Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Ruby
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Utilities in Washington state

Post by Ruby »

To whom it may concern,
I am currently looking for assistance with some of my utility bills, such as PSE (gas), Pen light (electric), and Washington water company (water). I just retired from 15 years of active service from the Navy, I also served in Afghanistan back in 2010/2011. I currently receive my pension which is 2153.94, which makes my house payment. I am also receiving unemployment, which is currently 76.00 dollars a week, because of the pension amount. I have been fully retired as December 1, 2013, I am actively searching for a job. I should have on soon, but in the meantime my family and I need some help with our utility bills until I can start a new job. My wife has been unable to work because of her back has been injured. I need assistance on the following bills:
Puget Sound Energy - $153.00, due 01 October 2013.
Pen Light (electric company) - $116.03 due on the 12 of October 2013.
Washington water company (water bill) – 126.26 due at the end of September (25th)
I can provide the account numbers if needed. I look forward to hearing from you soon, also if there is any other resources available out in the community, could you please guide me in the right direction.
Camillia

Re: Utilities in Washington state

Post by Camillia »

I am living in Panther Lake Federal Way Washington. I got a letter a disconnection letter with my utility bills. From the last two months my husbands hours have been cut and we are having problems with our other bills as well but it is our utility bills that we are having problems with.
We received a letter like a month before stating we have balance of 200+ so we made. Check of 100 and just last month we received another mail stating we have 836.74 and that we are notified that if no payments are made till next week were going to be disconnected. Please if there's any help out there I'd really appreciated. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Did you try a payment plan? Or seek grants from LIHEAP in Washington? That utility bill of $800 also is very high. In two months your bill were that high? If so, you are obviously wasting energy. You need to conserve if your income was reduced. But find more financial help for utilities in Washington.
Oaker

Post by Oaker »

I Have a shut off for today for my heat which is electric from Taunton Municipal Lighting Plant 02780 in Washington. I did receive fuel assistance but there is no insulation. My neighbor has paperwork on a ton of problems and I told my landlord 6 months ago he said when they did the roofs they could have disconnected something and he would just address it because he's moving back in anyway so he'll do it then.
Well we froze to death all winter and cold air would blow in from the vents and I have to blow dry the toilet seat to be able to sit on it, I kid you not. My neighbor has never been able to sleep in her bedroom. It's like ours an ice chest.
I sleep on the couch same as her if its 40 or 50 degrees my daughter will bundle up and sleep in her room. I also have two disabled people in the home. If I could receive some assistance with my utilities so at least I won't be should off I could make a payment plan for the remainder.
I am also in the middle of moving. I have to be out by the 10th of July. I found a place but I'm adding my sister to my lease so I have to wait until it’s all approved. I have to give a 500.00 dollar deposit for rent and utilities plus rent a truck. I don't know how I'm going to do it but by the grace of god. I would be so appreciative and grateful for any help. Thank you for your time.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We are not sure about Taunton, but the main Washington energy assistance programs are listed here.
https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... d_uti.html
They can help you keep your electric, power, and heat on among other utilities.
Anestatia

Post by Anestatia »

I would like information on rental assistance and heating bill assistance in Tacoma, Washington. After my daughter's father evicted us from his home a year ago, I have had fairly steady work as a residential house painter. I'm a Realtor as well but have never pursued that as a career because I don't have the resources to "float" while I wait for a commission check. I recently broke my arm, and while I have done small jobs with my cast on, nothing substantial. I do receive child support for my daughter but it doesn't cover our housing costs. I would so appreciate any help for utilities that anyone can offer. I prefer to work and have been sending resumes almost every day as well as applying for jobs in person. I'm 55 years old so maybe that is a deterrent to getting hired.