Facing homelessness

Find how to get help with rent
ParkerP
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Facing homelessness

Post by ParkerP »

I am trying to find help for my son who does not have a computer, he rents and apt in Sherman Texas, when he lost his job the manager told him to not worry about the
water bill, to just pay 25 dollars when he got his un-employment check, the water bill is now 200.00 dollars, a company out of canada has taken over the apts so now the agreement he had with the manager is no longer valid he was served with papers saying he has to pay the 200.00 dollars by the first of the month or go to court he makes 402.00 a month in un-employment his rent is 440.00 a month...he has been looking for a job everywhere in Sherman, and now faces being homeless, he has a daughter that he sees on weekends which will stop if he is homeless is there anywhere in Sherman Texas he can get any kind of help...I would do this for my son if I had the money I do not...so if there is anywhere that he could get help could you please direct me to any organization that might be able to help ..Thank you for your help in advance....
D14

Re: Facing homelessness

Post by D14 »

My husband and I, along with our two boys, one age seven, the other nine months, only receive $561 in Cash Aid (going down to $516 in July) and our rent is $900 per month, not counting other bills, we are both looking for work but need help to keep from becoming homeless. Our manager is giving us a 3-day Notice but everywhere we've contacted seems to be without funding to aid us. Is there ANY way to keep us from losing our place as we can't even afford to move OUT of? Please help.
nursedeborah

Post by nursedeborah »

D14 wrote:My husband and I, along with our two boys, one age seven, the other nine months, only receive $561 in Cash Aid (going down to $516 in July) and our rent is $900 per month, not counting other bills, we are both looking for work but need help to keep from becoming homeless. Our manager is giving us a 3-day Notice but everywhere we've contacted seems to be without funding to aid us. Is there ANY way to keep us from losing our place as we can't even afford to move OUT of? Please help.

H
HELLO NOT SURE WHERE YOU LIVE, BUT IF YOU GO TO THE COURT HOUSE YOU CAN FILL OUT THE NEEDED PAPERS TO STOP THIS EVICTION.

THIS IS ONE AREA THAT A JUDGE WILL NOT ALLOW ANYONE TO GO HOMELESS, ESPECIALLY WITH CHILDREN.
TimPfeifer

Post by TimPfeifer »

My Hours At work have been cut very badly and I am the only one working in a house of 4 so i am like 300.00 dollars short for my rent this much. However all i am asking for is help this month due to the i will have a second job next week and my husband will get out and look for work or just get out. I am a single parent 14yr old daughter and 7yr old son. my car was impounded last month this made difficult to make it to work ilost my job and facing eviction at this point. My children and I were homeless for a year prior to getting this apartment. I pray that I don't put them through that situation again. Both of them are great students .I know they deserve better.I welcome any advice and information that can help me prevent becoming homeless again. PLEASE IF SOMEONE CAN HELP ME I WOULD BE VERY GREATFUL.
Meredith

Post by Meredith »

My unemployment ran out a few months ago. Welfare cannot help me unless I am pregnant. I am currently facing an eviction within 2 weeks from my apartment and I would like to keep my apartment instead of going to a shelter. mainly because the rent is relativly low and I wont find another like that. It is just that I have no cash coming in, not even for transportation to seek a job, or to buy anything like toilet paper, soap etc. My ligths will be turned of soon because I am receiving shut off notices from PSE&G. I just want to get myself on my feet. Years ago I was homeless, and I know what that is and once you become homeless it is extremely difficult to get your self on your feet. I get I got temporary food stamps but no cash, I am stranded, I just stuck watching whats left of my life disapear. I am extremely scared to death, and I feel hopeless.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

So are need rent help and utility assistance and you in the northern California and specifically Oakland area. Looks like Alameda County? If so there may be some rent eviction prevention programs and also utility bill help. Try this resource for Alameda assistance programs which can be obtained from the following. Try calling the Oakland Community Action Partnership at 510-881-0300. Another leading agency in that part of the state is ECHO Housing, and their phone number is (510) 836-4826.
Meredith wrote:My unemployment ran out a few months ago. Welfare cannot help me unless I am pregnant. I am currently facing an eviction within 2 weeks from my apartment and I would like to keep my apartment instead of going to a shelter. mainly because the rent is relativly low and I wont find another like that. It is just that I have no cash coming in, not even for transportation to seek a job, or to buy anything like toilet paper, soap etc. My ligths will be turned of soon because I am receiving shut off notices from PSE&G. I just want to get myself on my feet. Years ago I was homeless, and I know what that is and once you become homeless it is extremely difficult to get your self on your feet. I get I got temporary food stamps but no cash, I am stranded, I just stuck watching whats left of my life disapear. I am extremely scared to death, and I feel hopeless.
Flower1

Post by Flower1 »

