Need advice in NY please!!

State and local government assistance programs.
singlenymommy
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Need advice in NY please!!

Post by singlenymommy »

I recently seperated from my fiancée due to mental and physical
abuse and drug use. I don't want that around my 6 and 8 year old daughters. He has no job and I have an upcoming custody hearing so I may be able to get child support which will only be about $90 a week. I work full time as an insurance sales person. My take home pay in December was $2200 although I grossed $3398. I went to social services and was denied for any assistance because of my gross salary. My rent is $1575, car insurance is $100, gas is $200, food is $300. That leaves nothing for electric, heat, cable, phone and anything else. Does anyone have any suggestions? I feel like NY is going to force me either back with someone who is dangerous just so I have his income helping or I will be homeless.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Need advice in NY please!!

Post by Admin »

Here is our main NY link, with information on numerous financial assistance programs for rent, utilities, food, and more. Resources are listed by county too.
There are utility assistance programs (from companies and not the government) that you can look into. Maybe try cutting back on food expenses by using pantries, look for new insurance rates, etc. Also try asking a professional non-profit credit counselor for budgeting advice, as they would be the best option ofr support and tips. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
Burgundy

Post by Burgundy »

I am homeless, with a broken down car, a daughter under 18, and just need help fixing my car, finding a job, and attending online school without a computer. We need dental work and encouragement and some help with financial aid until employed, and will repay. I have my phone bill due Friday, and can't pay. I just need a little help to get back to life. I worked 25 years as a realtor in Queens New York. Please help. Respectfully.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is quite a list. Usually when people have that many items we recommend they speak to a community action agency, as staff there can be a valuable source of information. There are places in Queens and New York to try, and they may also have some direct financial aid for you. Thought it will be rare. But anyway, just call a New York community action agency for assistance.
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

Hello,
I rarely ask for help from anyone but I have found myself in a predicament. I don't have much of a family here in New York, I do
Have a brother who's going to help me pay my rent but he's unable to help me with the other bills such as
Utilities, cell phone, TV/internet and gas.
I had an interview today it went very well...if I get the job I don't know how I'm going to make it three weeks on
A tank of gas and it's not going to last until I get a paycheck so I'm researching to see where I can get advice or help until
A paycheck is issued.
Three Hundred dollars...I hope, hope, hope that someone else can help or advise me, it's all I have right now!!!
Thanks for reading...
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is great of you if your brother will help you pay your rent in Cortland. Asking for three hundred dollars is a lot, especially when you have no job. Can't you leave the area and go live with those friends/family you refer too? That may be the best option for you in many cases. But if not, then try these programs here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... e_pro.html
Times

Post by Times »

I am reaching out to you for financial help with my rent and household bills because I am lacking the funds to make these payments in a timely manner.
I am overdue with my rent approximately $5,000 and another $5,000 in bills because I use my credit cards to buy food for my family. The size of my household in Buffalo New York equals five (5) people and I am the only breadwinner in my family, I have to fulfill all of the financial obligations and it is killing me.
My brother was my only relief with my financial burdens and he has since passed away in January 2015. Now I have no other source of monitory help and I am begging you for your financial help with my rent and bills in this instance.
Please help me or direct where to get help with my rent and other household bills so that I my keep my family together.
Thank you for your assistance with my request for financial help and May God continue to shine his light on yours and you.
Sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You owe over 10K? No one will ever assist you. Way too far into the hole. Sorry. But as far as the resources, locate financial assistance in Buffalo. Maybe you can get rent help, free food, and other support. Also look into debt relief for your credit cards.
Times wrote:I am reaching out to you for financial help with my rent and household bills because I am lacking the funds to make these payments in a timely manner.
I am overdue with my rent approximately $5,000 and another $5,000 in bills because I use my credit cards to buy food for my family. The size of my household in Buffalo New York equals five (5) people and I am the only breadwinner in my family, I have to fulfill all of the financial obligations and it is killing me.