Don't like asking for help but have no choice

State and local government assistance programs.
Silverado
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Don't like asking for help but have no choice

Post by Silverado »

Hi, I am 52 and have end stage COPD and I am recently receiving SSI and SSDI for a total of $730. I live in Jacksonville Florida with my 22 year old daughter who is unemployed but has been in college for 2 years. My rent is $695 with heat and hot water included and my son-in-law was paying my utilities until recently but him and my daughter are struggling themselves in the 3rd floor apartment in the same building.
My son-in-law works full time but they just don't have enough to provide for all of us. They have a 4 year old daughter and a son due in just a couple of weeks. They pay $630 for their rent and are also having trouble paying their bills and buying food. We are all hungry and I am praying for some help. I raised 4 children, 2 teenage daughters on my own working as a BS1 for 8 years and I hate asking for help but even though my children are grown, it breaks my heart to see them hungry.
Old 12 A

Re: Don't like asking for help but have no choice

Post by Old 12 A »

The information is for my daughter. She works right now 32 hours a week but she needs to have an intense 2 day process of back surgery. This will be her 3rd surgery but it is also the first time she has lived on her own. She is 25 years old. She needs the surgery ASAP but she is worried about her bills for the 2 1/2 months she will be out of work. So the sooner I can get her assistance the sooner she can have this surgery.
She will need 2 1/2 months of rent, power, daily expenses (food, toiletries, etc.) and hopefully her cell phone. She needs the cell phone because she will be laid up for 2 months and in case she needs anything at all she can call. She does not have food stamps anymore cause in Nevada, she makes to much money, which is so wrong in my opinion, but that is for another day. Please help me find assistance for her so she can keep her independence and she wouldn't have anything to worry about except for getting better and hopefully a better quality of life. THANK YOU.
Couric12

Post by Couric12 »

THE WHOLE HOUSE NEEDS REPAIR INSIDE AND OUT BEFORE IT FALLS. THE TREES IN THE BACK & FRONT NEED TO BE CUT DOWN & PAINTED OUTSIDE & IN. I DO NOT HAVE THE FUNDS. I AM ON A FIXED INCOME PLUS I NEED HELP WITH GAS, LIGHTS, & WATER BILLS. I WOULD VERY MUCH APPRECIATE THE HELP AND IF YOU NEED TOO CONTACT ME? CALL ME AT IMMEDIALTY. THANKS. GOD' BLESS.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We can help your daughter (or you on her behalf) find financial assistance. We recommend trying the state government and then maybe a local charity too. In addition, there are some charities that focus on people with medical needs....so add them to the mix and try them too. Lifeline may help with her cell phone, and there is much more. We hope she feels better, especially since she is only 25, and try this for government assistance. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... progr.html