I need help with my rent. I am not employed and I have no way to pay my bills right now. I have no place to go and no one to ask for help. I've been looking for a job for the last year. I get jobs here and there freelancing but it's only for a day. It's not permanent. Please HELP me...I don't know what to do and I'm extremely stressed out. My family has never struggled like this before. We are all about to be homeless if we don't get some help soon. Please, please help me find some more resources that will help us pay our rent and utility bills before we are on the streets dying from pneumonia in the cold snowy winter here in Colorado. Thank you so much. God Bless.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well at least you are aggressively looking for work and have some freelancing opportunities. Many people do not even do that, so good for you. As far as resources for utilities, rent, and housing help in Colorado, use this resource for Colorado assistance programs and resources. Each county and city in the state of Colorado has various agencies and programs for people who are struggling.
Flower1 wrote:I need help with my rent. I am not employed and I have no way to pay my bills right now. I have no place to go and no one to ask for help. I've been looking for a job for the last year. I get jobs here and there freelancing but it's only for a day. It's not permanent. Please HELP me...I don't know what to do and I'm extremely stressed out. My family has never struggled like this before. We are all about to be homeless if we don't get some help soon. Please, please help me find some more resources that will help us pay our rent and utility bills before we are on the streets dying from pneumonia in the cold snowy winter here in Colorado. Thank you so much. God Bless.
Stewart

Post by Stewart »

I have both my daughters 18 & 14, my 18 yr old is pregnant we lost our home thru the divorce and then foreclosure are forced to live w/my mom. Its not a good sit considering her health and small home. We are homeless. I am scared of losing my 14 yr old to my ex if I don't find a place soon. I am attending college,soon my 18 year old will be we are on a rather long list for section 8, time is running out. I do get medical and food assistance. No cash. My only income is spousal support Which is near nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Section 8 does usually have a long list, and can take many months if not longer. The demand for affordable, safe, and clean housing is enormous. I think try this for more information on section 8. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/sec ... using.html Maybe call some other agencies that are local to you. Maybe they can accelerate your application or provide other guidance.

Stewart wrote:I have both my daughters 18 & 14, my 18 yr old is pregnant we lost our home thru the divorce and then foreclosure are forced to live w/my mom. Its not a good sit considering her health and small home. We are homeless. I am scared of losing my 14 yr old to my ex if I don't find a place soon. I am attending college,soon my 18 year old will be we are on a rather long list for section 8, time is running out. I do get medical and food assistance. No cash. My only income is spousal support Which is near nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Train

Post by Train »

I am 25 years old. I have full custody of my 14 year old brother. I’ve been on my own since I was 18 and even though it's been hard doing this alone it's made me a stronger person. For the last month my brother has been really sick in and out of the hospital so of course that required need to take off from work. I got behind in my bills before I realized it. I really need help just this once I can't been homeless while taking care of my brother. I've worked really hard to get to where I am today. My rent amount is $890.00 my rent is due Thursday morning 07/13/2013 or the eviction proceedings will begin. if you can help at all I will gladly appreciate it. Thank you and god bless.
daddydaycare

Post by daddydaycare »

I am in Indianapolis, IN & desperately need help with my rent, as I am having surgery this month & have been under doctor's care for the last 18 months. The local trustee doesn't assist on rent to own leases anymore, as I haven't been to them for help since October 2012 (although Obama is trying to end homelessness-they are just promoting it ). I also have car problems, possibly fuel pump going out & no one to help. I am at my wits end. I have no family to turn to & if I lose my home I will be sleeping in my car at 45 years old with 2 dogs.
Dustin

Post by Dustin »

Please Help! Our hose burned down, we were renting. My Family has no where to turn! We are now homeless. I have a 5 year old boy and an 8 year old girl. I don't know what to do. All my family is out in Georgia we have not had any contact in years. I don't know what to do. I am barley hanging on to are car! I only owe $800 more on it but did not make my payments going on 2 months. Our home burned down in November. I beg anyone reading this to please help us! Please call me if you can help in any way. I could volunteer my time or pay back in payments if anything. I don't know what to do.
Waffletaco

Post by Waffletaco »

This is in reference to your ad to help out with our back rent. I had got hurt and missed an week of work, got a short check and been playing catch up, but can't . Really need help to make up for this shortcoming. Have received two late letters from the office and waiting on the eviction notice from sheriff office, any day now. Please let me have some options to consider, since the housing service agency says their out of money, all the ones we've called. Or I will be homeless. Thank you.
Ramsey

Post by Ramsey »

I am homeless. I have a little bit of money saved up from working through the holiday as well as my boyfriend who also is homeless and has a little saved so we can get a place together. I just got a new job and I am trying to get a place as soon as possible because it is getting COLDER and COLDER outside by the day. I am at a library right now trying to reach out and find SOME TYPE of assistance. Please...if someone can...I would be so appreciative and grateful if someone could help me out. Thank you SO much for your time and have a wonderful day.