Where to get food in Maryland

State and local government assistance programs.
Booty
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Where to get food in Maryland

Post by Booty »

I am a full-time working mother of 4 children. I have been struggling to put food on the table all by myself since 2006 when I divorced and my ex husband decided not to help me financially. This year has been the hardest for me.
In addition to food, I need help with utilities and/or rent. I usually get everything done on my own but when my children first started school in Maryland is when I started to fall behind. I had to purchase school clothes and lunches for 4 kids. Its very hard not to be able to provide for your children. I don't do drugs, I believe in GOD, I have never asked for help. My biggest fear is not being able to provide for my children, give them the best and become homeless. I have no family or nowhere else to turn.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Where to get food in Maryland

Post by Admin »

We agree that food should be the priority. There are many local and regional pantries in Maryland. Once you get your groceries and other items from the free food banks, that will free up your income for rent and other bills. So that is a good idea. Also, explore free lunch programs for your children, as those are available in Maryland too. Find free Maryland pantries.
Johny tab
anti spam: Blue

Re: Where to get food in Maryland

Post by Johny tab »

Emergency rent and utilities assistance and also need food and holiday help in Maryland. I am temporary Disabled and my son has been getting SSI since 2006. His check was just lowered this past month by the state of Maryland and I am unable to work. We are out of food and can't eat. I have no way to pay all of our rent or pay our utilities. If you could a help us in any way with food would be so helpful or even give me referrals/resources that may be able to help. God Bless you and thank you.