Texas programs for utility bills

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Copper
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Texas programs for utility bills

Post by Copper »

Our air-conditioning is out and we will have no heat this fall. Unit went out and is repairable. Can't get any financial help. Went bankruptcy last year so cant get help. Unit is 20 years old. We need help. No one has financing. Tried many companies. Live in Fort Worth TX, Tarrant County. No one has contact info. May have to find an apartment and foreclose on home to get through. Do you have any routes I can take. Don’t have any funding.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Texas programs for utility bills

Post by Admin »

Yes, we do have information on many utility programs in Texas. Now repairs to units is not common. Maybe explore CEAP in that state. Or another option is weatherization. But really almost every single energy, gas, and utility company in Texas offers some type of emergency program. You need to call around. Ask a community action agency in Texas for referrals, talk to your utility company, and be aggressive in calling. Click more details.
Malawai

Post by Malawai »

Hello, We and our a family of 4 and my husband, has gone through 5 eye surgeries since January of this year and I've had 2 back surgery’s as well and right now we have a discount ion order for the 28 of April.

I've called every where here in Houston Texas trying to find some type of help with my outstanding light bill if you might now any where or might have some kind of assistants. Please reply me back. Any time of information because right now I am very worried because I have two children that has hearts problems and scared that my bills are going to get cut off again.
Thank you hope to hear back from you.
Yolanda1

Post by Yolanda1 »

I am a 50 year old former barber- hairstylist. I am unable to work in this profession because of an accident that caused injury to one of my hands and wrist. I am presently doing odd jobs when I can find them. I was approved for a Lone Star card so I now am able to buy food. I have no help from family. I sold my truck so I can have a place to live and pay my utilities.
It gets harder and harder to pay my water and electric bills. I have Ambit Electric and the lady there said that I might qualify for assistance. She suggested I check with Lite Up Texas but I have tried to get in touch with them and the number for them does not respond. It says try back later. I need information on who I can contact to seek help. Thank you very much.
Cuomo

Post by Cuomo »

Greetings:
Can you please tell me who offer services with the LIHEAP Program here in Houston Texas? What agencies directly will assist with helping with my utilities. I am a Senior on fixed income and has some medical issues.
Are there several programs named under the LIHEAP Program? Certain agencies that is under this program, or what?
Please explain and inform me who and where I need to go to get assistance. My time is running out and the electric company will make me pay another deposit if I don't get my bill caught up.
Brady12

Post by Brady12 »

HI, I live in Texas with my 3 amazing children and my boyfriend. We have been without electricity for a few months, because our electric bill was 500 dollars and we were two weeks late because we couldn't afford it. We try to maintain running a generator to have lights, water, and air. We were both unemployed, but God blessed me with a job. He is still looking.
I've asked churches for help, family, and friends. No one can help me. I need to get my lights turned on. I can't afford to move and my kids don't deserve this. Please contact me. Thank you. Sent from my Verizon Smartphone.
Eugeee Scott

Post by Eugeee Scott »

Hi, I have a daughter that has had a heart problem from the age 16 to now. She has had a lot if Heart surgeries. She has been working but lost her job but now she has another one. She got behind on the utility. She need help with paying for the increase in her bills till she get on her feet.
She is having to live with her sister as she doesn't make enough for a place to live. She is living in Spring-town Texas but works in Dallas Texas. Please help her. It want be for long. Also her car payment is behind and she just told me they called today and told her she had to make a payment or they will come get the car. We really need help.
Tran

Post by Tran »

Hello hope you’re having a great day. I was just needing to find out about getting some help with my utilities and gas bill. I have 2 children a 3 year old and a 3 month old which are both sick at the moment. I had complications with my pregnancy and I have just now been released to go back to work so I am in desperate need of help paying theses bills because they are threatening to turn them off. I live in weatherboard Texas.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We have an entire site/page, etc. focused on Texas. Whether gas or utility bills there are options available. And yes, we are having a nice day! Find the programs here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... grams.html
Tran wrote:Hello hope you’re having a great day. I was just needing to find out about getting some help with my utilities and gas bill.
chass

Post by chass »

My name is Curtis Ridge St.
I live in Dallas, TX and I'm looking for some help for my utility. I'm not able to pay all my Bills. What is it that I need to do to get assistance? Can you also tell me about the EOAC program. I believe they also help with utility. I'm not for sure. Could you please help me. I have an electric bill that I got to paid with TXU but I don't have the money to pay. Please help and let me what I need to do.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are some options, one being the Dallas Salvation Army. They may have, from time to time, emergency funds to help pay utility bills, especially if a health or safety issue is i effect.
chass wrote:My name is Curtis Ridge St.
I live in Dallas, TX and I'm looking for some help for my utility. I'm not able to pay all my Bills.
Hotone

Post by Hotone »

Hello, I have been trying to get information about needing assistance with utility bills from a program. Whoever I end up calling, I keep getting referred to another agency. I live in Texas and my email address.
I am currently living on social security disability along with my 3 year old daughter and my wife. I've tried the 211 for here in Texas and keep getting the same referrals, who then refer me to other possible help. I keep going in circles and really need some assistance with this and what is available. It seems that there is only help for veterans, which I am not, but that doesn't seem quite right. Respectfully,
Kramer

Post by Kramer »

Again any assistance for utility bill will be most appreciated. Thank you for you time and consideration.
I live in Lumberton, Texas which is in Hardin County. I have 2 little boys and my electricity has been turned off as of Thursday June 8, 2023. I desperately need help in getting it reconnected and after reading through your page I am still unsure who to contact. LIHEAP is no longer taking applications for utility bill help in Texas. I have already applied with Texas Utility Help back in May and I am still waiting for my application to be processed. If you could please provide me with the information I need I would be very grateful. Thank you.