
PALETTA1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

rent assistance

Post by PALETTA1 »

I was going to school full time and was able to pay my bills every 4 months from my student refund check (what is left from my loans after the school get theirs), but I am at the end of the financial aid year 2010-2011 and can only attend part time. My rent was due on March 23rd, and I thought that I was getting my refund check this week, but I was just informed that because I am only part-time, my funds will not be released until after I start my classes in May. So I will not have any rent money until then, thus violating the promissory note that my landlord made me sign. There are no agencies that will help me because I do not have children living with me, so I am at a lost one what to do now. I live in Marion County, FL where they have nothing for me. If I do not pay my rent , then I will lose everything that I have worked so hard for, including access to the internet to attend my classes. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: rent assistance

Post by Admin »

A few things. Many landlords are willing to work with renters if you have funds coming in the future. The landlord doesn't want to go through the hassle of evicted someone and needing to rent the unit again. As far as agencies for Marion County Florida, we have that covered too. Use this links to find agencies that focus on all of Marion County Florida and the organizations listed can help with rent, utilities, housing, etc.
Now as far as places that specialize in rent help, use this for the local resources to call. These places almost strictly focus on rental and housing issues.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/ren ... count.html

PALETTA1 wrote:I was going to school full time and was able to pay my bills every 4 months from my student refund check (what is left from my loans after the school get theirs), but I am at the end of the financial aid year 2010-2011 and can only attend part time. My rent was due on March 23rd, and I thought that I was getting my refund check this week, but I was just informed that because I am only part-time, my funds will not be released until after I start my classes in May. So I will not have any rent money until then, thus violating the promissory note that my landlord made me sign. There are no agencies that will help me because I do not have children living with me, so I am at a lost one what to do now. I live in Marion County, FL where they have nothing for me. If I do not pay my rent , then I will lose everything that I have worked so hard for, including access to the internet to attend my classes. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
WilBoom

Post by WilBoom »

I am a mother who just recently lost a child. I am going through a rough time right now due to the death of my newborn child. I am not working right now and I need help with my rent and utilities. My electricity has been disconnected for almost a month now and I am behind a month on my rent. My husband is the only one working right now but he is only working part time.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We are sorry for your loss. It seems like you are in Carver County Minnesota, and if so, here are a few options. As far as utilities being disconnected, try crisis LIHEAP. You definitely want the power on before winter rolls around. There may be some charities that offer rent help in the region too, and locate financial help in Carver County.