free local transit bus passes

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
jeffjones
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

free local transit bus passes

Post by jeffjones »

i need help getting bus fare in henderson nv area
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: free local transit bus passes

Post by Admin »

While we are not sure if you can get free bus passes in Henderson NV, we can give you a list of organizations to call to ask them about this. Find assistance in Clark County, and call places like the Clark County Social Service at (702) 455-4270. Another place to try to call is the Henderson Presbyterian Church at 702-565-9684.
jeffjones wrote:i need help getting bus fare in henderson nv area
McDonald

Post by McDonald »

Hi,
I am a single parent of a 10 year-old girl. I have been unemployed or underemployed for the last 3 years. I recently discovered my Civil Rights for employment have been violated and I am pursuing action to resolve; however, in the mean time, my son and I are living on $400/month child support, and $367 SNAP. We can really use some financial assistance for other household expenses, and a bus pass, etc. Please help us find assistance in Austin, Texas, Travis County.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Bus passes are not common. If an agency does pass them out in Travis County, it will usually be for very specific needs that have to be proven, such as for a job interview or critical medical appointment. The pass is also usually offered one off as well. Anyway, maybe try the Texas community action agencies, which are here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... d_hum.html
ReeseW

Post by ReeseW »

I recently moved to Austin, TX for a job and I need transit bus passes. I'm only making around $21.000 a year after working fulltime (38-42 hours per week). My finance who also lives with me makes between $11,000 and $22,000 but it varies considerably by month since she has a part-time job and a seasonal commission job. I will be getting health benefits form my job in august but she is uninsured. Our rent is $950/month, our electric is around $120 with a $200 deposit that is past due, our utilities (water, sewage, trash, etc.) come to about $50 a month, and our car payment is about $200 (I usually walk but she really needs a car for work, and since the city kicked uber out we had to buy one). A free local bus pass would save us from hardship. I can't really think of anything else to include but feel free to contact me and ask.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

you may be able to find some [urlhttps://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html/austin ... grams.html]churches in Austin for bus passes[/url]. They may be able to help the stranded, homeless, and very low income. Generally a charity will give a bus pass, or tokens, for work reasons. But try them for resources.
ReeseW wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:03 pm I recently moved to Austin, TX for a job and I need transit bus passes.