Financial help needed in Mississippi

State and local government assistance programs.
EvanLa
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Financial help needed in Mississippi

Post by EvanLa »

My 13 year old son and I are victims of domestic violence. I did everything right. I was granted a restraining order and we moved for our safety to Mississippi. Even though I left my home of 10+ years and my well established business of 10 years....I was saving our lives.
I own a company. I have helped families on the worst day of their life for 10 years. Now I need help. Since I had to move, my business has suffered financially. I am on food stamps. Now my husband is suing me for divorce and wants joint custody of our son. For months I called and emailed attorneys begging to take my case pro bono and even went to Legal Aide in Mississippi. No one would help me.
I found out about a site online was able to raise my attorney retainer fee of $2,400.00. My son wants nothing to do with his father and begged me to do what I could to not let him visit his father. Now a month has passed and my retainer fee is spent. My attorney tells me that this judge will not allow my son to speak for himself in this matter. My son wants to be heard, his voice is important. My attorney tells me the only way this judge will listen to my son is through a child advocate for $3,000.00. This is impossible for me to get. I am hoping that there is a foundation out there that would be willing to donate to help my son. My son is 13 years old and he deserves a right to say what he wants. Can you please help us?
Brewer
anti spam: Blue

Re: Financial help needed in Mississippi

Post by Brewer »

We need help to get caught back up on rent and every month we get farther and farther behind. We have 4 children ages from 1 year to 10 years. Our electric will more likely be cut off again next month and more likely I’m not going to be able to pay it again for the fact that we are so behind on rent. My husband is employed, more like under employed. He is a manager at a McDonalds in Mississippi but no pay raise or anything. I am a stay at home mother cause we cant afford a babysitter.
Our rent is $700 a month at the beginning of this month we were $1600 behind on rent. My husband paid $900 of it and every month we have a $100 late charge added to what we already owe. We really need assistance with basically rent and electric, at least electric for the moment. We need help and we are not sure on how to go about getting it. We have never been in this situation. Ever since my youngest sons father died last year we have been in a bind and cant seem to get out of it. we dint know what to do anymore. Please help us.
Preta1

Post by Preta1 »

Due to the inclement weather and being stuck and missing work, I am behind. It is also due to my fight over my deposit for a house that I never moved anything into. Even my full time hours are not making the bills. Now that I had to resign at the place I thought I would be moving from, I am behind even more. I need help for the money it cost me to attain a truck to move and the expense of it. I just need $200 to finish the bills this month and the rest is in gods hands. I am sick and trying to be the best mother I can, but the word has begun to crash around me. How can I work so hard and try to do right and godly... only to feel like a failure. Please help.
pressure1

Post by pressure1 »

I live in Jackson, MS. I’m a single mom of three. One boy and two girls ages from 10 to 25 in need of assistance fixing old house. My landlord informed me that she needs to move back into her home that we are currently renting by June. She let us stay till the end of school year which I still have to pay rent. My grandparents have an old house that's vacant that I have assess to but it needs some work.
The roof needs repairing, the ceilings inside need replacing-one has falling completely in and the other have cracks and holes from water damage, countertop in kitchen is buckled, it has a busted pipes, and the bathroom need some repairs. I don't have enough money to make the repairs, find a car, get a storage for our things, and pay rent here too. Plus pay someone to do the repairs.
I don't have anyone I can go stay with or ask for help. I have two months left and I am in desperate need of help. I’ve been looking online trying to find out how to get materials and repairs donated but I’m not quite sure what to do or who to contact. I would really appreciate if you could point me in the right direction. I just don't know what to else to do or where to turn. I just need help getting house suitable so kids and I can have a place to stay come May. Please help us in anyway you can.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is a lot to ask for in Mississippi or really anywhere. By the way, being 25 years old is not a boy or girl. That is an adult that should be working and have a source of income.
You can try some agencies for job placement, and maybe they have ideas on shelter while you stabilize your living situation. Once you have some money saved up, maybe an agency in Jackson will contribute some money for some of your housing or other bills. Try these places for help. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ogram.html
Collingsworth

Post by Collingsworth »

I am currently renting a 3 bedroom, 1 bath duplex in Mississippi. The lease is in my name and the utility/electric is in my landlords name but I am responsible for paying the full amount each month. I have been letting my friend and her 3 kids stay with me since October 2013. They moved back to MS from Colorado and needed a place to stay until she could get a job and get more financially stable. At the time I made decent money but then I got laid off.
I found another job but took a huge pay cut. I also commute over an hour to work. Now she has a decent job but our bills have fallen extremely behind numerous times. Her children are having a lot of problems in school with grades and bullying. Our house is very small and we have found another place that is the same amount with water included. It's also bigger and a better school district.
We are needing assistance with either our past due bills or help with security deposits and first month’s rent on the new apt we are considering. My friend has recently lost her food stamps and her children Medicaid because of her new employment so we are having a hard time catching up and staying ahead. Our electric and water bills have doubled since the summer started. Our monthly rent is $650 and we have about $700 in past due utility/water bills. Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are charities and government programs that can help with your housing needs. There are several in Jefferson County, and you can find them here. Dozens of resources may be available to you. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... and_c.html
Collingsworth wrote:I am currently renting a 3 bedroom, 1 bath duplex in Mississippi.
Damon

Post by Damon »

I live in Sumrall MS (Lamar county) and I would like more information on how I can get financial help with my rent, gas, power and water bills. I have paid half of all them (except rent cause they won't take partial payments). We are a household of 7, 1 which is in remission from breast and colon cancer for a short time now, 2 that are children, and 3 of us were unable to work due to testing positive for covid-19. Since playing catch-up from that we now are back to having a hard time and falling behind because 2 of the 3 working men have been laid off and the 1 that is still working also has bills he's now paying own his own as well as he's doing his best to pay the bills here too. We had to put off January rent and they were very helpful and understanding but I'm not sure if they will be as accommodating if we have to as for another month extension.
We have been here at this home for 3 years and can't not possibly move again because there's not way we can come up with deposits and everything else it costs to move. Besides I'm not sure if my aunt is healthy enough to make it through another move. We also didn't qualify for any stimulus checks for some reason so I'm not sure what we are going to do except but to ask for financial help. Thank you
Telisha