I Need Florida Utility Bill Help

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
kim.ray12

I Need Florida Utility Bill Help

Post by kim.ray12 »

I live in FLorida and need help paying my utility bills. They are going to turn off my service. What can I do?
jMacdouglas1

Re: I Need Florida Utility Bill Help

Post by jMacdouglas1 »

kim.ray12 wrote:I live in FLorida and need help paying my utility bills. They are going to turn off my service. What can I do?
Kim,
Most utilitties have programs called Project Share or Project Care. Contact your company and ask them. These programs may give you grants to help pay utility bills.
Bravado
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Post by Bravado »

Hello,
I just move to Florida 5 months ago and I still have not found a job. I wanted to know if there is any way i can be helped with paying my electric bill. My new bill came for 113.00 due the 29th of December. Ive tried to ask family if they would help no luck at this time. I'm very sick and i don't have a car to travel. Please if you can be of any help I'd appreciate it. My address is Palm bay fl 32909. I don't know what to do is they shut off my light. Please feel free to call me if proof is as paperwork.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

How did you move to Florida but are very sick. Did you move to be with friends or family. Can they help. If not, then try this for Florida utility assistance. All of the local energy programs are listed here, as well as who to call to apply for help, the process, information on grants and weatherization, and much more. Call around. Disabled programs exist too, if you are in that category.
Bravado wrote:Hello,
I just move to Florida 5 months ago and I still have not found a job. I wanted to know if there is any way i can be helped with paying my electric bill. My new bill came for 113.00 due the 29th of December. Ive tried to ask family if they would help no luck at this time. I'm very sick and i don't have a car to travel. Please if you can be of any help I'd appreciate it. My address is Palm bay fl 32909. I don't know what to do is they shut off my light. Please feel free to call me if proof is as paperwork.
Brokaw

Post by Brokaw »

I will be having a baby any day now and me and my husband are low on income. It would help out a lot if we could receive help paying off our electric and gas bill ASAP due to Florida Power. Please reply to my request ASAP and let me know what I need to do to receive help. Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.
Rinaldi

Post by Rinaldi »

We need help with January utility bill and rent. We have a Gulf Power bill. My husband was in a bad wreck end of October at work when the brakes failed and he was subsequently let go from his job. We have 5 children and live in the panhandle of Florida. Prior to this my husband worked hard and overtime to provide for my four kids from a previous marriage and our baby. This has been a very straining set back. It's everything we can do get by daily. I am concerned about this months rent and power especially because I don't want to lose our home while we struggle to get back on our feet. Thank you for your time in this matter.
Doler

Post by Doler »

THANKS TO FP&L the company with NO heart

I thought there would be someone, somewhere who may care! My luck, my life has been so unbelievably down the tubes that I cannot even believe it. I am disabled, my daughter is disabled (autism & bi-polar), those are only 4 of many issues he has. She is now 16, going on 12. I love her so much, the more I need some help they (government) take it away.
We are on food stamps they were cut in half 6 months ago, needless to say we go hungry for at least 2 weeks? Why did they do that--I don't know I have my suspicions, medical issues, lets not go their either. She only has sight in 1 eye. She has such a generous heart, all the while mine is hardening. No Christmas 2 years-about to be 3, Birthday's are celebrated, barely. It is hard to explain why he can't have Christmas when FP&L is going to turn off our electricity--again. Why can't they understand? They have the most arrogant, mean spirited, hateful people who work there, their response is always " I'm sorry mama but I don't make these decisions, I can't do anything to help you." Oh please, why did they put a $350.00 deposit on my bill? Well they say that is the average for my apartment and they can't change that? I've been here 6 months and have never had a bill that high to have such a high deposit. I have to say though, it was my fault, when I was looking for a new place to move the Apt Guide said 'includes all utilities, cable, water & Internet'. Well I thought it was fair, all that being paid. BUT, because I'm on disability I thought that would take care of every thing, well they had me put an extra Months rent as deposit (most pay $300).
It was 2 months into my lease, they said I forgot to pay the electric? Seems as though they forgot to tell me the policy changed. So I was already 3 months behind PLUS the deposit that FP&L wanted, what a mess. So once again, we are due to shut off on Tuesday morning. I can't decide what to do anymore, sleep in the dark, eat or pay FP&L. Now that's a hard one. I had to beg my mother for $60 last week when they shut it off, I paid the $62.15 they wanted and the next day a voice message said I was being shut off on Tuesday March 3rd unless I pay $315 plus $110.
Now lets be realistic, I'm on disability if I could go to work I would, I don't want to live like this, I worked for a Fortune 300 company (AT&T) for 10 years, nope no benefits I was laid off just before I was eligible for pension & medical benefits--what luck. With all that being said, I am so exhausted, tired of everyone wanting something from me. I swear I don't see anyone STRUGGLE as much as us. I just don't know what to do next--already tried LIHEAP, but they won't pay because I cannot locate our birth certificates ;-)) yes, it was Friday 3pm no way I could get home to look for them, they keep forgetting I'm disabled too, broke no gas in my car & what food I did have was all spoiled. Eleven days to go until I get my check for more food. How am I going to feed my son? Thanksgiving was not like theirs I'm sure. Well, even if nobody reads this, I got it off my chest, I don't feel any better because no one cares, no one can or is willing to help, I've hit the end of the road. No where to go, and even if I did no way to get there. I didn't mean to write a book here, that is only 1 little part of my sad story, but no one will read this, so I will just be wasting more space. Thanks for the opportunity to let me vent. HO HO HO! I hope everyone has a merry Christmas. We will, in Spirit.
AmericanG

Post by AmericanG »

My household is in turmoil, we have been out of work for several months and have tried to get work but had no luck and now our power is about to be turned off in the next couple days. Our bill is behind by $306.34 and the bill is $600.34. Can you please help us, don't know what to do. We live in Panama City Beach, Florida 32413.
David145

Post by David145 »

Hi there, I am in need of some help to pay last month's JEA bill in Florida. I had an extension placed on the bill the month before due to my father being ill, and having to run up to the hospital quite frequently. My grandfather had also been very ill and he passed this last week. I owe $369.70. I live on disability. So this bill is one that is hard to pay. I could use some assistant. I don't know where else to go. Thank you.
G20

Post by G20 »

Hello, I am trying to find assistance with my Florida utility bill. I am not on final notice yet, but it’s coming up in a few days.
I am a resident of Polk County Florida, City of Winter Haven.
I appreciate any information.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Try our Polk County Florida assistance programs. As many charities, non-profits, and government agencies may all help you pay them. But yes, you will need to be a resident.
G20 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 8:30 am I am a resident of Polk County Florida, City of Winter Haven.
I appreciate any information.