DHS not very helpful

State and local government assistance programs.
chuckMac99
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

DHS not very helpful

Post by chuckMac99 »

I have applied with the DHS for food assistance, which was accepted, but I also need assistance to pay my utilities. I am unemployed, two in household, spouse & myself. Husband has a law suit pending due to injury on the job in December of 2010 and has been out of work since. I currently have a shutoff notice from DTE for the amount of 2894.11. DHS was paying a portion but since I am unemployed and the only income I have coming in monthly is $108.00. This amount does not help me to cover all my bills. I have water and phone/internet to cover as well. I do not have any other bills just these important ones. The home I am currently living in now belongs to my mortgage company as I have been unable to pay. I am still living in the house until they notify me that I will need to leave. In the meantime, PLEASE let me know what I need to do to get assistance or whom I should contact. I may not have power & gas by Monday, October 17th as my shutoff notice was for today, October 14.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Vicker

Re: DHS not very helpful

Post by Vicker »

I am in need of assistance with family housing help due to each member in family having separate serious issues. However we are in need of housing help as a whole family if possible. I am personally also need vehicle assistance to enable me to help all to get around.
My elderly mother/grandchildren in which would enable me to help because due to my disability my mobility is very often limited as far as using public transportation with them. I also have trouble traveling alone and I am desperately need assistance to help pay for uncovered dental work. If I don't take care of it soon or not addressed properly due to having specific medical illnesses then it will continue to ruin my health. The insurance that I have doesn’t cover what is a necessity for total well being. I will give more specific information as needed. I am using a library computer in which I don’t have one of my own to enable me to respond in length. Please contact me with a message on how I can respond back to you or instructions on what assistance /referral you may be able to provide and with call back number. Thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The call back numbers for DHS and public aid for your state is on the site. We have most counties in Minnesota covered. While they probably can't help with transportation, there may be assistance for other needs such as medical care and assistance for the disabled. Anyhow, use the main resource. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... esota.html
CBC

Post by CBC »

I am a single home owner. I have no one to rely on but myself and DHS aid. Please consider this request. I have reached out to the National MS society, for heating bill assistance. I have no where else to turn at this point. I do keep the hot water heater in the off position to keep it as long as I can, PSEG wants to charge me over $1000 for removal and installation, but do to the fact that I do not work. They won't give me any assistance. I am also awaiting for an interview with the state DHS office for cash assistance and food stamps. I am doing everything that I can do to keep things going.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If DHS is not assisting, then try a public aid agency in New Jersey. They too can be effective in helping a struggling family. If you owe $1000 to PSEG, that is a lot of money. So not sure how you got into that whole. But it takes a long time to apply for cash aid, and that won't help you in time. For resources, look here though. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
AlexisJohnson

Post by AlexisJohnson »

I just cannot believe that I'm still not receiving the assistance that I should have been receiving all along. TANF with direct support services & disaster/emergency food assistance program was actually written & designed for families just like mine That are seeking disaster/emergency relief & had to face some tragedy in their life to receive the program.
I don't go over there income limit, which we do not. In fact due to me getting cut off my original assistance my disability check was less than half of what it was supposed to be. Having to pay for my doctor visits & transportation for anywhere that we have to go I'm owing individuals before I get paid & my home help that I'm receiving which is respite care due to my awful health (terminal illness) if they stop caring for me I'm not going to make it at all, hands down. So you would think that would at least leave my assistance that I was receiving right alone but they didn't. They did the exact opposite & take away my home health care program & give me less foo benefits for us & now even paying for my monthly premiums. Why in the world would anyone want to directly hurt myself & family anymore then we are?
We have faced enough hardship for all of in this internet, for 1000 years & well enough for one family to face this is absolutely inhumane. I've always tried to be the best person I could be every day of my life & to always be respectful & polite to everyone I came across. I know that I do not deserve this treatment at all, as if they were trying to make me meet my maker sooner than I am already. Just to think that all I ever wanted & ask for was programs I qualified for & desperately need & deserve after everything that I've been through.
Still haven't got even my food replacement, what’s wrong with this picture. Even how I was treated from the beginning, I was still trying to work with DHS in the neighboring county but the same program director. He's aware of the situation & still no assistance. I don't get it what do I need to do to get me some relief. My family absolutely needs some relief time to feel safe & secure once again & be able to start life from nothing when you had everything & your health is declining day to day, is an awful feeling.
Roscommon County was even declared a continuous county for fires from the USDA in MI. STILL NO HELP, anyone know of any other disaster/emergency relief available out there please let me know and how I can go about and receive.
We need TANF with direct services & disaster/emergency food assistance so we can be good on that at least, please let me be aware if it & how to get the application. We also need Compassionate Care Programs & in home Health Service Programs. Please let me know & be aware on how to get the application & who to turn it back into. Pass my name & number & e-mail to any organizations out there that will assist people in my situation.
Like I haven't been through enough heartache & headache & devastation & hardship, enough for anyone or anybody or whole organization but it's time to let up on me. I'm already not at a 100% anymore & I can't endure anymore hardships I've had my share for this life time & the next. When am I going to actually start meeting the people who does care about families like mine?
I think it's time now, I put up with enough. And it's been a WHOLE LOT, I Need & deserve some relief now after everything we've been through & still no compassionate individuals around, it's lonely out here. Thank You for Your Time & I told you that I would keep you updated & I am. You would think by now someone would care! I'm still praying for that day to come!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, DHS must be denying you for a reason. Also, no one is entitled to anything. You say you should be getting something all along...that sounjds very entitled. Are you making the claim (which is outrageous) that of all people, DHS is singling you out? That is some claim that you better be able to prove and better don't be making lightly. As you would be the first person that that has ever happened too. Find more information on DHS and public aid programs, and keep applying for them.
AlexisJohnson wrote:I just cannot believe that I'm still not receiving the assistance that I should have been receiving all along. TANF with direct support services & disaster/emergency food assistance program was actually written & designed for families just like mine That are seeking disaster/emergency relief & had to face some tragedy in their life to receive the program.