Need Eviction Mediation assistance

State and local government assistance programs.
Lawmuh
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need Eviction Mediation assistance

Post by Lawmuh »

Hello, I need some eviction mediation or legal assistance to prevent eviction. My landlord does not want to renew my lease
because I have been late on the rent many times. I have never missed a month or even had to go to court, it is just my
paycheck comes on the 10th and the rent is due on the 5th. I haven't been able to leap frog in 3 years and I explained this
to the rental agent and asked if I could get a revised late date..the answer was no. So any assistance to negotiate a new lease
and prevent eviction is great.

thanks
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need Eviction Mediation assistance

Post by Admin »

Depending on your income, you may qualify for free legal aid or pro-bono assistance. Law firms would help with an illegal or questionable eviction, or landlord/tenant issues. Select your state using the following link to get phone numbers and more information. Find free legal aid, and states are listed on the page towards the middle section of page.
Lawmuh wrote:Hello, I need some eviction mediation or legal assistance to prevent eviction. My landlord does not want to renew my lease
because I have been late on the rent many times. I have never missed a month or even had to go to court, it is just my
paycheck comes on the 10th and the rent is due on the 5th. I haven't been able to leap frog in 3 years and I explained this
to the rental agent and asked if I could get a revised late date..the answer was no. So any assistance to negotiate a new lease
and prevent eviction is great.

thanks
Lawmuh

Post by Lawmuh »

Thanks...i wrote the landlord a letter asking them to work with me, maybe on a month-to-month - if that don't work i'll call a lawyer to assist.
MrsMerkel

Post by MrsMerkel »

Hello, I live in Fort Myers, Fl. 33966. I am dire straits, as I cannot pay my rent for July. I was just served a 3 day notice to pay or quit. My rent is $750. /month. I have lived here with my daughter for 4 years, and I am the sole provider. I receive 100% Disability. As of Jan. 1st, our food stamps were reduced to $106.00 for the 2 of us; I receive $1,458.00/month. Less the $106.00 for Medicare just started paying that in March, 2013. The state dropped my Medicaid as of January 2013, to Medically Needy. I have to pay every month my Dr. at $145.00 + over 500/month for my medication. I own my car, I am behind on March insurance for it, electric, and phone is paid. I NEED someone to help me pay the rent so that we are not homeless. I don't care about anything else. My daughter needs as much stability as she can get. I am begging for help. My landlord does not care, he lives out of state, and my realtor is very nice and understands, but her hands are tied and she has been unable to mediate a solution. Please help, next month the Medicare kicks in and I won't be paying these expenses that I had to pay the last 3 months. Thank you,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

With that many bills overdue, it presents other challenges. Most rent assistance programs are very short term in nature and they focus their limited funds on Fort Myers Florida families that are facing a short term hardship. It sounds like you may have more underlying financial issues. However you can always call around and see what you can find, if anything. Our list of Lee County rent and housing resources are on the site. Click here.