Find how to get help with rent
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: facing eviction and need rent help

Post by Admin »

Many people do get injured and then need rent or housing help. Sadly that can be one of the causes that leads to evictions and even homelessness in the worst cases. You need to ensure you get disability, SSI, unemployment, and any other funds or cash that you may be entitled too. Talk to a social worker in New York City too. Start all of these tasks early and often, before you fall too far behind. And then look into New York City rent assistance programs and solutions. Start calling around to the various non-profits and NY government programs listed on our site. If need to, speak to your lawyers and get guidance and support from them too.
TrakP1 wrote:I got injured on the job while sheet rocking. Date of accident: 05/09/2011 Injuries : Right arm, Big toe, shoulder, and lower back Since the date of accident in New York City I got to see the knee doctor in May of 2011 when I had surgery in Dec of 2011 I just recently went to see knee doctor again and was told I need six more months of therapy if not he will have to do surgery again, an year has gone by and I finally got to see foot doctor just this month on Feb 16, 2012 where doctor place an cast on my foot. I have been walking around with an fraction on my big toe for the past few years. I got evicted from my Bronx apartment due to non payment from insurance carrier ( Amtrust ) around the same time I had knee surgery and had to relocate to South Carolina. As an child I lived in the projects and grew up on welfare. I have work very had not to depend on the working people and provide for my family on my own. I got an career became an union carpenter, and I am also an show carpenter for the New York Madison Square Garden. I have recently been cut off my benefits again! And was also told by lawyers that my payments have been reduce. I do not understand first they say payments should be according to how much you make in 40 hours. I already had an pay cut I was already getting way less then what I make when I am working. I was getting 1200.00 hundred every two weeks now they want to give 422.00 every two weeks. As an single mother of an disable little girl and another boy, this will not cover cost of living, keep in mind I do not receive any type of government assistance for my daughter, my son or myself. I have grown accustom to living a certain way in safe neighborhoods, clean environments , and better schools for my child. I refuse to have that taken away from me after I work so hard. Any advise would be greatly appreciated !
Solar

Post by Solar »

I have lived where I am at for almost 4 years...in exchange for my rent and utilities my domestic partner and I worked for our landlord. Mike worked for him doing something most of the time 5 or 6 days a week. He and his new girlfriend went on vacation for 4 weeks and we took care of his home, business, cattle, and everything else while he was gone. less than 2 weeks after his return he stopped talking to us and gave us an eviction. We have filed a paupers appeal. Eventually we are going to have to move, but we are both now unemployed, and have no money...no where to go such as friends or family to stay with...no way to move and two little dogs that have to go with us. Do not have a clue where to turn please help us someone!
JoeBrown

Post by JoeBrown »

My family and I recently had our home foreclosed. We were lucky enough to find a man who was renting in Plano Texas and didn’t require first, last, security, background/ credit check. So even though it was a little out of our price range we really had no choice. Now ONLY two months into the new place the father of my children lost his job. We have been there for 8 weeks now and just had the water turned on last week. I have a 3 year old and a 5 year old and their grandmother is very disabled. I am so scared. I went to college and have worked since I was 13 years old. This is the longest I have ever gone without work. I went to school but am a couple credits shy of being an Elementary school teacher and for the last 6 years I have designed websites and managed internet departments for car dealers. I can't find a job anywhere. To make matters worse my baby’s father has sent out honestly 25-30 resumes from our local job search. PLEASE HELP ME for the first time in my entire life I am scared for my children. Thank you and God Bless.
Cypri

Post by Cypri »

I need help paying my rent for April because I was laid off a couple weeks before Christmas due to job cuts and I just recently had a newborn son and I really need the assistance. I just started a new job but I won’t be paid until a couple weeks by now and I don’t want the late charges to be outrageous. I just really need the help for this month until I can get a paycheck again.
Ellen

Post by Ellen »

Need help, desperately seeking help for rent. I've been on workman's compensation and have had surgery so my case is almost over but I didn't have any compensation until recently. It’s just me and every time I try to get back on my feet I seem to fail. My electric bill from another residence was over 1000 and I am still trying to pay it so my electricity doesn't get turned off even though it doesn't apply to my new place. Then I fall behind in rent, I have already been homeless I don't want to be again. I have a three day pay or quit notice. Can you please help? Sincerely,
Tiffany1

Post by Tiffany1 »

To Whom it May Concern,
I’m in need of some major help. I’m on temporary Layoff from my job, and I currently am renting a home in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. I have paid $500 so far this month and I need assistance with the last remaining $586.07 for my rent this month. I have 50 dollars to my name and My landlord is threatening to evict us from the home if we do not pay today! If you could please contact me ASAP to see what I can do that would be greatly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you are on a short term layoff and will soon be going back to your job, then that may help in your case for the $586. Waiting until today though does make it challenging as the non-profits in Linn County will have a formal application process that takes time. So find our Cedar Rapids assistance programs and resources.
aura

Post by aura »

I am a single mother of 2, I work full time and recently had my electricity turned off so my kids and I were in the cold and the dark for the past 2 weeks. I had to use part of my rent money to pay to have my electricity reinstated, which has left me short on my rent for June and facing eviction.

My landlord just recently filed eviction paperwork and I don't have the money to pay the rest of my rent and I don't have the money for a security deposit if I have to move. We have hardly any food at this point, we've been eating at friends homes and coworkers have been making meals for me to take home to the kids. I need any help available with my rent or we will be homeless very soon.
Kimmel

Post by Kimmel »

I am a 30 year old veteran of the United States Marine Corps, I have a wife and no children. I would like to receive more information on my options to receive help with my rent payments. I am currently in school at MSU campus in Biloxi, MS. I receive $1,600 a month for BAH and recently obtained a job at Wal-Mart making $8 dollars an hour.
I am not a disabled vet, I served for 3 years and was released from my contract with an honorable discharge in December of 2013. I have had an incredibly hard time finding a decent paying job. I am assuming this is because of my job field. I served as a combat recruiter. I would like to receive any information available on housing assistance and any other benefits I am available for. Thank You so much.
Spinella

Post by Spinella »

To whom it may concern,
I am facing homelessness with my two daughters ages 10, and 13 months.
My divorce is almost final and I can't afford to pay rent and child care.
I have called numerous locations for any type of possible assistance and there is always no funding available.
I also am not familiar with any shelters in my area that are safe to have children with me, please respond. I do not know who else to contact.
Thank you,
Apple

Post by Apple »

Needing help with rent. We are behind on rent and need to pay it up by the end of the month or get out and we are having trouble finding a new place and even having trying to come up with the rest of rent. My fiance is working but I currently lost my job and have been looking for one but am not having much luck. We are also currently taking care of a 3 year old and I don't know what else to do at this point. If there is any way you could help us or if you could tell me someone who can we would greatly appreciate it.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

So you are evicted from your Bronx home? If so, then resources in NYC may help with rehousing too. Though you will need to stabilize your situation first and be on the right path. As you said, making $1200 every two weeks just will not cut it. You need another job, live with someone else, etc. but one of the New York City rental assistance programs may help you. As they cost of housing is so high in the Bronx and other parts of the city.
TrakP1 wrote: I got evicted from my Bronx apartment due to non payment from insurance carrier ( Amtrust ) around the same time I had knee surgery
Grandpa

Post by Grandpa »

Hello, I was just trying to see if you guys could help me out with paying my rent before I am evicted. I would really appreciate it. I'm behind this month and I really want to keep my apartment and I would try my best to pay back if I have too! Thanks in Advance.