How to find help with light bills in South Carolina

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
PionousParrot
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

How to find help with light bills in South Carolina

Post by PionousParrot »

I live in Charleston South Carolina. My light bill is 1,33.46 the past due is 355 that I have to pay buy January 31st of they will shut my lights off. I don’t have $400 for a light bill. I have tried Salvation Army not excepting Applications nor is Human Services. Also contacted the North Charleston’s Mayor’s office which someone called me back and was supposed to get back in touch with me last Friday it has been a week and haven’t heard from anyone from the Mayor’s office yet. All the other places I have called asked me if I have SNAP which I do not if I am a Veteran which I am not, or a Senior Citizen which I am not. There is no HELP out there for the working people not necessarily low income, but the Median income? Unless you have a lot of money or no money, the in between falls through the cracks of getting any help. I am only asking for help with my light bill which is too high. And SCE&G is going up again in March. If I can’t pay this how will I pay another light bill if they keep going up, along with everything else. But your paycheck. Please help ! You may contact me after 6pm.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: How to find help with light bills in South Carolina

Post by Admin »

Why isn't the South Carolina Human Services accepting applications? Are you applying for LIHEAP? It makes sense that the Salvation Army may run out of funds as they are always limited.
The Mayor can't help you. Why do you think they can? Millions of people are struggling in this nation with utility bills and other expenses and the amount of aid out there is very limited. Yes, there is limited help for more moderate income people, but that just doesn't apply to you. Unfortunately it is true all across South Carolina and the nation. Anyway, we do have information on electric assistance. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... d_coo.html
Kelly_Ryan

Post by Kelly_Ryan »

Currently our water is off and total cost to re-activate is $608. I have a Duke Energy bill due 2/21 and the cost is $1300. Problems with payment began in August with a garnishment, just a week ago we had an immediate family member to pass away out of state. Is there any assistance available to my family during this difficult time?
LaurenPossedion

Post by LaurenPossedion »

I have a friend in Rock hill, SC that really needs help with their power bill. It is set to be turned off today and they have exhausted all other means. For their info or questions please contact them. Thank you so much!