Charities for diapers in Louisiana

Find charities that can provide help and assistance
SaraTuck
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Charities for diapers in Louisiana

Post by SaraTuck »

I have an almost two year old daughter who was diagnosed with Generalized epilepsy seizures (sorry still can't spell it right), and is potty trained, but we still have to have diapers for her due to her seizures, and inconsistency at night.
We live in Louisiana, and I can't find any help on diapers for her anywhere in this state at all. I've been researching it and everything, but so far nothing. I was wondering if you might know where I can go to get her some, even a charity. We have elected to home school her due to the I don't trust this school system here. I get worried about her, because I've heard too many horror stories on the schools here and the children who has seizures, so I just keep her home. it's easier. We can at least make sure she's taking her medications, sleeping, and not over doing it. See there are a lot of things I believe we'll need but finding it at a cheap price is not easy.
We don't work due to my husband, her father was just considered disabled as well due to his back. He can't do a lot of things, so I have to be here, because we can't afford to hire anybody to help with anything. My older sister where she can, but it's not much. See things aren't great, but we do love her and I’m trying to find what she needs to be more comfortable with the seizures, and diapers would help. She's not very bright but we're working on it. We do have other children, but none with her issues. Six year old has asthma, and one is still a baby. She loves to help with them when she's able, but that's not very often. She's my angel and I really need to know where I can go to get her diapers and to keep them coming. There are days she can't remember to go to the bathroom.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Charities for diapers in Louisiana

Post by Admin »

There are several national charities that offer free diapers, including some in Louisiana. Now there are almost always income limits and application processes, so you might not qualify. They also tend to be in more urban areas, and you did not mention where exactly you are in Louisiana. Some may also sell them (but at a low cost) and not pass baby supplies or diapers out for free. Anyhow, here is our information page on free diaper programs. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... apers.html