Disabled Navy Veteran needing mortgage help

Find mortgage help and stop foreclosure.
psthirty7
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Disabled Navy Veteran needing mortgage help

Post by psthirty7 »

I am a 50% disabled Navy Veteran. My foot was crushed in the military and I finally just had my 4th foot surgery. However during this recuperation which was supposed to be a short period, has lasted longer. I have been unable to work during this time and am now in pre-foreclosure status with my mortgage. I owe $2,125.52. I have been in my house almost 21 years and do not want to lose it. I just need some help so that I don't lose my home. Is there any one or any agency you could advise me to contact? There is help for Vietnam, WW2, and Iraq Veterans, but nothing for those of us who served in Desert Storm, it's like we didn't serve our country too. I have to have the mortgage in one week,
Thank you for your time
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Disabled Navy Veteran needing mortgage help

Post by Admin »

What state? Without having more details are reply will be more general.
Some programs to look into are SSVF, or Supportive Services for Veterans. This is a homeless prevention service that uses federal resources, and it may be able to help with mortgages. We also strongly recommend non-profit HUD counseling for any mortgage challenges, as they will take a comprehensive approach. However start this process immediately as you did not allow much time to get help. So there are a couple options for you, and HUD counselors can be found here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _help.html
sasolis

Post by sasolis »

Have you asked your local VA about temporary disability?
bobJohnson

Post by bobJohnson »

My home is going to be foreclosed on in 2 weeks, my car was repossessed today. I served 8 years in the army and four years For the department of defense and they wouldn't renew my contract so me and my daughter about to be homeless. I am a disabled vet and just need some help to get through this time before we lose everything. Thanks and have a blessed day.