Eviction notice

Find how to get help with rent
Mfusco
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Eviction notice

Post by Mfusco »

Please help me im a single father with a 5 year old son and i am going to be evicted on thursday 12/17/2009, i lost my job and im having a hard time finding one. I live in Lynchburg Va, and im looking for some rental assistance. If anyone has any suggestions plz let me know. Thank U sincerely Michael
helper

Re: Eviction notice

Post by helper »

I think this is the same as the previous post. Try the Lynchburg Community Action Group. Community action agencies often have cash grants and other financial assistance. They are located at 926 Commerce Street Lynchburg, VA 24504. They may have their housing or rent assistance program, or if they don't they will be able to direct you to some resources and local programs. Also, rent eviction services are fairly standard.
christopher

Post by christopher »

To whom it may concern, im a 29 year old college student married no kids. I recieved a notice saying we have to appear in court and that were being evicted from our apartment tomarrow. Is there anyone that can help us.

Sincerely,
Christopher Lohr
christopher

Post by christopher »

To whom it may concern, im a 29 year old college student married no kids. I recieved a notice saying we have to appear in court and that were being evicted from our apartment tomarrow. Is there anyone that can help us.

Sincerely,
Christopher Lohr

I live in Michigan
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

What state do you live in? Try the Salvation Army, United Way, your local church, and CAC. I need more info on your state though for a specific program.
christopher wrote:To whom it may concern, im a 29 year old college student married no kids. I recieved a notice saying we have to appear in court and that were being evicted from our apartment tomarrow. Is there anyone that can help us.

Sincerely,
Christopher Lohr
David19

Eviction notice for non-payment

Post by David19 »

we don't know what to do my wife is pregnant and due in October we moved here to pinellas county Florida in April of 09 seeking better opportunity but we couldnt have come to a worse place for that.since june of this year we have been fighting eviction we also have our 17 and 12 year old sons residing with us.our landlord just filed a complaint with pinellas county courts for eviction for non payment of rent.He did this after he accepted $220.00 from us earlier this month then he fabricated a 3 day notice wich he said he gave us on the 9th wich is a lie is there anything anyone can do it just doesnt seem like anyone cares or can help us we need some advice on what to do because we are at wits end
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Eviction notice for non-payment

Post by Admin »

If you are facing an eviciton, try these agencies and non-profits.
Pinellas Opportunity Council, Inc. (POC)
Family Service Centers, Inc. 822-3961
Both may have grant or loan programs, or be able to redirect you to Florida or federal government agencies. There is a lot of funding out there for rent help, shelters, Section 8, etc.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... e_pro.html
David19 wrote:we don't know what to do my wife is pregnant and due in October we moved here to pinellas county Florida in April of 09 seeking better opportunity but we couldnt have come to a worse place for that.since june of this year we have been fighting eviction we also have our 17 and 12 year old sons residing with us.our landlord just filed a complaint with pinellas county courts for eviction for non payment of rent.He did this after he accepted $220.00 from us earlier this month then he fabricated a 3 day notice wich he said he gave us on the 9th wich is a lie is there anything anyone can do it just doesnt seem like anyone cares or can help us we need some advice on what to do because we are at wits end
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hello i mm not sure if this is the right place, but if not maybe you can point me in right direction. Ive been laid off for over a year now and my wife is the only one with income. We have a family of 5 and have been struggling to make ends meet. We can barely pay our bills let alone our rent. What kind of programs or assistance might we look into to help us so that we dont get evicted as we have just received an eviction notice.

Thank you,
weinbergm95

Post by weinbergm95 »

