Resources from community action in New Jersey

State and local government assistance programs.
McCann1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Resources from community action in New Jersey

Post by McCann1 »

I live in Trenton, NJ, Mercer County. I am receiving Social Security Disability (SSDI). I have a mortgage, property taxes, homeowners insurance, water bill, medical bills and car insurance. I am requesting help to find a part-time job working at home online. Jobs that I am seeking are: online juror; data entry; medical transcriber; typing in any capacity; proficient in excel and word. I need to work from home due to extreme knee and back problems; unable to walk or stand for long periods.

I would also be interested in having my car repaired, I have a doctor appointment at least four times a month. I have a 2003 GMC in need of a muffler replacement which would cost approximately $300-$350.

Any help or referrals would be greatly appreciated.

I Started receiving SSDI in 2012. Last part-time job while on disability with (NCOA) allowed me to work from home doing forms with excel and Word. The job ended 8/2/2013 because a company called Pathstone community action received the new contract from NCOA July 2013. This company requested me to come into the office everyday for 3-4 hours a day which caused my low back and knee pain to worsen.

Any type of home employment making at least $200/week would be helpful.
Los Dell

Re: Resources from community action in New Jersey

Post by Los Dell »

Is there any help for a woman wanting to leave her alcoholic husband but can't afford to move in New Jersey??? I have a job and could manage to just get by on my own (barely) but I cannot afford the initial move including security deposits for rent and utilities. Is there any help out there from the community action agency?
Sushi

Post by Sushi »

I'm a single parent raising two wonderful daughters in New Jersey. We have been living on about $200 per month until recently. We started to receive a full payment from child support so we have gotten out own place. We have been here now for one month and now we aren't getting any more money and rent is due in one day. Can community action agencies help us? We can't be homeless again. We get $111.00 a month from family's first and snap benefits for good but nothing else. We need help fast. Please.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There is no way any agency will help you on one day notice. But you can try nonetheless. We can help you find New Jersey community action agencies as well as the programs they offer. Note they are county specific, so you need to contact a local one. Also maybe they can help you find some other government benefits in addition to the $111 per month...but those applications take time.