Self employed mom needs help making rent

Find how to get help with rent
Aguilar
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Self employed mom needs help making rent

Post by Aguilar »

I am a self-employed college student and a single mother to two toddlers. I am one month behind on my rent and I'm afraid the office is running out of patience. I make enough to pay one month of rent but I just can't come up with 2. My rent is $725 and now $950 with late fees again. I am going though my stuff trying to find what I can sell and doing what I can with self-employment. In the meantime its very hard to focus on school and my boys. I need help!
sasolis

Re: Self employed mom needs help making rent

Post by sasolis »

Look on this site for all the resources you can to call also. There are no funds here just good info on resources
Villers

Post by Villers »

I have ran in to a situation I need help with. I am a single parent living, self-employed in a based on income apartment. I went to go pay my lights and was really excited because this was my first time paying my own bill. I have lived with my grandparents since I was 17 and I come home to lights off. Apparently my name was added to an account two or three years back at address I have never lived at and they say there's nothing they can do about it.
I'm already paying everything on my own on a bi weekly income of $200. I have paid my rent already. It was $31, and the bill at Georgia Power is $495 and I have no idea what to do. I have asked family but due to the holidays there's nothing they can do.
I just have come to a stand still because I have just come to the advantage of having my own place to live but can not live there with out power. I really need help as it is hard being self-employed. Please if you could get back with me. If its too much I understand.
I just need help really not good at asking. I'm a little stubborn but I really don't know what else to do. My family is already helping with Christmas and my babies birthday is on the 30th and they just can’t do it and all the rest so I'm asking please help me!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are a number of Carroll County rent assistance programs. One of the benefits is that the money you wouild pay for your housing can be freed up for those power or reconnection bills you have. All of the funds go to the same place...keeping a roof over your head. So they will benefit you.
Villers wrote: I just have come to a stand still because I have just come to the advantage of having my own place to live but can not live there with out power. I really need help as it is hard being self-employed. Please if you could get back with me. If its too much I understand.