Programs for single mothers

State and local government assistance programs.
LinaS
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Programs for single mothers

Post by LinaS »

I am a single mother of five children, I have become quite behind on some of my bills since my injuries and can no longer work. The most important one in my water bill, I owe $426.00 and I am about to be disconnected, I am also behind on my rent but landlord is understanding and is working with me. I really need help with my water bill it would greatly be appreciated! I'm trying to move into this wonderful apt i can pay the rent but the application fee is $45 and the deposit is 100 dollars. It has to be paid in two separate money orders or checks and the final price for them to hold it for you is $299.00. Can you or know of a program for mothers or maybe some type of grants that can help me. All i need is help to get this apt so my kids can have a place to call home. Can you help me please
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Programs for single mothers

Post by Admin »

I think what many people think is out there, the so called "free grants" and cash, just really do not exist. Most so called grants are targeted at qualified low to moderate income people, many with children, etc. Like water bills and the disconnection you refer too. There are really grants to pay it. You can call your water company, and ask about any financial assistance programs they offer, maybe a payment plan, or some type of water arreages arrangement. Also, trying to move and getting money for that. Call your local community action agency for that need and see what they say. But there are really grant programs for single mothers. However, read more on Grants here.

LinaS wrote:I am a single mother of five children, I have become quite behind on some of my bills since my injuries and can no longer work. The most important one in my water bill, I owe $426.00 and I am about to be disconnected, I am also behind on my rent but landlord is understanding and is working with me. I really need help with my water bill it would greatly be appreciated! I'm trying to move into this wonderful apt i can pay the rent but the application fee is $45 and the deposit is 100 dollars. It has to be paid in two separate money orders or checks and the final price for them to hold it for you is $299.00. Can you or know of a program for mothers or maybe some type of grants that can help me. All i need is help to get this apt so my kids can have a place to call home. Can you help me please
Ineedhelp1

Post by Ineedhelp1 »

My eight year old special needs son and 14 year old daughter and myself have been abandoned by their father, my husband. We are four, and going on five months behind on our rent. Our landlord is wanting us out. I don't have the money to move out and into a place. Our natural gas was disconnected back in April. We have no hot water,and we cannot use the stove. I do work as a school bus driver. The lack of financial support has really caused a hardship for my children and I. We really need help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Are you getting child support? Until that kicks in from the deadbeat father/husband, look into the various Fairfield County agencies that offer rent help, homeless prevention, and other financial support for kids and others.
Ineedhelp1 wrote:My eight year old special needs son and 14 year old daughter and myself have been abandoned by their father, my husband. We are four, and going on five months behind on our rent. Our landlord is wanting us out. I don't have the money to move out and into a place. Our natural gas was disconnected back in April. We have no hot water,and we cannot use the stove. I do work as a school bus driver. The lack of financial support has really caused a hardship for my children and I. We really need help.
Freese1

Post by Freese1 »

i had neck surgery.i cannot return to work although i am receiving a disability check it does not cover all my bills for me or my kids. I have house payment, utility payment , gas card payments, rehab payments and medical bill payments as well as health insurance payments. I owe my employer 1300.00 for this months insurance payment and desperately need help. For my disability income is 908.00 a month. My house alone is 848.00i feel bad about asking as i never have before. Thanks if you can help me or my kids.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is quite a list of needs. You want want to look into some public or government aid while you go through this process. If you decide to do that, then you can read more on all of our state, federal, and local government assistance programs and services. Many states have specific programs that focus on the disabled too, so you may get prioritized for help.
Bellicheck

Post by Bellicheck »

I am behind inn paying my rent and CPS bills in San Jose. I am currently unemployed because i was a cosmetology student. I finished school and i will be talking my state board test to receive my license to be able to work. My fiancé is currently in jail. He was the one that paid the bills while i won’t to school. So with him gone i have done what i can by selling anything of value that i owned but now I am at the ends of my rapidly fraying rope. The locks were changed and I am facing eviction next. I sign still looking for part time work because it will take about 3 to 4 weeks till I receive my license in the mail. I owe 1200.90$ in rent and 324.95$ in other delinquent charges. Please me, I don't know what to do.
RMM

Post by RMM »

I am dating a girl and I noticed that she is a single mother and was doing everything on her own. She has been trying to work and make money to come out of the debt that she is in and she has been going down further. Her son is blind and she gets SSI for him that’s $430. She also gets housing assistance paying rent @ $199 a month, but in December that all will change. Her rent is going go up to $540 a month because they say she makes $1300 a month. and that isn't true. she can barely get by. Hell half the time she doesn't even eat. She doesn't do drugs or smoke or anything. She wakes up every morning and bust her butt to work and yet she can't get ahead. Is there anything anyone can do, its not like she don't want to pay or can't but it's just too high right now for her. Please she needs a hand, there is no one there to help and she’s a sweet woman and a damn good mother. Thank You for your time and anything you can do or assist her in she and I would be grateful.
Libby

Post by Libby »

Hi I'm a single mom in Biloxi MS. I have two girls my oldest is 4, my youngest is 2. I'm two months pregnant. I'm having trouble paying my rent and electric this month. I'm already stressed and a little depressed because I been trying to come up with money for my rent and electric and get my girls something for Christmas. Can you please help me?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, you should be worrying about Christmas if you can't even pay the bills or rent. You need to get priorities in place. But there are some different places to try in Biloxi for help, and some churches or charities may have funds for those costs. Find more details on who to call for the Biloxi and Harrison County programs.
Melissaat

Post by Melissaat »

To whom it may concern,
I am a newly divorced single parent with a 6 year old daughter. I would like to see if there is any way I could get some assistance with our rent and possibly our electric bill. I am in between jobs due to knee surgery and found out my last check I will get is going to be less than half of what it usually is. I appreciate your time and for any temporary assistance my daughter and myself may get.
sincerely,
Dunkin

Post by Dunkin »

Good morning,
I am mortified to be writing this email trying to request information on programs for single mothers. I need to see if there is any way to receive any sort of temporary financial help. I am 36 year old single mother who has been working since high school. My job of 17 years folded with Covid and then I recently had some health issues that left for a big set back. I have been working all along but I’m working 4 part-time jobs 7 days a weeks and it’s not covering the expenses for a single mother. I start a new job Monday I am hoping will change things drastically, however I’m stuck in such debt I don’t know how to move forward. My biggest issue is that I reside in my aunts home and was paying her 1700 a month since 2013 and now I give her every paycheck that doesn’t even come close to it, I am a month behind on that. Any housing or aid programs for single mothers to help wit that?
Also, my car is going to lose insurance without a 700$ payment. I have applied for all state assistance, denied for most, the state did come in and help
Me with my PSEG but not water. I am not looking for anyone to come in and completely save me but I’m basically reaching out to anywhere I can for some ideas to get me on my feet so I can start over again with my new employment.
Any information you have to get me any slight assistance will be fantastic. Thank you so much.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are a number of programs for single mothers, from non-profits as well as the government. Especially when someone, like you, has a job and has been working for like 20 years! There is cash aid, grants, government benefits for a mom who is single with kids and more. Locate government programs that help single mothers that have no money.

Dunkin wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:56 am Good morning,
I am mortified to be writing this email trying to request information on programs for single mothers. I need to see if there is any way to receive any sort of temporary financial help. I am 36 year old single mother who has been working since high school.