Need assistance to make condo repairs

State and local government assistance programs.
armeany1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need assistance to make condo repairs

Post by armeany1 »

I am a social worker to people with disabilities that live in the community in apartments and homes (either owned or rented). One of my clients is in dire need to have repairs done to her condo. Her bathroom is falling apart; her vanity is crumbling, she has a leak in her sink. Her air conditioner is in need of having the coils cleaned. I have asked the state for funding for this, and it has been denied. Is there anyone out there, or an agency, that is willing to provide this type of work to my client? She has a daughter that lives with her, and lives on a fixed income. She receives very little, sporadic child support payments, and has medical bills as well, so she cannot afford any repairs at all. I am hoping that someone will be able to help or guide me as to what to do!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need assistance to make condo repairs

Post by Admin »

Have you looked into weatherization, and check with local community action agencies? This is a federal government funded program that can help ensure homes are sage, liveable, with a focus on energy saving improvements to homes. Some community action agencies may also facilitate very low (or zero percent) interest loans that can be used to help pay for home repairs. Here is information on weatherization and places to apply and general guidelines.
armeany1 wrote:I am a social worker to people with disabilities that live in the community in apartments and homes (either owned or rented). One of my clients is in dire need to have repairs done to her condo. Her bathroom is falling apart; her vanity is crumbling, she has a leak in her sink. Her air conditioner is in need of having the coils cleaned. I have asked the state for funding for this, and it has been denied. Is there anyone out there, or an agency, that is willing to provide this type of work to my client? She has a daughter that lives with her, and lives on a fixed income. She receives very little, sporadic child support payments, and has medical bills as well, so she cannot afford any repairs at all. I am hoping that someone will be able to help or guide me as to what to do!
Apple One

Post by Apple One »

To Whom it concern:

I’m Deaf, hearing impaired. I’m single mom with 4 kids. Divorced 14 years. I've tried real hard. We don’t know what to do. Needing HELP!

My condo been destroyed by a neighbor. He had a yard sale, too. He sold everything I had from my home. He is in jail since June 2012 for something else. I've been told that I need a lawyer to do lawsuit, that I have to put down $ 5000.00 ahead for suing him. I don’t have anything left to begin with. I don’t know what to do to save my house being in auction. I've had no rent and deposit, he scammed me form money to send him to repair the house which it never happen.

He was supposed to do his job to take care of my property in Georgia while I was away out of town. I’ve sent him money to repaired my house if needed. Also he kept the rent and deposit money as well. I’ve sent him money to repair our house, he scammed me for 4 years. My kids and I came home to see my property. I've had my stuff stored in barn from antique personal belonging with clothes, electronics, computers, printers, camera's, furniture, leather love seat, leather and suede 3 piece sofa, entertainment (flat screen) center, Temprapedic Mattress (King size), Sleigh Wood king size bed, Kids ( Daughter) / Teen (son) mattress with Wood Bunk beds, Big stand Red air compressor (Lowes) and the wheel air compressors (Home Depot), Tools and tools chest, 2 sets of air tools ( Lowes).

Also my cars, 2001 Honda, 1999 Geo, 1970 Ford antiques truck F-70 , boat & trailor (1967) intruder motor, 3 trailors $2200.00, Uhaul (u-haul) $1600.00, Dump trailor ( Lowes)$600.00, 1 camper (FEMA )$6000.00, 1970 travel trailor 40-ft long $1500.00, Green Trailer for tractor $900.00, Tractor Red Yamore (Japanese) bush hog, box scrapers $4995.00 and finishing mow attachment $1600.00 Taylor Farm where all damaged. MY John deer riding lawn mower from Lowe's $1700.00, 4 Four wheeler, 500CC (daughter)/ 1500CC (son), 5000 (mom) $3000.00 But it was $6000.00. Whirlpool bath tub, Hard wood floor 1/ inch thick, many more to itemized are gone He SOLD All of my stuff. And many more stuff to name. Now, its trashed and destroyed.

