Minnesota programs for low income

State and local government assistance programs.
Anderson
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Minnesota programs for low income

Post by Anderson »

Hi, Me and my husband and kids have been living in our apartment for about 2 months. When we first moved in here in Minnesota my husband lost his job and the only income we receive is my income, which is low. I work at jack in the box last month to pay my rent. I had to get a car loan because I did not have enough of money. My paycheck are no more than 430 on average and my rent is 599 so I don’t have enough for bills or to complete the rent. I pay what I can I really need help PLEASE.
Mccant

Re: Minnesota programs for low income

Post by Mccant »

To whom it may concern,
I received an eviction notice from my landlord. My family and I currently owe $1704.86 in rent I lost my job and we are having a hard time coming up with our rent while I look for work. I have a 16 month old daughter and I’m not sure where my family and I are going to go or what I am going to do. I was wondering if you knew of resources that I could try. I live in Washington county Minnesota. Please any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time.
Coper

Post by Coper »

Hi, I am writing to you because I need your help. I been trying to move to Rochester for the last two years. I got to move to Rochester Minnesota the last two months. The last few months in International falls I was working with a group that said social services would give more support then I had then. I receive less support now after the paper work final cleared and I am receive less now.

Is there any way I can get any help. I was told by someone at arc that I could get help here. She said that it is possible that I could get more than what I get know in SSI benefits. So know we pay more for rent and more for bills and the help we do get is barely enough. I have had many people think that it is a matter of budgeting and when you don’t have enough money there is nothing to budget. We pay rent and then the other bills for the house and then we are broke. Please help desperate for some kind of answer and I need your help. Thanks.
Allison

Post by Allison »

Hello,
I live in Minneapolis MN. I’m a hard working single mother, who needs help with paying my Excel energy bill.
If we don't pay the bill at the end of the month, they'll cut off our lights. On top of that, we live in an apartment. They'll kick us out, if our light get cut off, and we have to pay the full amount owed.
My son and I has been homeless for 3 years, during this time I went to school for nursing, and finished school. While living in a homeless shelters, we was blessed with a home. I worked so hard to get yourself off of welfare, and as of July 2016, we no longer have welfare.
Please help my son and I with the Excel energy.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Allison wrote:Hello, I live in Minneapolis MN. I’m a hard working single mother, who needs help with paying my Excel energy bill.
If you were homeless for 3 years and now have a nursing degree, that is good for you! Many people in Minnesota or anywhere would ever do something like that. You should be so proud, and you son should be as well! So when applying for help for that Excel bill, be sure to tell that to a charity or even the utility company. they should look very favorably on that, as you are showing a tremendous desire to fix your situation. Until that occurs, locate other financial aid programs in Minnesota for your needs.
Redwine

Post by Redwine »

Hello, I live in St. Cloud, MN. Last year I lived on campus in a 5 bedroom house with 5 other individuals. Yesterday my current roommate and I had our electricity shut off, and were told that we had an outstanding bill of $2,800 that were most certainly not aware of. 2 Of our roommates bailed on us 3 or 4 months after they moved in and we were forced to pick up the slack on all of their bills/rent. I was told that their are some services that may be able to help me and my roommate out, I'm not sure if I am eligible in any way but if you know anything please email me back.
Thank you very much,
Shep Redder

Post by Shep Redder »

My family and I just recently moved from house to apartment in Minnesota. I had a past Excel bill that I completely forgot about that was 7 years ago. The bill is under my name now and it is close to 600 dollars. This came to a complete shock to me and my family. I just would like help in anyway paying for it. I have small children living here in Minnesota with my fiancé got laid off work and it's very hard for me to pay that bill on top of rent and other things. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Here are some of the payment plans and assistance programs offered by Excel in Minnesota. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... istan.html
Now whether they will help pay for a bill that is 7 years old is an entirely different matter. But you can call them and see what they say. Maybe they have a program for you.

Shep Redder wrote:My family and I just recently moved from house to apartment in Minnesota. I had a past Excel bill that I completely forgot about that was 7 years ago.
AsianGirl

Post by AsianGirl »

I'm from Duluth MN. I’m looking for any kind of help we can get to help us get our bills close to being caught up. I’m stressing out big time trying to figure out how to cover all these before everything gets turned off &/or evicted out of our home. As far as county help, that's pretty much useless in lending a hand here. My bills in need of assistance are: Rent, Has bill, Power bill, phone bill, and also getting our water turned back on. Salvation Army said they would only be able to help out with like $500 towards my rent, when I'm fact my rent is like 4months behind. My landlord is barely hanging in there for us with our past due rent. Please help us find some way to squash some or all our past due Bill issues.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR RESPONSE!!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Maybe try the Salvation Army in Duluth MN. They offer case management, financial help, food, and much more. Maybe they can help you get caught up. Read more. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... tance.html
AsianGirl wrote:I'm from Duluth MN. I’m looking for any kind of help we can get to help us get our bills close to being caught up.