Michigan family needs to pay a security deposit

Find how to get help with rent
Goldman
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Michigan family needs to pay a security deposit

Post by Goldman »

Hello, I was recently approved through my local DHS office in Pontiac Michigan for moving assistance. However I need help with paying the security deposit for the cooperative apartments I’m moving into.
I was renting a home for 3 years and recently found out the landlord was in foreclosure and I was did not find this out until the eviction notice was delivered to the house. So, being able to prove this hardship they approved me however there is a balance of $500.00 that still has to be paid ( like yesterday ) and I have no idea what other agencies to check with as instructed by my worker at DHS. I have to vacate the premises 1/1/14...so I have less then a week to leave, and my new apartment of course will not provide the keys until the remainder of the deposit is paid in full. Can someone PLEASE help with the contact information for ANY agency that may be able to assist me with this??? I can be reached at this email or you can respond to this email. Thank you in advance for your help in this desperate matter!
Desperately seeking deposit help!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Michigan family needs to pay a security deposit

Post by Admin »

As you noted, security deposits aren't usually paid by DHS. Didn't you ask your agent for those references? They didn't give you information on places to try in Pontiac or Oakland County? Sounds unusual. Anyhow, you can try the agencies we have listed. They are noted below. We have tons of contact information.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _coun.html
DowJ

Post by DowJ »

Hello, I live in Woodhaven, MI in Oakland County. I was hoping you or if you knew a charity or something that could help me in my time of need. I have been searching and searching, and calling different places looking for help, but no luck. I’m down to the wire. I have to have the money for my rent by October 27th. I've been to court for it and everything, and I have to pay the amount by the 27th, and that’s Monday. I got a little loan from H&R Block for half. And DHS is only paying $232 and I have to come up with $2514.88 more. If you know any type of help I can get, can you please email me back as soon as possible or give me a call. Thank you!
Mccant

Post by Mccant »

I was wondering if you could please help me find assistance programs in the Plymouth / Canton Michigan area. My family needs to find housing in that area because that is where my boyfriend’s work is but we need assistance financially in doing so. If you could point me in the right direction to programs that could help us, including with the deposit. Thank you.
Starwood

Post by Starwood »

The house I have been renting for the last 51/2 years has been sold and the new owner terminated my lease. I’m on section 8 housing and have a voucher to move in Michigan. I need numbers of agencies that help with security as the new owner will not give me my security that she has until I vacate and I wasn't prepared to move since my lease isn't up until October 31 2015. I am a single mother of 2 children and am currently unemployed. I Would be able to pay the money back once the new owner returns my security. I just don't have it to move now any help will be greatly appreciated.
Ben Tate

Post by Ben Tate »

I am leaving my job of two years in the city of Flint to work in the Post Office in Birmingham, MI and have very limited funds to pay a security deposit because of personal bills. I want to move there because of the Flint water crisis and really need some kind of relocation expenses, where can I get help because I have to leave in exactly 2 weeks. I really need some help with the deposit.
Jean Smith

Post by Jean Smith »

Dear Sirs/Madam, I am writing to ask for help in moving into an apartment in Bay City Michigan. I do not have a vehicle or I would come in and my phone is out of minutes. I am looking for somewhere to live.
I am 62, on disability and need a place to live desperately. The rent should be around $250 and I have enough for the security which will be the same but I have to rent a U-Haul to get there and that will wipe me out with paying those two. If you would need any info and want it please write back and tell me what you need and I will provide it.
I have Scoliosis, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, and need surgery on my spine and need a hysterectomy. I am in a terrible fix for money to move and security deposit and they are processing my application right now up in Bay City. If you wish to contact her and ask her about me. I thank you for reading this.
ceueller

Post by ceueller »

I'm homeless due to an eviction this past weekend.
I've been staying in motel and hotel but depleted funds quickly.
Trying to find place and a security deposit for it.
Daughter is with my mom so she can continue attending school in district.
Clinton County Michigan, St Johns MI.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you were just evicted, why would anyone help pay the deposit for a new home? What have you done to solve the underlying issue of you not being able to pay rent? For advice on how to stabilize your situation, here are agencies to try in Michigan. Read Michigan homeless prevention programs.
ceueller wrote:I'm homeless due to an eviction this past weekend.
I've been staying in motel and hotel but depleted funds quickly.
Trying to find place and a security deposit for it.
Daughter is with my mom so she can continue attending school in district.
Clinton County Michigan, St Johns MI.