I am in debt, and owe back rent

Help with eliminating and paying debt, including credit card debt and medical debt.
hglorente
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

I am in debt, and owe back rent

Post by hglorente »

Hello, I am in debt, owe back rent and debt that has gone to collections. I am about to be laid off and i am the sole support for my family. My total debt is not that high, but it become overwhelming for me since i have not been able to find work to make extra money. I have tried to get state help, but have been unable to find an agency or organization that would help me and my family. Please respond.
I live in California
Fancyone
anti spam: Blue

Re: I am in debt, and owe back rent

Post by Fancyone »

I have been fighting with disability for 2 years now and I get only $1300 a month from insurance. I have to pay $535 a month in rent and $275 for medical insurance, $80 a month auto insurance, my prescriptions are $90 a month, electric is $95 and gas is $55 personal loans of $165 month. I also have a Check and Go loan that runs me $82 a month. This doesn't include my automobile gas and food for my home. What I need is help with rent.
Chipper

Post by Chipper »

Hello, Me and my brother live together in a two bedroom apartment in Dallas Texas. We both have jobs and seek rental assistance for the month of March 2014. My income is roughly about $800 a month, and with my brother just now getting a new job to where he earns roughly the same plus a part-time job where he earns about $200 monthly we can afford our monthly rent that varies between $800-950 monthly with utilities included.
However, this month we've been somewhat unfortunate, the only reason why we are seeking assistance for the month of March is because old debts has surface for me and my brother. For my brother, and old loan agency has threatened to take him to court for the unpaid debt. It has made an offer to settle the debt if he agrees to pay $217.00 weekly until the balance is paid off which is $1500.00, as for me, I have an old debt with the U.S. department of education to settle. As last week we made an agreement to enroll me into an offer called the loan rehabilitation program, which requires a down payment of $370.00 and will be only $70.00 each month after which is affordable by the way, however, the down payment of $370 dollars is also why I am asking for assistance, we were already late for rent in the month of January which we just completed payment for as of September 13th 2013, for me trying to settle the debt the U.S. department of education my bank accounts will be negative until my direct deposit brings them into positive standing which may take a couple weeks since I get paid weekly.
Tomorrow I will be getting paid roughly $160.00 which is already spent for purposes of making a $97.00 loan payment which was taken out to help pay the rent for the month of February. Because of poor financial management skills on behalf of me and my brother we have been fortunate enough to have dodged an eviction after receiving an notification earlier this month. Because of our desire and obligation to honor and fix our financial debt, we are seeking assistance of any kind to resolve a future matter before it's too late. Even if we have to pay back to any institution or person(s) that are willing enough to help us, then that's what we will do. We will only need assistance for the month of March because my brother also goes to the art institute of Dallas, and he receives financial aid that also helps us if the situation calls for it. However that loan will not be delivered to my brother until near the end of February about the 23rd, 24th etc, and with that we are planning to pay off all of our debts because our debt combined doesn't reach $10,000.00 which will be covered by the financial aid he will receive.
We have realized our financial ignorance of the past and are now making amends to fix our credibility. We have claimed financial and personal responsibility and have already started making the necessary changes to succeed in life. Thank you to whom ever receives this for taking the time to read it.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is quite a list of credit, debt and loan issues. Way too much for us to answer by a message board. We strongly suggestion non-profit credit counseling, and you have locations in Texas and Dallas that are near you. They can help you with that court case on the loans, may counsel your brother, and offer other support. There are dozens on offices in Texas, and get more details on them and their solutions. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... texas.html
Olay

Post by Olay »

Good morning sir/ma'am,
This is very hard for me to do. I am not the kind of person to ask for help or to reach out and seem weak or down. My wife recently left me with almost 15000 dollars in credit card debt accrued during our marriage, and two cars one 25000 dollars the other 10000 dollars. I have my son here at Wrightsville, North Carolina, just the two of us, and I am not falling behind on some of my debt. The reason being my ex-wife had my son and I went to get him from our home town after paying her 500 dollars in one paycheck for my son, which she did not use only for him, and then drove and picked up my son and I am not in such a finical hole I don't know what to do anymore, and I also had to give her money this past pay check to be able to go to her job because she has no money and this is her first job ever.
I am receiving debt collection calls and I am at the breaking point as I have no more money to even buy my son milk; we are on WIC but I don't have the WIC book here and I can't afford to drive to get it. The point is I need help and I have asked my family, they are unable to help, and I don't know where to go or what to do anymore. Please don't see this as a charity case or a hand out I am just asking simply for help. Thank you for your time have a great day.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are many credit counseling agencies in Wrightsville, North Carolina, but you may need to search around for a low cost one. Or maybe even go out of county as owing $25,000 is a lot of money. These groups may help you consolidate it or enter into a DMP with your creditor. But you will need to make a lot of hard decisions. You need to cut back, budget, and more. Also, about those collection calls, if they are not following state of NC rules, sue them. We know this is a lot to track, so try a professional. Find free credit counseling in North Carolina.
Bravado

Post by Bravado »

HI There,
I recently lost my Job in May due to visa issues so I'm not entirely sure if I would be eligible for this program. However I thought I might just try my chances.
I was terminated in May this year and was out of my job for, five months which has left me in a five thousand dollar rent debt. I have now got my job back, however I am having to play catch up which is really difficult. I have kept my landlord in the loop and constantly kept him updated with emails explaining my next move, and they have been great, just managed to pay last Augusts rent as I had a little money left over after being terminated in May. So now I am at the point of being stressed out and suffering with insomnia due to trying to figure out how to get out of this hole.
Please if you can advise me in any way I would be really grateful, also I am very hard working and would never put myself in a situation as difficult as this, especially with no support at all from friends or family, due everyone having their own problem with funds to even consider helping me out. It's probably a long shot, but if I had some advice that would really help. Thank you for your time.
Pertyio

Post by Pertyio »

I fell behind on rent due to personal issues and never know how to bring in up with my landlord so I let it get to far. I'm only a couple months behind (about 800 dollars) and I don't know what to do. I have extremely bad anxiety, I'm struggling with depression, and problems at work and I don't know what to do.
I just got an eviction notice and plan to go speak to my landlord ASAP but I still do not have the funds to pay off my debt to them yet. I'm looking for help and other jobs but I don't know what to do, I've never been in this situation before