Assistance in Florida with bills

State and local government assistance programs.
Perkins
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Assistance in Florida with bills

Post by Perkins »

I'm currently unemployed and living in a low-income high-rise in Miami Florida. I am solely responsible for paying the electric bill and the rent. I have no TV service since I have no digital ready-TV, which is required in this area to receive even local channels. If the electricity is disconnected in your apartment then you will be evicted. I work a part-time volunteer position on my local Resident Council as the Vice-President and receive a $50/month stipend if the money is available. After paying the rent-$10,laundry-$10 and cleaning products $5, I put the remainder on my electric bill. Gradually the bill increases until it get to the point of being threatened with a "Shut-Off" notice. I am actively seeking full-time employment but in the meantime I struggle with keeping clean-shaven and I haven't had a haircut this year. These situations, in my opinion, has kept me from landing many jobs. I also have no transportation and I'm not eligible for many of the other programs you would expect to help an indigent person but rather reach out to other groups instead. Could you please help me to pay my bill this month. I plan to continue to seek employment and look for whatever opportunity presents itself in order for me to hold on to my apartment. Thank You for your consideration. I have a government issued cell phone but you can call and leave a message but I prefer email until my minutes are issued on the 1st of every month.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Assistance in Florida with bills

Post by Admin »

Not sure if this is a serous request as just doesn't sound right. The entire story sounds strange. Regardless, if you really need help with electric bills, basic needs like a haircut, housing, and more, then we have information available. We have programs for Miami and many surrounding counties and towns too. Also, places like the Salvation Army can help with personal grooming. Any, find more on our Miami Dade resources for those bills. Click here.
Oceans

Post by Oceans »

Hi, I relocated here to Florida staying in a extended Day Hotel and looking for a place before school start for my three children. I need assistant with the security deposit. I came here hoping to start work from all the previous promises before I came here to better myself and my children. I did not start work right away and most of my funds are out. I pay 200 a week for the room, and I don't start work until December 5th. Please if you know of anyone that may can help me out on this it will be greatly appreciated. Thank you and God Bless.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, help for security deposits is not as common. However we do have extensive information on non-profits and programs in Florida. This include housing resources. If you are not working right now, unfortunately that does reduce your chance in Florida as agencies want to see people working. Anyway, find more details. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
JJackson

Post by JJackson »

I’m in need of assistance with the electric, water and rent. This is due to the misfortune that because of my health issues and that recently I had surgery and not working, it’s in the process of getting shut off, for both the electric and water. The rent is 2 months, but was willing to negotiate paying 1 month in full or get evicted at the end of this month of February. There’s an elderly gentleman living with me which was the one helping me as well that I helped him when I worked, so now we find ourselves in this situation that he doesn't have a full time job now but just works on his own in miscellaneous work. I live in Sarasota, FL. Thank you.
Rodan

Post by Rodan »

I lost my job as a virtual customer service rep after 15 years due to loss of my voice/severe hoarseness in December 2013. I was forced to stop my medical care due to loss of medical insurance. I was also diagnosed with possible broken leg. I currently receive 1018 per month in child support and receive 207 in Food assistance. My household consist of myself, female, age 45 and my youngest daughter, age 16.
My rent is 850. per month, FLP is around 200 month. Phone, cable, internet around 120 month, auto insurance is 150. I own a 2010 Toyota Corolla with over 100,000 miles. I've sold just about all of my belongings in order to pay my bills up to now. I'm currently enrolled with Employ Florida and attempting to receive unemployment or assistance so I can go back to school to learn a new trade due to my voice issue (computer science). I'm looking for assistance on 1/2 my rent until additional assistance is approved. I just paid 1/2 my delinquent. rent today (mailed) and the remaining 425 is also past due and if not paid within 2 weeks I will receive another 3 day notice. Please, any help you can offer would be a blessing. Thank you in advance.
WilBoom

Post by WilBoom »

