Government assistance

State and local government assistance programs.
L14
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Government assistance

Post by L14 »

Dane County, WI
I have recently lost my job. I am now part of the WIA program and is enrolled in school at MATC full time. I am married with two children, 8, & 6 who are in school. I receive Badgercare, Foodstamps, and reduced/free school lunches for the kids. I am not yet behind on my rent but I am having a real hard time coming up with next months rent. I wanted to know if there was a government program out to help me with my rent while I am going to school, as well as other government aid in addition to what I get now. Help is greatly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Government assistance

Post by Admin »

There are both some government programs and non-profits in Dane County Wisconsin. They may have some funds for rent, and information on both state and federal government assistance programs. Some of the options may be CATHOLIC CHARITIES DIOCESE OF MADISON (608) 821-3100 and or the SALVATION ARMY (608) 256-2321). Both will from time to time have limited funding, and defintely information on various government and other assistance programs.

http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/dan ... ogram.html
L14 wrote:Dane County, WI
I have recently lost my job. I am now part of the WIA program and is enrolled in school at MATC full time. I am married with two children, 8, & 6 who are in school. I receive Badgercare, Foodstamps, and reduced/free school lunches for the kids. I am not yet behind on my rent but I am having a real hard time coming up with next months rent. I wanted to know if there was a government program out to help me with my rent while I am going to school, as well as other government aid in addition to what I get now. Help is greatly appreciated.
ParkerP

Post by ParkerP »

My husband according to his unemployment filing on 5/22/2011 that he will be no longer be able to file claims nor receive any monies after 6/1/2011. I am currently working part time receiving 350 to 600 a month. Our rent is 850, electricity runs 125 to 200 a month, water is 40, my car insurance is 80.75 a month, and our land line phone is 19.99 a month. I am not able to provide enough money to keep myself ,son, daughter and husband housed and the useful utilities with my pay. I am the guardian of 4 siblings I am a 24yr old single parent of 2 girls one 3 and a unborn I am still currently employed with my job at ryla because i cannot afford to take a family leave. My siblings are currently receive SSI from my mother who recently passed in April of 2009. I am trying my very best to keep my family together and provide for them. The income we have coming in just isn't covering all the major bills plus i'm having to pay back student loans
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Did you want a comprehensive list of government low income programs? Then you have some to the right place. When the income is not coming in at a high enough level, which sounds like the case for you, you do have options and programs. There are job training programs, energy bill assistance, and other low income government programs. For example, one resource you may find useful are grants offered by your utility company to pay bills. After all they do not really want to turn off power. Bad publicity for them too, especially people with children.
ParkerP wrote:My husband according to his unemployment filing on 5/22/2011 that he will be no longer be able to file claims nor receive any monies after 6/1/2011. I am currently working part time receiving 350 to 600 a month. Our rent is 850, electricity runs 125 to 200 a month, water is 40, my car insurance is 80.75 a month, and our land line phone is 19.99 a month. I am not able to provide enough money to keep myself ,son, daughter and husband housed and the useful utilities with my pay. I am the guardian of 4 siblings I am a 24yr old single parent of 2 girls one 3 and a unborn I am still currently employed with my job at ryla because i cannot afford to take a family leave. My siblings are currently receive SSI from my mother who recently passed in April of 2009. I am trying my very best to keep my family together and provide for them. The income we have coming in just isn't covering all the major bills plus i'm having to pay back student loans
Formydaughter

Post by Formydaughter »

I have a 1yr old daughter. i moved to ohio because i was being beat. i moved to better my life. i start school june 27 and im trying to get employed. i signed up for welfare and my case has not been accepted yet. i have also called the safe hotline for shelters and there are no openings. i have been here since march 23 2011. im not from ohio and im trying to the best of my abilty. i found an apartment for 40! a month. i start working nxt week for the noodle company in hyde park. but i dont get paid till the end of the month. i need someone to please take me and my daughter into consideration. i will continue to pay my rent on time. i am a responsible and reliable person. please give me a chance. i currently stay with a older lady i met and she lives in section 8 and everyone knows that if your not on that lease u cannot stay there. and that what is currently going on now. me and my daughter have to go and we have no where to go.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

What county in Ohio? So sounds like you are looking for some type of housing programs that may get you into a home or apartment? Maybe pay first months rent or a security deposit. Find Ohio assistance programs which can provide rent help too. Scroll mid way down and click on your county to find agencies and non-profits and government programs in Ohio.

