Low Income Energy Assistance Program

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Bobbyt
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Low Income Energy Assistance Program

Post by Bobbyt »

Good Afternoon,
I am sending this e-mail in reference to some information I found on LHEAP Assistance Low Income Energy Program website. I am currently 3 months pregnant and unemployed and I just do not have the money to get my gas turned on for the winter and I also do not have the money to get my home weatherized before it gets very cold. So if some one could please help me I will greatly appreciate it. I am looking forward to hearing from some one soon.
Thanks,
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Low Income Energy Assistance Program

Post by Admin »

We do not understand what you are looking for, or trying to share with us. But here is information on LIHEAP crisis program. This provides information on imminent disconnections, and how the emergency component works for people and families in a crisis.
Bobbyt wrote:Good Afternoon,
I am sending this e-mail in reference to some information I found on LHEAP Assistance Low Income Energy Program website. I am currently 3 months pregnant and unemployed and I just do not have the money to get my gas turned on for the winter and I also do not have the money to get my home weatherized before it gets very cold. So if some one could please help me I will greatly appreciate it. I am looking forward to hearing from some one soon.
Thanks,
Saban

Post by Saban »

Hi there,
I was trying to find out information on some programs for low income families? I need help with my electric bill. Every month we are threatened to have our bills shut off. Some are shut off and we have to scramble to find a way to get them back on. I'm interested in the LHEAP? I need a bill paid on the the 8th of Nov. I don't have enough to cover it and while my husband is training in the Army right now, he won't get paid until 2 weeks after he gets back on the 2nd. I would also be interested in any other programs available to us. Thank you for your time,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, LIHEAP is for low income families, and millions of people get grants from it during the winter to help pay heating and fuel bills. There is a crisis component, as well as more regular cash payments. You can read an extensive amount of information here. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/lhe ... tance.html We suggest calling your local community action agency to apply, as these groups are more than often the non-profit organizations that run the programs for the low income and working poor.
Saban wrote:Hi there,
I was trying to find out information on some programs for low income families? I need help with my electric bill. Every month we are threatened to have our bills shut off. Some are shut off and we have to scramble to find a way to get them back on. I'm interested in the LHEAP? I need a bill paid on the the 8th of Nov. I don't have enough to cover it and while my husband is training in the Army right now, he won't get paid until 2 weeks after he gets back on the 2nd. I would also be interested in any other programs available to us. Thank you for your time,
SteveLehman

Post by SteveLehman »

I need assistance paying my Westar Energy bill. I am engaged to a woman and we have 3 children, one being autistic living in the house. I have already utilized the Westar Energy payment plan and LIHEAP 3 months ago to break one bill into 12 monthly payments. Neither of us is employed at this time and we struggling My Westar Energy Bill is due no later than October 20th 2012 My bill is $286.60.
Plaskey

Post by Plaskey »

My family and I are in need of Energy Assistance. We are living in a single-family home that has been foreclosed on and we are in the process of looking for another place to stay. We are currently on Carroll EMC prepaid electricity, and we are having a hard time trying to keep the bill going. We had a regular bill, but due to some issues with the electrical surge within the home, the owner of the property did not try to have anything fixed. My boyfriend and I have been trying to maintain the up keep of the home, and with three children in the home (19 year old, 15 year old, and (5 year old-special needs), it has been very hard. Right now, my electricity could be disconnected at anytime, due to the lack of funds to keep it in service. If there is any way possible, could you please point me in the right direction to get assistance? I would gratefully appreciate it.
Medtronoc

Post by Medtronoc »

I live in Bay Point, CA was looking to get help with my PG&E bill from LIHEAP. I'm not sure if I'm contacting the right place. If I am can you please contact me via phone or email and let me know if there's anything you can help with to pay my bill I'm afraid I'm running out of time and simply cannot keep up with this bill on my income. Thank you for your time, you can call me, email me. Again thank you for your time and if I'm in the wrong place I deeply apologize.
sasolis

Post by sasolis »

Call your utility company and ask them where you apply for help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We can definitely point you in the right direction for an energy program. But if your home was foreclosed, what good is getting help there? Wouldn't you rather want assistance if/when you move to a new place. As the companies will rarely provide assistance multiple times, so you need to be cautious in how often you apply for help with your utility bills. Also, if you have a 19 year old, is he working? Tat income could also help you. In addition, locate the programs to help with energy bills for struggling customers. There is everything from payment plans for EMC as well as cash grants and more.
The timing

Post by The timing »

Hi, I'm a single mother of two little girls. I'm in sever need of Low Income Energy Assistance Program. I live in Rockmart GA, Polk county. I have been calling my local agencies for assistance for two weeks and everyone are out of funds until the first of December. My local agencies are Rockmart  United funds, Tallapoosa HRDC, DHR (DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES) and my power company (GA POWER) they referred me to salvation army.
 I called one local office but I got the voice mail that informed me that funds are out until December as well. My power will be disconnected on the 8th of September. I'm sorry for such a  short notice but as I mentioned in the beginning I have been calling agencies for two weeks. I have ran out of options. My total utility amount is $545.44 but my disconnection prevention amount due by the 8th of September is $292.34. So my concerned question is what do I do now? I'm also be in search of rent assistance but not sure where to being to assist the issue  some of the agencies I tried to contact mention it in the ads or voice mail but I'm back to square one. Funds are not available at this time for Low Income Energy Assistance Program. Please contact me ASAP and thanks in advance!!!
Contact info:
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The Low Income Energy Assistance Program is known as EAP in Georgia. It is generally open for applications several months per year, so apply when you can. Learn more on Georgia EAP.

The timing wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:22 am Hi, I'm a single mother of two little girls. I'm in sever need of Low Income Energy Assistance Program. I live in Rockmart GA, Polk county.