Hi, may name is Sherry and I am desperate need of help or at least some answers for dealing with an eviction. I am a single mother of 4 and I was residing in an Glenbrook apartments on Lakeshore in Birmingham AL that was based on my income and my mom got very sick and almost died and I had to take FMLA time off work which I did not get paid for. I fell behind on my rent and was referred to the assistance program called "JCCEO". They help to keep you from becoming homeless by helping pay for rent if you are qualified.I was given a case worker by the name of Mr. Christopher Mosley whom completed all my paperwork and told me that I was approved and everything would be taken care of. After about 2.5 weeks and my complex told me they had yet to receive payment I began calling everyday leaving several messages on the voicemail and never got a call back. I then began speaking with different people who gave me the run around. On Thursday, October 14, 2010 @ 2:20 PM of the week I returned back to work, I received a notice saying I had 24 hours before the Sheriff’s came to set my things out and evict me from the apartment. I think it was illegal. That day I left work at that very moment and went down to the Park Ridge Office, only to find out that they were moving and Mr. Mosley had been terminated. No one ever contacted after leaving over 50 messages and coming by several times and being told somebody would contact me soon to advise me what was going on with my case or anything. That day I spoke with Ms. Millhouse whom has been remarkable to us in helping us in every way that she could, she placed us in a hotel (which was awful and filthy but when you have nowhere else to go and there is only one person out of a company trying to help you take what you can). Well she put us in a hotel for 2 weeks and told us to try and find somewhere to live and they would help us with some $ to relocate but we where given all these guidelines but I remind you I now have an eviction on me because they did not do what they are/were supposed to do. Well, I remind you that I had just returned back to work and could not request anymore time off so I was looking and filling out applications but was steadily getting turned down due to the fact everyone had to check my rental history and because of that eviction no one wanted to work with me. I even explained about JCCEO being willing to help me and several landlords stated that they have yet to pay them for other clients and are not willing to work with or for them. Even people on the list that they have would no longer work with them due to non-payment. After the two weeks I understood that it is no longer in Ms. Millhouse’s hands and was her boss' decision to no longer pay for our hotel. I emailed him because he would not speak with or return my calls because we had absolutely nowhere else to go. I stated to him “My mom lives in the same apartment complex that we were evicted from in a 1 bedroom and she just doesn’t have room for us and just having my mail sent to her address caused problems saying that people that were not on her lease where receiving mail there so I know we couldn’t possibly live there.” I told him “I had been looking and paying application fees and many other things that I could to find a place. I have been turned down or I’m being told I’ll work with you but the house isn’t ready yet by at least 3 landlords. I am saying all this to say we really needed more time. Seeing that I have just returned to work I am not able to take off anymore at this time and my money is just now starting to flow back in since I’ve returned to work. I am asking that you work with me on finding another solution than to stop the short term residence that we have.” After that email to him he still did not speak with me but stopped payment on hotel leaving my kids and I living from place to place. I continued communicating with Mrs. Millhouse whom gave me to Wednesday, November 10, 2010 to find a place but like I originally stated I can not find a place that will approve me with my current situation so how can I find somewhere. I unserstand that is not JCCEO’s fault that I fell behind on my rent, but it is their fault I was evicted because if they had done their part this could have been avoided and if they couldn’t pay I could have made other arrangements with my complex. I am desperately seeking help because they basically told me if I haven’t been approved by and found somewhere by Wednesday, October 10, 2010 that I am basically on my own because they will no longer render any services to relocate. Please contact me and let me know if it is possible that I can sue them.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

In Birmingham Alabama you can contact the following agencies and non-profits for rent help and assistance. They can probably help you find more permanent housing so you are not moving from place to place on a temporary basis.
Salvation Army at (205) 328-2420 offers funds for emergencies
Birmingham Urban League (205) 326-016 gives housing counseling, employment assistance, and other aid.
On the site you will also find how to get legal help, as it does sound like your apartment complex is giving you the run around too. Maybe you do need to speak to an attorney. Many offer pro-bono advice.

http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... e_pr4.html
weinbergm95 wrote:Hi, may name is Sherry and I am desperate need of help or at least some answers for dealing with an eviction. I am a single mother of 4 and I was residing in an Glenbrook apartments on Lakeshore in Birmingham AL that was based on my income and my mom got very sick and almost died and I had to take FMLA time off work which I did not get paid for. I fell behind on my rent and was referred to the assistance program called "JCCEO". They help to keep you from becoming homeless by helping pay for rent if you are qualified.I was given a case worker by the name of Mr. Christopher Mosley whom completed all my paperwork and told me that I was approved and everything would be taken care of. After about 2.5 weeks and my complex told me they had yet to receive payment I began calling everyday leaving several messages on the voicemail and never got a call back. I then began speaking with different people who gave me the run around. On Thursday, October 14, 2010 @ 2:20 PM of the week I returned back to work, I received a notice saying I had 24 hours before the Sheriff’s came to set my things out and evict me from the apartment. I think it was illegal. That day I left work at that very moment and went down to the Park Ridge Office, only to find out that they were moving and Mr. Mosley had been terminated. No one ever contacted after leaving over 50 messages and coming by several times and being told somebody would contact me soon to advise me what was going on with my case or anything. That day I spoke with Ms. Millhouse whom has been remarkable to us in helping us in every way that she could, she placed us in a hotel (which was awful and filthy but when you have nowhere else to go and there is only one person out of a company trying to help you take what you can). Well she put us in a hotel for 2 weeks and told us to try and find somewhere to live and they would help us with some $ to relocate but we where given all these guidelines but I remind you I now have an eviction on me because they did not do what they are/were supposed to do. Well, I remind you that I had just returned back to work and could not request anymore time off so I was looking and filling out applications but was steadily getting turned down due to the fact everyone had to check my rental history and because of that eviction no one wanted to work with me. I even explained about JCCEO being willing to help me and several landlords stated that they have yet to pay them for other clients and are not willing to work with or for them. Even people on the list that they have would no longer work with them due to non-payment. After the two weeks I understood that it is no longer in Ms. Millhouse’s hands and was her boss' decision to no longer pay for our hotel. I emailed him because he would not speak with or return my calls because we had absolutely nowhere else to go. I stated to him “My mom lives in the same apartment complex that we were evicted from in a 1 bedroom and she just doesn’t have room for us and just having my mail sent to her address caused problems saying that people that were not on her lease where receiving mail there so I know we couldn’t possibly live there.” I told him “I had been looking and paying application fees and many other things that I could to find a place. I have been turned down or I’m being told I’ll work with you but the house isn’t ready yet by at least 3 landlords. I am saying all this to say we really needed more time. Seeing that I have just returned to work I am not able to take off anymore at this time and my money is just now starting to flow back in since I’ve returned to work. I am asking that you work with me on finding another solution than to stop the short term residence that we have.” After that email to him he still did not speak with me but stopped payment on hotel leaving my kids and I living from place to place. I continued communicating with Mrs. Millhouse whom gave me to Wednesday, November 10, 2010 to find a place but like I originally stated I can not find a place that will approve me with my current situation so how can I find somewhere. I unserstand that is not JCCEO’s fault that I fell behind on my rent, but it is their fault I was evicted because if they had done their part this could have been avoided and if they couldn’t pay I could have made other arrangements with my complex. I am desperately seeking help because they basically told me if I haven’t been approved by and found somewhere by Wednesday, October 10, 2010 that I am basically on my own because they will no longer render any services to relocate. Please contact me and let me know if it is possible that I can sue them.
Larry

