My senior mom is struggling in Ohio

State and local government assistance programs.
Elliot
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

My senior mom is struggling in Ohio

Post by Elliot »

Good morning.
I wanted to reach out to someone that could help my senior mom with some financial battles. She has a job working a hospital in Ohio, but doesn't make enough to cover her monthly bills. She works approximately 13 hours/ day 6-7 days a week; however, she cannot keep her head above water. She has been at the same job well over 10 years and does not spend her money on things outside of her means at all. Her credit isn't good at all because she has to "rob Peter to pay Paul", therefore there is never enough money to pay the balance of anything. She truly needs help a.s.a.p. and she is renting a home in Ohio that she desperately wants to keep, but things are not looking good. She could be evicted any day for being behind on rent. I would appreciated greatly ANYTHING that could be done to assistance her with paying her rent and utilities.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: My senior mom is struggling in Ohio

Post by Admin »

That is an incredible work ethic that your mom has. Did she try calling the agency on aging offices in Ohio? While they probably won;t have direct financial aid for her bills or needs, they may have referrals or suggestions. They are local centers as well. There are also some different rental assistance programs in Ohio that may help, and she can also look into HUD vouchers for seniors. But try the agency on aging in Ohio. Click here.
Baldur1

Post by Baldur1 »

I am in desperate need of financial help. I have been taking care of my mom n Ohio who is ill for 10 years. We grew up in poverty living in our car with no food. I have struggled to just stay alive. I am trying to go to college but I lost my apartment and am homeless. Now was in an abusive relationship which caused dental damage. I also need a car to get my mom to and from appointments.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Good for you to make that sacrifice in your own life to care for your mom. And coming from a background of poverty to care for her is a great story to here. Have you and your mom try a senior assistance program in Ohio, which are run by agency on aging centers.
Baldur1 wrote:I am in desperate need of financial help. I have been taking care of my mom n Ohio who is ill for 10 years. We grew up in poverty living in our car with no food.