I am a Cape Coral Resident and I desperately need help with paying some of my utility bills. I am previously renting a house but because of my income I am unable to get my water turned back on. I am a 32 year old student with a part time job and I have tried my best to make ends meet but I can not so I am asking you for some much needed help and information on what I might be eligible for. I now I am considered low income do to my work being slow and such. I sometime's can't make the rent, cable, etc. I have no Medical insurance and at times I find myself not having enough money for food or other necessities. I could use any help or info that you can give me so that I can get back on my feet again.
Could I apply for food stamps?
Medical Services?
Utilities?
Rent?
Thanks so much for taking the time out to read this and I do hope I hear from you soon since my water has been turned off.
Rangers

Post by Rangers »

Dear Sir/Madam, My son and his family live in Palm Bay, Fl. They have two children, ages 4 and 3 respectfully and excepting their 3rd child in August, 2014. Both work and have an annual income of $45,700.00
Do they qualify for financially daycare assistance? One parent may have to leave their job, because they can not afford to pay for daycare. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Maybe. You will need to call the day and child care programs in Florida to check with them. We have the main numbers on the site. But vouchers are only for low income qualified families, and continue with Florida day care programs.
Claudette Term

Post by Claudette Term »

Hello, I have 6 children of which 5 are school age. I am emailing you because I'm currently out of work and needing assistance with obtaining school clothes and supplies for them for this school year. I reside in Fort Lauderdale Florida. If you can refer me to any association that you know of that can help us it is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for your time.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We can refer you to many associations and aid programs in Florida. They can offer you help with your job, the clothing you need, and more. But first and foremost, you need a job. The unemployment rate in Florida is very low, so search around and apply for assistance in the meantime. Read more Florida assistance programs.
Melvin

Post by Melvin »

I need help with food stamps, Medicaid, electric bill, cable bill, water bill and rent assistance or section 8.
I will be in Florida on 6/15/16. I have benefits now in Massachusetts and need to know where to go for the above said. I do not have housing in Massachusetts still on wait list but have my application and number.
Is there one place to go to apply for all the above said or do I have to go to different locations to get set up? Can I start applying?
Online now? I have my address in Bonita Springs FL where I will be living.
Any help will be so appreciated.
Thank you for your time.
Sincerely,
LoriLynn Smith

Post by LoriLynn Smith »

I'm calling about my 2 children who plan on moving to Florida soon. They will be attending the police academy within the next couple months or so. My question is, is there any type of living assistance or food assistance, medical assistance, etc. certain for them. They will be living on their own, and the academy will be taking up most of their time, that would have been spent working. Is their a program to help them get on their feet, with TEMPORARY assistance just for the time being of their education. The education should be 6 months.
It's very hard for me and my family to make it here in New York, so they are bettering their chances in Florida to make a better future for themselves and potentially new families. Please give me a call, and thank you.
Palms

Post by Palms »

DEAR REP.
I AM WRITING TO YOU ON BEHALF OF MY FIANCE WHO
WAS RECENTLY DIAGNOSED WITH PANCREATIC CANCER AND IS BEING TREATED
IN TAMPA, FL.
SHE IN OCALA, FL @ 3341. SHE IS
SEEKING ASSISTANCE IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS AND NEEDS SUPPORT AND INFORMATION.
1. ELECTRIC BILL ASSISTANCE.
2. FREE ATTORNEY ADVICE ON WILLS AND GENERAL QUESTIONS REGARDING PERSONAL PROPERTY/HOUSE.
3. GAS ASSISTANCE OR VOUCHERS TRAVELING TO AND FROM TAMPA AND THE VILLAGES FOR
CHEMO TREATMENT.
4. MEDICAL ASSISTANCE FOR DOCTORS THAT ARE NOT COVERED UNDER INSURANCE.
5. PRESCRIPTION ASSISTANCE WITH HER OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES THAT HER RX COVERAGE ONLY
COVERS PARTIAL 80%. (PAIN MEDICATION, AND OTHER REQUIRED CANCER MEDS)
6. TELEPHONE/INTERNET SERVICE DISCOUNT INFORMATION OR ASSISTANCE.
SINCERELY;
chass

Post by chass »

I live in Sarasota County and I found your name under needing help paying rent and utility bills. I have 3 children. And I a single mom. I fell behind and just need some help catching Up. Time is critical before power is shut off. Because I have already been served a 3 day notice. I am a server at IHOP I fell behind because it’s been slow and we were closed for a remodel. Anything will help, thank you so much.