Hundreds of dollars for water bills

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
MarryM
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Hundreds of dollars for water bills

Post by MarryM »

I was searching the internet for help with my water situation. I currently reside in
Cumberland Maryland, and my water is turned off. I am moving to a new location, due
to the fact that my current apartment is going to be condemned. I have five small
children under the ages of 10. We are in need of 634 dollars to have my water turned
on so that I can get out of my current residence in cumberland to move to my other
residence located in cumberland also. I saw your website and was hoping that you
would be able to help me or be able to refer me somewhere. Your immediate response
is very much appreciated. Thank you
erkel

Re: Hundreds of dollars for water bills

Post by erkel »

We need emergency water bill assistance. our bill is 750 and we came up with 600 so far and have exhausted all our reources and dont know what todo. Until the water bill gets paid we cant return to our home and my husband and i are seperated from our children. Please if there's anything u can do to help us we would greatly appreciate it. thank you
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

You can live in a home without water bills being paid. Why do you say you can't return? Regardless, there are some programs out there. Call your local community action agency, apply for help at your water company (H2O program) is one option. Contact charities like the Salvation Army.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/how ... _on_b.html
erkel wrote:We need emergency water bill assistance. our bill is 750 and we came up with 600 so far and have exhausted all our reources and dont know what todo. Until the water bill gets paid we cant return to our home and my husband and i are separated from our children. Please if there's anything u can do to help us we would greatly appreciate it. thank you
Househunter

Post by Househunter »

I was unable to pay my water bill in Jacksonville Florida and it was turned off without notice. After speaking with them and explaining my situation, being a disabled person and not aware the bill was past due, they agreed to turn it back on. I also had to exhaust all resources that they had given me to contact before they would turn it back on. I get my check on the 3rd of each month. Very limited income. So now I will have to pay the balance and a $250.00 reconnect fee. That will put my bill at approx. $500.00. I can not keep all my utilities on and I have to have them. Please give me any information you can to assist. I am so glad I found this site. Thank You
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Usually a reconnection fee can be negotiated too. Did they offer to waive that, or let you pay in installments? If no luck, try contacting a non-profit in your region of Jacksonville Florida for free advice or grants for water bills. Some places to call may include the Jacksonville Urban League at (904) 721-9788 or a good local church is We Care Jacksonville, Inc. / Christ the King Clinic (904) 253-1640. They have a clinic and other financial assistance programs. Click here for more information on these and other options.
Househunter wrote:I was unable to pay my water bill in Jacksonville Florida and it was turned off without notice. After speaking with them and explaining my situation, being a disabled person and not aware the bill was past due, they agreed to turn it back on. I also had to exhaust all resources that they had given me to contact before they would turn it back on. I get my check on the 3rd of each month. Very limited income. So now I will have to pay the balance and a $250.00 reconnect fee. That will put my bill at approx. $500.00. I can not keep all my utilities on and I have to have them. Please give me any information you can to assist. I am so glad I found this site. Thank You
Subway

Post by Subway »

Water bill is pass due. Household does not generate sufficient income for this account to become current. I am afraid that following the latest disconnect notice, my child and I will be without water. Please help. In the future, assistance may not be required, as I am continuing my education to gain employment, which pays substantially. I think I could have a job within 6 months as my education will be done b then, so this is really short term. Thanks for your help and consideration.
Ju Jansen

Post by Ju Jansen »

I just moved in a single wide trailer and don't have enough money to get my water turned on or catch up on my light bill. It will only take about $500 to get everything straight. I really would appreciate it the help. I have to move out of my parents house. I have a part time job and i go to school full time. I do not make enough to pay rent. I need to know how to get out and be able to pay rent.
Weather Kardishian

Post by Weather Kardishian »

I live in the state of Ohio. I am currently renting and although the landlord was supposed to be paying the water bill, they have not, and we are threatened with disconnection. My question deals with someone with disability. My step son currently receives SSI disability and I was wondering if they can turn it off with this being the case?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Water bill assistance is rare, but we have information on places you can call in Ohio. You need to review your lease if you are saying the landlord needed to pay it. The contract needs to be clear on that. Also, we can't answer that legal question. Maybe try free legal aid in Ohio too. Get details on those Ohio financial assistance programs, and maybe they have something on water bills.
JJJudy

Post by JJJudy »

I live in Jackson, MS and today my mom came home to find out her water was off and her water meter had been removed. She has to pay $2500 before she can get her water restored. My mother does not have that type of money. If there is any place that can assist her please get back with me as soon as you can. Thanks so much.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Are you in the city or county of Jackson in Mississippi? As there are different programs for those. In general, water assistance is very rare, and how is it that you need $2500? That is probably a few years of usage for a standard home. What else occurred to cause that amount. Anyway, locate programs for Hinds County. Click here.
KimRay1973

Post by KimRay1973 »

I need information on how to get my water turned back on.
Two months ago, I had contacted Lake Whatcom Water & Sewer District about the situation I was dealing with: I am waiting to be approved for Social Security Disability after applying over a year ago. In addition to my inability to work (due to major spine surgery, cervical spine fusion and chronic pain), I am a senior citizen (59). I had asked for an additional 30 days to pay the bill (believing that I was close to benefit approval).
I received an additional 30 days from the company's Treasurer via email, and a note stating she would review my situation after that time to asses my situation due to my disability. Instead, I received a billing statement and date payment must be received by. Everything was in big, bold red letters. In addition the due date was reduced by ten days by the representative, a power-hungry racist woman whom I've always known hates me.
The stress of all of this caused by condition spiral out of control, and depression caused me to be bed-ridden for several days. Eventually (after five or six days), I began calling around searching for agencies that might provide help for low income and disabled people. I found prospects that failed to materialize. But one in particular that seemed very hopeful, fizzled out after they contacted the woman at the water department whom I feel hates me. (I can certainly back up my claims about this woman).
After that I contacted the treasurer again. She replied that they (water department) could not offer any more help. I have all of the correspondence between myself and the treasurer. I could not believe that after 10 years of being a good customer and all the money they've made from me, this was all the help I could receive. My water was cut off about five days later.
And to add insult to injury, I have been receiving Disconnection Notices from the water company, which list the past due charges of course, but which also show new charges for water I haven't received in months, or sewer privileges that obviously could not be utilized. Is this even legal?
I have been overcharged by hundreds of dollars for excess water usage on several occasions (I brought the to their attention). But the racism and escalated charges due to premature rate increases, I've allowed these problems to slide due to dealing with health problems and chronic pain. But now the hardship of driving into town twice a week to purchase water; lugging twelve one-gallon jugs, and two five-gallon jugs of water to my car. And then, carry to the second floor of my home to my kitchen. This is very difficult since I live alone. My family and friends all live out of state.
Can you any offer assistance in this matter? I have much more information to disclose if needed. Please feel free to contact me via email. I thank you in advance.