Scammed by shady debt reduction

Help with eliminating and paying debt, including credit card debt and medical debt.
ISpy
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Scammed by shady debt reduction

Post by ISpy »

MY UNCLE AND SISTER HAVE TO MOVE AFTER DECEMBER OF THIS YEAR BECAUSE WHERE THEY LIVE ISN'T GOING TO RENEW THEIR LEASE. WE ARE TRYING TO FIND A PLACE TO GO BUT WE DON'T HAVE THE MONEY FOR THE SECURITY DEPOSIT ON THE PLACE WE FOUND AS WE LOST A LOT OF MONEY TO A DEBT SCAM COMPANY. WE ARE CURRENTLY ON HOUSING BUT THEY DON'T PAY SECURITY DEPOSITS. MY UNCLE AND MYSELF BOTH RECEIVE SOCIAL SECURITY. MY SISTER'S CASE IS PENDING AGAINST COMPANY. IF THERE IS ANY WAY YOU COULD HELP US IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANK YOU AND HAVE A SAFE HOLIDAY. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Scammed by shady debt reduction

Post by Admin »

If you were already scammed not much more you can do. Usually it is too late. Call the better business bureau. Maybe look into free legal aid. Just do whatever you can to track down help. Maybe free legal aid to sue the company. Another good option is credit counseling, and we have list of them by state. Most can offer free services to low income qualified individuals. Debt consolidation, reduction services, and credit score improvements. Call one in your state.
ISpy wrote:MY UNCLE AND SISTER HAVE TO MOVE AFTER DECEMBER OF THIS YEAR BECAUSE WHERE THEY LIVE ISN'T GOING TO RENEW THEIR LEASE. WE ARE TRYING TO FIND A PLACE TO GO BUT WE DON'T HAVE THE MONEY FOR THE SECURITY DEPOSIT ON THE PLACE WE FOUND AS WE LOST A LOT OF MONEY TO A DEBT SCAM COMPANY. WE ARE CURRENTLY ON HOUSING BUT THEY DON'T PAY SECURITY DEPOSITS. MY UNCLE AND MYSELF BOTH RECEIVE SOCIAL SECURITY. MY SISTER'S CASE IS PENDING AGAINST COMPANY. IF THERE IS ANY WAY YOU COULD HELP US IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANK YOU AND HAVE A SAFE HOLIDAY. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.
F Smith

Post by F Smith »

Give me any suggestion. I don’t know what to do. I really need some help protecting my property before it goes to Auction. My truck will be taken away (Loan- to pay move to North Dakota 4 years ago). Living hard. I’ll be losing, everything not wanting to be homeless.

I've called the police from South Dakota from 2010 to 2013 to report on the loan and the debt agency. They said you have to come there to report it. I've emailed to them about so many times. Nothing been taken care of. Because I have no clue that the company took care of my property with any information, making excuses, no response at all for 3 years on and off. Not telling me the truth at all. They scammed me too for money too. I don’t know what to do....

I have a story that would like to be heard. We need help. I don’t know what to do anymore. Who to email ? or what to do from losing our home. I would like to talk with someone or reporter or an AD advertiser. I’m homeless.
It happened between March 2010 to May 2013. We have our house that been destroyed over the 3-4 years, and scammed, too. I have no family, my both parent deceased (32 years ago, Mom of cancer & 12 years ago, Dad of heart problem ). I feel hopeless. I would like to search where are my cars, truck , and trailers.
Barrack

Post by Barrack »

I'm a single father that is raising my Daughter. I was managing my bills at one point and then about 2 months ago. I tried doing a good deed for someone and they whipped out all my saving and daughter college fund. I am renting at the moment. So I am in desperate need of rental assistance and utility bills. If I Can get maybe about 2 or 3 months worth of help I believe I can get back on my feet. Can you please help. I'm doing the best I can with what I have.
Guyoda

Post by Guyoda »

I hope you can help me.
I recently had my bank account emptied out ($100) by a collection company /attorney I did not know I had a debt with. They are collecting on what appears to be a credit card and I am unaware of the credit card. I am also unaware of any collection debt, letter or anything.
I have moved several times since my divorce looking for a place to call home.
I am unemployed and have been for years.
I have been looking for work and unable to find a steady job.
I have no medical benefits. I have applied for unemployment.
Please help me or provide me with anyone who can. I am very scared. I don’t know what to do.
I greatly appreciate your help.
sasolis

Post by sasolis »

Scammed by a shady debt reduction company but you got your money taken away without knowledge? First, all debt reduction company's are not equal. Second if it was them you would have had to sign up for a program with them and most likely signed documents saying they could collect. But they should be helping you pay your debts not taking your money? Makes no sense.
Start with the bank, ask who gave permission for the funds to be taken? If you signed it was ok you may be in a bad situation.
Being unemployed and with no medical has nothing to do with the debt reduction company nor being scammed?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Ask them for proof of the credit card. They must have copies of the original application/paperwork. See if it is in your name or not. Also $100 is not much. Many of these companies will settle the bill, so maybe offer them $10-$20, but only if you truly really are responsible for the credit card bill. You can also try lawyers, debt agencies, and more.
We have tons of information on assistance programs for debt arrears on credit cards and more. And the bottom line is get a job, as the market is strong.
Guyoda wrote:I hope you can help me. I recently had my bank account emptied out ($100) by a collection company /attorney I did not know I had a debt with.
Phyllis

Post by Phyllis »

Hi. Me and my family which consists of me my two sons and my disabled mother that goes back in for more surgery’s January 12 2018. We were evicted from out previous home due to the owner not having the appropriate permits and being too far in debt...we found another home payed rent to get in and agreed to do household work in exchange for the deposit which was 700 same as rent.
We have been approximately 2 weeks and found out that we have been victim to rental as well as debt scam. The person we thought was the owner was infect not the owner and they showed up yesterday and now we are homeless......please help us address this scam.