Section 8 in Tennessee is not helpful

Find how to get help with rent
D Sullivan
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Section 8 in Tennessee is not helpful

Post by D Sullivan »

I need help with my first months rent and a security deposit. Code enforcement in Tennessee condemned my house its been backed up for 2 months and the lead department has also tested positive and stopped section.8 from paying rent. I was giving a 14 day eviction and now my house has mosquitoes swarming in the basement and nobody is helping me. I have a new born and a 5 year old who had asthma.
I don’t know what else to do I’m about to call the news I do not owe my landlord rent an I had no judgment against me. I tried social services. I was also in a car accident a few weeks ago with my baby. It was not my fault so the insurance company is paying for everything but I really need a lot of help. Please someone help me out and thank you for your time .
sasolis

Re: Section 8 in Tennessee is not helpful

Post by sasolis »

There are no funds on this site, just resources. I can't believe they never caught the lead issue when you moved in, I thought Sect 8 was more stringent than that. Sorry, try calling your local 211 number for a list of additional resources and if you have to, why not call the news and see if they would run your story.
FamilyHelp

Re: Section 8 in Tennessee is not helpful

Post by FamilyHelp »

I recently lost my job due to my health. I applied for disability and I am waiting my decision. I was approved for section 8 in Davidson County where I live in Nashville, TN but my apartment complex is no longer taking the voucher program so, I am in need of paying my rent in January 2017 so that I can have more time to look for a new place.