Formydaughter wrote:I have a 1yr old daughter. i moved to ohio because i was being beat. i moved to better my life. i start school june 27 and im trying to get employed. i signed up for welfare and my case has not been accepted yet. i have also called the safe hotline for shelters and there are no openings. i have been here since march 23 2011. im not from ohio and im trying to the best of my abilty. i found an apartment for 40! a month. i start working nxt week for the noodle company in hyde park. but i dont get paid till the end of the month. i need someone to please take me and my daughter into consideration. i will continue to pay my rent on time. i am a responsible and reliable person. please give me a chance. i currently stay with a older lady i met and she lives in section 8 and everyone knows that if your not on that lease u cannot stay there. and that what is currently going on now. me and my daughter have to go and we have no where to go.
Greene

Post by Greene »

Thank you for taking the time to read my plea and for help in finding assistance to those who are needy. I am 36 and am married for about 9 years. My husband and I have a 6 year old together, and he also has 3 other children from multiple marriages. About 6 months ago I lost my job due to my car breaking down and not having a ride to work. This was hard, because I have never been without a job for more than a couple of weeks since I turned 17 (with the exception of maternity leave). My husband lost his job about 8 weeks after-the new company he had found a good job with (or so we thought) had him at assistant manager and he was working about 70 hours a week with the overtime, (which made it okay that I lost my job so I could take care of our daughter) but was fined and shut down after they were caught with salesmen that were not licensed. For the first time in my life I have turned to the government assistance both state of Michigan, local Detroit, and federal, for help, we recently were granted food stamps. Every week has been a struggle to survive- every bill we have is double and usually gets turned off before we find someone (usually a family member) to help us get them turned back on. Monday is our cut off day for Power-they have noted that this time if it gets turned off, we will have to pay bot months bill and a $500.00 deposit-which would be impossible for us. At the same time my husband's son's mother is trying to take us to court about child support-but somehow we have been able to come up with just enough every month to keep that from happening. Child support papers were written in 1998-when my husband was making good money, had no wife and no other children. Trying to keep up with just that one $500.0/month payment +medical bills+his clothing (which she is taking him shopping every week and sending us receipts/bills for clothes out of spite-she knows we are financially struggling and it is written in papers that my husband pays half of clothing-no cap specified). We have already lost our car insurance, medical insurance, phone, television, and next is power. Not sure what to do-this is my last attempt to keep at least the power on for my precious little one. This is a very humbling experience and I pray that you can help us. Thanks for anything you can do. Sincerely,
Detroit Michigan
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We do have a comprehensive listing of low income and specifically government assistance programs. You can also decide to call your local community action agency in Detroit. You do want to pay the bills before power gets turned off, as then you need to pay a reconnection fee. Find an extensive listing of low income assistance programs, including funds for deposits for both rent and energy bills. Some car repair programs may also be provided.
Greene wrote:Thank you for taking the time to read my plea and for help in finding assistance to those who are needy. I am 36 and am married for about 9 years. My husband and I have a 6 year old together, and he also has 3 other children from multiple marriages. About 6 months ago I lost my job due to my car breaking down and not having a ride to work. This was hard, because I have never been without a job for more than a couple of weeks since I turned 17 (with the exception of maternity leave). My husband lost his job about 8 weeks after-the new company he had found a good job with (or so we thought) had him at assistant manager and he was working about 70 hours a week with the overtime, (which made it okay that I lost my job so I could take care of our daughter) but was fined and shut down after they were caught with salesmen that were not licensed. For the first time in my life I have turned to the government assistance both state of Michigan, local Detroit, and federal, for help, we recently were granted food stamps. Every week has been a struggle to survive- every bill we have is double and usually gets turned off before we find someone (usually a family member) to help us get them turned back on. Monday is our cut off day for Power-they have noted that this time if it gets turned off, we will have to pay bot months bill and a $500.00 deposit-which would be impossible for us. At the same time my husband's son's mother is trying to take us to court about child support-but somehow we have been able to come up with just enough every month to keep that from happening. Child support papers were written in 1998-when my husband was making good money, had no wife and no other children. Trying to keep up with just that one $500.0/month payment +medical bills+his clothing (which she is taking him shopping every week and sending us receipts/bills for clothes out of spite-she knows we are financially struggling and it is written in papers that my husband pays half of clothing-no cap specified). We have already lost our car insurance, medical insurance, phone, television, and next is power. Not sure what to do-this is my last attempt to keep at least the power on for my precious little one. This is a very humbling experience and I pray that you can help us. Thanks for anything you can do. Sincerely,
Detroit Michigan
Nealhannon

