building for low income getting shut down help

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Kymf
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

building for low income getting shut down help

Post by Kymf »

MY name is Kym and I'm looking for assistance not really for myself but for 30 some odd people who live in A low income building that has been in my family for around 25 years. We help peeople who are trying to get a new start in life. The building runs in the red and I have been researching turning it into a non profit organization so we can do eveen more to help these people get on their feet. As some of you may know this process is full of red tape and takes some time. I took over the building after my father passed away who unfortunately had a mound full of debt mostly to the state and federal IRS. There are a many good people in this building. Single mothers with children amongst other very needy people. I have tried to help as much as possible but now I am at the end. We owe the gas company around 10,000.00 dollars and that have cut off our gas supply which leaves my tennants with no heat and hot water. The city has threatened to close down the building on Feb. 11th if this issue is not resolved. I have no means to come up with this kind of money which will leave many people homeless or staying in already over crowded shelters. I am not asking for any donations to be made in my name they can all be directed to Laclede gas co. If anyone can help no matter how big or small I know many people who would greatly appreciate any help. Furthermore if anyone has any information on any other ways I can go about getting assistance please e-mail me at kbarbi@sbcglobal.net

Thank you,
Kym
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: building for low income getting shut down help

Post by Admin »

Hi. This is a difficult one. Here is a link for energy saving programs. Select your state for info on charities and assistance programs.
http://liheap.ncat.org/sp.htm