Government programs for air conditioners

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Moment4
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Government programs for air conditioners

Post by Moment4 »

Hello, I live in Harris county (Spring Texas). We are low income (students). Our home has no air conditioner. We had AC before the house fire, and it burned up. We got most of the house fixed up .. all but the air conditioner/ heating system. We are afraid because we have limited funds for a new system. Most of the money we had was stolen by contractors. We have a newer air handler but it too small. A government funded company came by saying they could put in free insulation for all electric homes ed us because the air handler was not installed. We need help. Any air conditioner programs would be a blessing.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Government programs for air conditioners

Post by Admin »

Air conditioner programs are very rare, even in Texas. Also, a focus is usually on the elderly or seniors in the region, and this is only when they are available, which is not common. Maybe try CEAP in Texas, which is a low income energy program. Learn more.
Suzzyo

Post by Suzzyo »

I am a disabled senior with a fixed income and I had to call the fire department on July 6th because my air conditioning unit blew up....The owner of the trailer park is out of the country and my manager here cannot get the "so-called" maintenance guys to come and fix my A/C unit. They say they will be here & don't show up or even reply to her messages. I am SWELTERING here since the temperature has been in the 100's lately and now it's humid after it rained....Can you PLEASE direct me to ANYONE that could get me a free fan because I have no money & can't take much more of this ????
ANY help will be appreciated. I have been calling organizations & haven't received anything positive at all. Thank you very much.
Glass One

Post by Glass One »

To whom it may concern:
Hi, I am a house wife with only my husband working 35-40 hours a week and 4 children between the ages of 4-10. We are from Los Fresno’s, TX. We have had our home for 10 years already and need government help on replacing our AC system or at least getting it fixed. With this summer being extremely hot it has become real uncomfortable dealing with a hot home.
We have survived but we are not used to it. Please respond back as to where I can get government assistance on my home air conditioning unit. Thank You! Any info is greatly appreciated.