Post by Nealhannon »

I am writing on behalf of a friend who does not have a computer and is in need of help with bills. She takes care of her old disabled grandmother who lives with her in Maryland, and my friend has 3 young children too. She gets public government assistance and food stamps and LIHEAP to help with electric bill. The problem is she still owes several hundred dollars on heat bill from this past winter and does not have sufficient income to pay this bill and fuel oil company told her she can not get any more deliveries until bill is paid. She is very concerned because weather is getting chilly at night. Can you offer any assistance or advice to help her pay off heating bills? Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

What did the LIHEAP program tell her? Usually they can provide some type of cash aid or assistance, even for older heating and energy bills. That is great that also taking care of your grandmother too. Yes, you do need to take care of it before winter begins. Find Maryland assistance programs that can help with heating and other bills too.

Nealhannon wrote:I am writing on behalf of a friend who does not have a computer and is in need of help with bills. She takes care of her old disabled grandmother who lives with her in Maryland, and my friend has 3 young children too. She gets public government assistance and food stamps and LIHEAP to help with electric bill. The problem is she still owes several hundred dollars on heat bill from this past winter and does not have sufficient income to pay this bill and fuel oil company told her she can not get any more deliveries until bill is paid. She is very concerned because weather is getting chilly at night. Can you offer any assistance or advice to help her pay off heating bills? Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Deb Cell

Post by Deb Cell »

I live in Vernon, Indiana. I am writing you in hope of getting some kind of aid, I have worked since I was 18 and never asked for help. In January 2013 I broke my leg and I was off until March 14 2013 when I was cleared by doctor to return to work. I then had to take a return to work physical where another health matter was found. I haven’t had a pay check since September 9 2012, when I was cleared to return to work on March 14 2013. My workers comp was cut off, my company is not paying anything for the leg saying it is not work related so I haven’t had any kind of income since March and needless to say got bills piled a mile high and water has been shut off for 3 weeks now. Electric is about to be shut off and I’m behind in my house payment then on top of everything else, the clutch transmission in my Ford ranger went out and I’m outta a vehicle now. I have been turned down for aid everywhere I have applied so if you receive this and can help, please call me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you were hurt at work did you apply for workmen compensation or disability? Your employer in Indiana should be required to offer this to you. However there are other government and public assistance programs that can maybe give you food, funds for heating and utilitties, and even housing. There is a social service administration that you want to call. Find more details on Indiana public and government aid.
Cuomo

Post by Cuomo »

I am a new first time mother. Even though my husband and I both work full time we are having severe difficulties. Due to fraudulent documents having been submitted, my husband is paying $830 child support for his first child (only one child). This is literally half his income. His ex-wife had him falsely arrested this summer. All the charges were dropped and expunged, but we now have legal bills on top of the medical bills from my son’s birth in December.

His daughter is living in a house that does not have consistently running water and has been found to have drugs. The mother is on 15 counts of TNcare fraud for doctor shopping. We need to get her safe, but I cannot let my son starve to accomplish this. Clarksville DCS is being investigated on the state level for children being hurt in custody and has not been very helpful. My husband working full time and I have many health problems. Please help us.
Train

Post by Train »

Hello, two months ago my wife had to have surgery and lost her job leaving me to pay all the bills. I had no problem with it. But then my job slowed down and I fell behind on bills. We have three kids that stay with us and are landlord don't want to hear that I will pay her something every week until paid up. So now she want to takes us to court to have us put out for $900.00 and I was just seeking help to prevent this from happening. If I can get the help I need it will be great. Thank you and I look forward to hearing back from you guys.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well not sure if the government aid will help you in this case. But you can try. But you need to have a very low income to apply/get help, and maybe you do not hit that threshold. Maybe your wife can apply for disability after her surgery too. Anyway here are the government assistance programs to try. Or try a homeless prevention program too which may help you during that court filing.