Post by Larry »

I am trying to find help for my niece.She has been evicted from her apartment in Chicago Illinois and now she has to pay 1,000 plus dollars for breaking her lease and she doesn't have a job and she has a 1 year old son.She is on the slow side (maybe officially disabled?) and I've gone broke trying to take care of her and her son while trying to take care of my own family and bills.If there is anyway you can help me find assistance for her. Thank you!
Luigi

Post by Luigi »

I am in desperate need of help! I have gotten a formal eviction and a court date of 1/10/11. I had to quit my job, I am 8 months pregnant. I was an EMT and I could not lift people any more. I have three other children and I cannot even buy toys. I plan to go back to work as soon as the baby is born, but that is not until 2/6/11. I have called the community action, Catholic Charities and Salvation Army in Lawrence Massachusetts. They have all stated that there are no funds available. I am terrified that I will lose my family!!!! Where else can I turn??

I have also been calling the local churches in my community and beyond.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Lawrence is in Essex County, isn't it? If so, here is a listing of agencies in the area. If you called Salvation Army, Catholic Charities, etc. then you have taken many of the right steps. But there may be a couple more non-profits.
They include North Shore Community Action Programs, Inc. Phone (978) 531 - 0767 and the local community action agency, Action Inc.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/ess ... ogra2.html
Luigi wrote:I am in desperate need of help! I have gotten a formal eviction and a court date of 1/10/11. I had to quit my job, I am 8 months pregnant. I was an EMT and I could not lift people any more. I have three other children and I cannot even buy toys. I plan to go back to work as soon as the baby is born, but that is not until 2/6/11. I have called the community action, Catholic Charities and Salvation Army in Lawrence Massachusetts. They have all stated that there are no funds available. I am terrified that I will lose my family!!!! Where else can I turn??

I have also been calling the local churches in my community and beyond.
Pueblo

Post by Pueblo »

Im a single mother i live with my mother two sisters and my five kids. I get paid every two weeks and my check go to the light bill and what ever i have left over have get things for the kids and house cleaning products so i dont have the money to pay our rent. We is very behind like 1800 dollars and i cant come up with that kind of money that fast and by myself and are facing eviction. I dont have nowhere to go so im trying to do wat i can so i dont lose my kids by haven them staying on the streets if we get put out. I'm struggling to pay $675.00 on disability and it's hard for me I have been on section 8 before for 22 years I need assistants bad now.I'm trying to care for my son and help with two grands it is hard please help me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You have been on section 8 housing for 22 years? Maybe you want to look into a Michigan HUD counseling agency. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... couns.html They can also provide you with more longer term housing programs, credit counseling, and the like. Many also extra additional aid for families with children, so be sure that comes up in your dealing with those HUD and section 8 housing non-profit agencies.
Pueblo wrote:Im a single mother i live with my mother two sisters and my five kids. I get paid every two weeks and my check go to the light bill and what ever i have left over have get things for the kids and house cleaning products so i dont have the money to pay our rent. We is very behind like 1800 dollars and i cant come up with that kind of money that fast and by myself and are facing eviction. I dont have nowhere to go so im trying to do wat i can so i dont lose my kids by haven them staying on the streets if we get put out. I'm struggling to pay $675.00 on disability and it's hard for me I have been on section 8 before for 22 years I need assistants bad now.I'm trying to care for my son and help with two grands it is hard please help me.