My condo is completely gone from refrigerator, dish washer, front load washer & dryer, freezer, Kitchen and bathroom cabinets, all thru out the whole house. Floor, walls, ceiling, light fixtures, ceiling fans ( 7 room) wires, coppers pipes. There’s not a thing left at all. Everything that I've had in there was from 100 -200 thousand to dollars. House damage say 100,000.00 or more. Now I have nothing left not a thing left. I haven’t had any rent for 4 years, couldn't pay property taxes for 3 to 4 years to go . Now its going to auction in March.

I am now I’m in furlough with my government job, losing one day per week out of my pay and that’s every week that $ 750.00 LOST a month at marine base in Georgia. Myself and 4 kids are living in Camper to make a living. It’s hard. I don’t know what to do now. Thanks for advice.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Why would you leave the care of your Georgia condo to someone else? We do not see the reason for that. But sue the neighbor. Not sure what else you can do. You should have checked on the home (you could have bough a couple ~$100 security cameras) and should have checked the home yourself for repairs and theft. Especially if want you are saying is true regarding the possessions....but honestly this entire email sounds fishy. It almost seems like you are running a scam. So maybe a Georgia community action agency has suggesstions for you on how to proceed with the repairs and lawsuit.
Apple One wrote:To Whom it concern:

I’m Deaf, hearing impaired. I’m single mom with 4 kids. Divorced 14 years. I've tried real hard. We don’t know what to do. Needing HELP!

My condo been destroyed by a neighbor. He had a yard sale, too. He sold everything I had from my home. He is in jail since June 2012 for something else. I've been told that I need a lawyer to do lawsuit, that I have to put down $ 5000.00 ahead for suing him. I don’t have anything left to begin with. I don’t know what to do to save my house being in auction. I've had no rent and deposit, he scammed me form money to send him to repair the house which it never happen.

He was supposed to do his job to take care of my property in Georgia while I was away out of town. I’ve sent him money to repaired my house if needed. Also he kept the rent and deposit money as well. I’ve sent him money to repair our house, he scammed me for 4 years. My kids and I came home to see my property. I've had my stuff stored in barn from antique personal belonging with clothes, electronics, computers, printers, camera's, furniture, leather love seat, leather and suede 3 piece sofa, entertainment (flat screen) center, Temprapedic Mattress (King size), Sleigh Wood king size bed, Kids ( Daughter) / Teen (son) mattress with Wood Bunk beds, Big stand Red air compressor (Lowes) and the wheel air compressors (Home Depot), Tools and tools chest, 2 sets of air tools ( Lowes).

Also my cars, 2001 Honda, 1999 Geo, 1970 Ford antiques truck F-70 , boat & trailor (1967) intruder motor, 3 trailors $2200.00, Uhaul (u-haul) $1600.00, Dump trailor ( Lowes)$600.00, 1 camper (FEMA )$6000.00, 1970 travel trailor 40-ft long $1500.00, Green Trailer for tractor $900.00, Tractor Red Yamore (Japanese) bush hog, box scrapers $4995.00 and finishing mow attachment $1600.00 Taylor Farm where all damaged. MY John deer riding lawn mower from Lowe's $1700.00, 4 Four wheeler, 500CC (daughter)/ 1500CC (son), 5000 (mom) $3000.00 But it was $6000.00. Whirlpool bath tub, Hard wood floor 1/ inch thick, many more to itemized are gone He SOLD All of my stuff. And many more stuff to name. Now, its trashed and destroyed.

My condo is completely gone from refrigerator, dish washer, front load washer & dryer, freezer, Kitchen and bathroom cabinets, all thru out the whole house. Floor, walls, ceiling, light fixtures, ceiling fans ( 7 room) wires, coppers pipes. There’s not a thing left at all. Everything that I've had in there was from 100 -200 thousand to dollars. House damage say 100,000.00 or more. Now I have nothing left not a thing left. I haven’t had any rent for 4 years, couldn't pay property taxes for 3 to 4 years to go . Now its going to auction in March.

I am now I’m in furlough with my government job, losing one day per week out of my pay and that’s every week that $ 750.00 LOST a month at marine base in Georgia. Myself and 4 kids are living in Camper to make a living. It’s hard. I don’t know what to do now. Thanks for advice.