We make to much to get help from government, so now what?

State and local government assistance programs.
Macra
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

We make to much to get help from government, so now what?

Post by Macra »

A few weeks ago we bounced a bunch of checks because of an error in the balance book and our rent was one of them. We have been struggling to get this corrected since then but because of other bills that also bounced like electric we weren't able to cover the entire rent for last month either and we have had to use food banks to feed our son. On Monday the motor on our only car stopped working and since then I've had to call off every day and stay home with my son. I don't have sick / vac time so this is really going to hurt us and my husband has been walking 4 miles to and from Keyser Oak plaza to get a ride to his work place up in Gouldsboro. We were approved for a car loan but we need $500 to put down on it. We make too much to get help from welfare but we desperately need help. If I don't get back to work on Monday I fear I'm going to lose my job and then we will not have any money for rent, utilities and food which we are running really low on. We desperately need any help that you can provide us with. Thank you for your time,
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: We make to much to get help from government, so now what

Post by Admin »

Well, car repairs are harder to get, but there are some possibilities. Places like your local community action agency, or Compassionate Ministries. Usually the repairs occur for people who need a car or transportation for work, which sounds like you may fit that category. Yes, you do need a car to pay for rent and other bills. Get information on how car repair programs work for the low income and people who need transportation. Also places like 1800 charity cars may be an option for you.
Macra wrote:A few weeks ago we bounced a bunch of checks because of an error in the balance book and our rent was one of them. We have been struggling to get this corrected since then but because of other bills that also bounced like electric we weren't able to cover the entire rent for last month either and we have had to use food banks to feed our son. On Monday the motor on our only car stopped working and since then I've had to call off every day and stay home with my son. I don't have sick / vac time so this is really going to hurt us and my husband has been walking 4 miles to and from Keyser Oak plaza to get a ride to his work place up in Gouldsboro. We were approved for a car loan but we need $500 to put down on it. We make too much to get help from welfare but we desperately need help. If I don't get back to work on Monday I fear I'm going to lose my job and then we will not have any money for rent, utilities and food which we are running really low on. We desperately need any help that you can provide us with. Thank you for your time,
Cassandra

Post by Cassandra »

Hello, I am a very blessed mommy of 3 angels ages 10 years to 14 years. old. We live in a home we rent here in McKinney. My husband and I are self employed and are struggling so bad and we are desperately praying for a miracle. My husband owns a fencing company and got very sick and was in the hospital all of April. With him not working all that month and with this time of the year being the slowest with business we are in a place I prayed we would never have to be in. I'm trying so hard to stay Strong for our angels and not lose hope. But we just received court letter stating we will be evicted by the 17th of this month if we don't pay the past due rent.

We have no other options for a house and need so desperately to save ours and not lose everything we have worked so hard on for our family and children to have a safe home. We are praying you can assist our family with options or places to contact. I've emailed and called so many from 211 and local referrals and received no responses. The local county government says no to us as well.

Please help our family ......I can't and refuse to have my angels go through anything like this and putting them through another move. And to top it off I'm wondering how in the world my children will have a Christmas this year. We have raised them to give more than receive so presents aren't everything to them but I would love if we could find a place and try to get each child one small item. I know the most important thing in the world to our family is....We are all healthy and so blessed with a healthy, happy, & safe wonderful lives!!!!!!

My strength through this is getting less and less each day and I am desperate for any help. Please call me if you have a minute. I've called so many numbers and am not finding any help and I'm truly GRATEFUL AND THANKFUL FOR YOU. Thanks and god bless you!!!!!!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sorry, so why is the local government denying you assistance? You didn't really qualify that or say. Did you meet their qualifications for assistance or did they give you referrals? There must be a reason that you were denied. Anyway, you can always try again, as we have tons of programs and services available. Find all of the resources available to you and the local government assistance programs.