Section 8 not paying security deposit

Find how to get help with rent
CindyP
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Section 8 not paying security deposit

Post by CindyP »

I need help paying my security deposit for a new move. I have section 8 housing voucher but i need help with my security deposit. I have an absentee landlord where im living now and have requested a move from chac. but i cant pay all of my security deposit. I have found a new place for me and my 6 children but we need help paying the security. My grand daughter which is 1 caught lead at the present address and i would like to move as soon as possible. My new unit passed chac inspection all is needed now is the security deposit. I have been calling around and everyone keeping telling me they cant help me. So This is my last resort the web. Can someone please help me and my family. PLEASE.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Section 8 not paying security deposit

Post by Admin »

Yes, section 8 doesn't really focus on paying security deposits or first months rent. Looks like you live in New Jersey. We would suggest calling the NJ section 8 providers and tell them your dilemma and ask for advice. There are New Jersey section 8 housing vouchers and agencies. The vouchers usually just limit the amount of rent (maxed at 30%) that someone needs to pay towards their housing expenses. It is a great and effective low income housing program.
CindyP wrote:I need help paying my security deposit for a new move. I have section 8 housing voucher but i need help with my security deposit. I have an absentee landlord where im living now and have requested a move from chac. but i cant pay all of my security deposit. I have found a new place for me and my 6 children but we need help paying the security. My grand daughter which is 1 caught lead at the present address and i would like to move as soon as possible. My new unit passed chac inspection all is needed now is the security deposit. I have been calling around and everyone keeping telling me they cant help me. So This is my last resort the web. Can someone please help me and my family. PLEASE.
Terese

Post by Terese »

Need rental assistance and security deposit, we have been struggling for the last year and owe for Part of April and All of May June, and now July too. If we can't come of with a good chunk of it, we will be living on the street. Our monthly payment is 1500, plus we pay all utilities and trash. Our trash hasn't been picked up since december. The total we owe for rent as of July 1 is $5500, my husband got let go from his job in May, it wasn't even enough to pay rent and utilities, and now he is only getting $280 a week for unemployment. We have 2 children, my son is 17 and he has not had any luck finding work either, any our girl is 9. I suffer from anxiety, recurring major depressive disorder, fibromyalgia, and very bad knees. I have not worked since december of 2007
Brad

Post by Brad »

I am 22 years old and i recieve disability. I receive financial housing assistance, but i cannot afford to pay the security deposits for my utilities. My utilities need to be on before section 8 will approve my apartment, and i would greatly appreciate it if you would offer me some financial support. covington ga Thank you, Sincerely
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We have several different charities, non-profits, and government programs listed for Covington Georgia. Find a listing of NEwton Georgia assistance programs here. There are organizations like the Community Assistance Relief Effort (678) 859-2496 or the Salvation Army on Washington Street. (770) 786-2107
Brad wrote:I am 22 years old and i recieve disability. I receive financial housing assistance, but i cannot afford to pay the security deposits for my utilities. My utilities need to be on before section 8 will approve my apartment, and i would greatly appreciate it if you would offer me some financial support. covington ga Thank you, Sincerely
Cambridge

Post by Cambridge »

I thank you for this opportunity. I need help with my security deposit in Ohio. I'am a low income single mother of ac teenage daughter,and I found an apartment,but I desperately need help with the security deposit. If u can help me out,that would b a blessing from up above. God bless.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Off of our main Ohio page you can find information on rent and utility assistance, as well as free food, and much more. More on Ohio financial assistance programs. Many of the agencies may offer programs for security deposits too. So call them early, and call often, for help. Find your Ohio county or city on the link.
Cambridge wrote:I thank you for this opportunity. I need help with my security deposit in Ohio. I'am a low income single mother of ac teenage daughter,and I found an apartment,but I desperately need help with the security deposit. If u can help me out,that would b a blessing from up above. God bless.
DominicTweed

Post by DominicTweed »

I just received a section 8 voucher from an agency in Portland Oregon and i need help with my security deposit to move in. I recently got help from community action from being behind in my rent so i cant get help from them. My current landlord in i going to court due to my security deposit he owes me of 500. I am still in the property now. We also are in court for him having me pay the water bill, when it is connected to his apt building and have tenants living in their. I really need to move asap.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

What did the agency in Portland tell you about the deposit or water bills? Does the voucher help with those expenses? If not, can they refer you to anyone else. They are probably the best people to ask as you obviously have a relationship with them. If not, here is a listing of other Oregon section 8 agencies and programs. You can call any of a few dozen different not for profits to ask for help with paying your rent or those security deposits. You do need to call around. No ifs and or buts about that.
DominicTweed wrote:I just received a section 8 voucher from an agency in Portland Oregon and i need help with my security deposit to move in. I recently got help from community action from being behind in my rent so i cant get help from them. My current landlord in i going to court due to my security deposit he owes me of 500. I am still in the property now. We also are in court for him having me pay the water bill, when it is connected to his apt building and have tenants living in their. I really need to move asap.
missionredder

Post by missionredder »

Hello,
I am in need of providing a deposit for renting an apartment. I am a single mother of four children and I work part time. I have not been receiving the ordered child support and have been struggling financially.
I need to be out of my residence by the end of the month, October 31, 2013. I have been looking for a new place to live and may have found a new apartment that accepts section 8. I will not know until next week if he will offer me the apartment. However, I can only come up with the first month's rent and need to find some resources to help cover the deposit. I don't know know what resources are out there. I live in Winona county and receive energy assistance and food support and medical assistance for myself and my four children. Both of my children have attended Head Start in the past.
Please help point me in the right direction for some assistance much needed. I would like to get any applications completed so that I will not have a delay in the process if I get approved for the new apartment.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Osborne

Post by Osborne »

Good day to you. I am a single parent, with kids who have special needs or disabilities. We currently live in one county and my kids go school in another. Its a commute. I currently found a place to live in the same school district as my children’s school, and I am unable to afford the security deposit on this place.

I only work part-time, due to my kids schedule. I am on Section 8, so month to month won't be a problem, but getting in before the holidays would be nice. I also could use a adopt a family for my kids age 13 girl and 8 boy for Christmas.
Please feel free to contact me with any resources you may have. I thank you for all your attention in this matter. Have a blessed day!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

In general, most section 8 public housing authorities will not pay for a security deposit. But there may be some exceptions by state or town. There may also be more exceptions for a family with a disabled member too. You can try, but it is doubtful. Get more details on deposit assistance for section 8 recipients. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... t_*.html
Sanchez

Post by Sanchez »

I need help for me and my family. It's me my kids father and our 3 daughters ages 7,2, and 1 . We live with my kids grandmother who has threaten and actually kicked us out in the past numerous of times and who is reverting back to her old ways.

Now I'm working I'm a Certified Home Health Aide who only gets paid about $300 a check and that's sometimes my kids father worked for the Camden county public works but got laid off. We were planning to move because he was getting paid good money but it was hard to because his mother wouldn't let us save but had to pay her with most of our money . When he got laid off he went an applied for unemployment which they gave him he used it all and cant get a extension.

He couldn't get a job because he staying home watching the little ones while I work so I won't lose my license. Welfare won't help us with childcare nor housing because we don't get general assistance and he is not working. I've applied for section 8 and low income apartments but the waiting lists be so long I've been on section 8 waiting list for 4 years. I just really need some help. I don't want to wake up one day and she says we have to go and we have no where to go . Thank you for your time.
G Hucker

Post by G Hucker »

Rental assistance, housing or section 8 deposit help. I am a single mom of 4 ages 1, 5, 12, 13. Christmas is near. I haven't got the kids anything which is the last thing I should worry about in comparison to having. I need a Roof over their heads, food, and clean clothes. I'm so behind I'm not even able to do laundry. I need a miracle please.